This Is England '86

Tooj

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massively looking forward to this, this was my time after all. Although I wasn't a skanky skinhead or mod, more a proto-goth-morrisey type thing. The 80s were shit in so many ways but I can't help thinking they had some character compared to the present X factor generation. :lol: no doubt.

Massively looking forward to this, this was my time after all. Although I wasn't a skanky skinhead or mod, more a proto-goth-morrisey type thing. The 80s were shit in so many ways but I can't help thinking they had some character compared to the present X factor generation. :lol: no doubt.

You're just pining for a time when you weren't seen as just another Gordon Ramsay impersonator.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
England-Football-Squad-Weve-Got-The-Whol-215326.jpg

Believe it or not I have the record of this to this day. "England for ever moreeeeeeee you'll hear the lions roooooooar".

The pop van?!!

Pop van?

What were tha' all about?

Weird one that like. Back in the days of Cream Soda. Sodastreams were strange too.

Girls with white stilettos were Sharon's

and blokes with flat top hair cuts were Trevor's

Aye :lol:

Shaz and Trev. You could picture the names on those stickers on the inside tops of car windscreens. Also, car horns that were like the General Lee's. :huh:

Stick your 80s memories here:

I'll kick-off with video nasties. That weren't really that nasty in retrospect.

The Barley Mow, Egypt cottage, Trent (when it was good), Broken doll, Farmers, The Mayfair, The Avenue (Whitley Bay), and Surfers (Tynemouth).

Guest Tuco Ramirez
The pop van?!!

Pop van?

What were tha' all about?

I seen a pop van go over an indian kids head and he got up and started running round like fuck all had happened.

we used to have competitions in our street to see who could drink a whole bottle of dandelion and burdoch in one go the fastest.

And woe betide anyone at school with either name.

Taping songs off the radio for me. Especially in 1986 actually. When music stops becoming a background thing and evolves into something you actively want to investigate, but all that's available to you is Metro and Radio 1. :lol:

Shaz and Trev. You could picture the names on those stickers on the inside tops of car windscreens. Also, car horns that were like the General Lee's. :huh:

Collectively they were casuals. We didn't have charvers in the 80s afaik.

I remember there was a fashion for striped shirts like pajama tops for a while, in fact I had a few when I was 16 or 17. ;)

Deeley-boppers, spud-u-likes, luminous socks. Particularly wearing odd pairs of lumi socks. Drainpipe jeans. Sta-pressed trousers. Farah's.

Collectively they were casuals. We didn't have charvers in the 80s afaik.

I remember there was a fashion for striped shirts like pajama tops for a while, in fact I had a few when I was 16 or 17. ;)

Green and white ones in particular.