This Is England '86

Tooj

Booking the new releases out at the video shop cos they'd only have one copy of each film. You could reserve stuff at Video Phil (what a name!) at the nook in shields and had to keep checking to see if the person that had it had brought it back in yet.

Fixing the tracking and fast forwarding and rewinding if the tape wasn't quite working properly.

I'm in Scotland at the minute and just walked down a street with a Victoria Wine and an Intersport on it. Land that time forgot.

Jesus...Intersport was shit even back in the 80's. :lol:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booking the new releases out at the video shop cos they'd only have one copy of each film. You could reserve stuff at Video Phil (what a name!) at the nook in shields and had to keep checking to see if the person that had it had brought it back in yet.

Fixing the tracking and fast forwarding and rewinding if the tape wasn't quite working properly.

I'm in Scotland at the minute and just walked down a street with a Victoria Wine and an Intersport on it. Land that time forgot.

Cleaning the head. :lol:

I was in the Montparnasse shopping centre in Paris a couple of months ago and they had a C&A, Habitat, and a few other old skool chains I thought had gone to the wall. Was like being back in the 80s. And I thought the French were supposed to be cool and sophisticated.

Aye. You used to be able to rent some cracking videos for 50p back then...a wide selection. These days you can only get the latest 'blockbuster' releases.

Game and Watch!

I had the first G&W ever iirc - called 'Fire' where you had to save people jumping out a burning building with a trampoline. The orange dual screen Donkey Kong was the best though.

I was in the Montparnasse shopping centre in Paris a couple of months ago and they had a C&A, Habitat, and a few other old skool chains I thought had gone to the wall. Was like being back in the 80s. And I thought the French were supposed to be cool and sophisticated.

They still dress like the kids out the tricolore books over there man. And you still get Intersport in Norn Iron. And Nazi-related grafitti. Combat 18 ffs :lol: So called because at their peak they had 18 members.

Me "Any shops you want to go to when we're in London"

Her "Primark!"

True story.

230 pub closing on a Sunday afternoon.

We used to have a tradition of drinking of a Good Friday Afternoon then going for a curry on Ocean Road to fill the gap between 3 and 6 - in fact I think that carried on into the 90s.

On that note I think when the pubs started not closing at 3 it didn't half affect football crowds - I used to see loads decide to not bother with the match.

Mel & Kim

Colonel Abrahams

Luther Vandross

Swan Lager

Duran Duran videos

Hall & Oates "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)"

Run-D.M.C. "Walk This Way"

Jelly Shoes

Coloured pumps

Aramis (more like horse piss)

Mad Dog 20/20

Dime Bars

Blue Nun

Olde English Cider

Holsten Pils

Diamond White

Light of The World

18/30 holidays

Yamaha FS1E

Wasn't Joe Bloggs 1990? I associate them with Italia'90 and the Step On video.

Geordie Jeans then :lol:

White dog poo.

yeh, whatever happened to dogs diets that stopped that!

and ‘trendies’ always wearing white socks and the bouncers would never let them in with them on.

I got my dog a marrow bone from the butchers, his shit was white for 3 days afterwards!!

Blastaways - Castaway and Diamond white.

That was early 90's (for me).

Just guessing but they would have came out late 80s I think.

Blastaways - Castaway and Diamond white.

That was early 90's (for me).

Just guessing but they would have came out late 80s I think.

I don't doubt that, but this is about the first time a Berghaus wearing charver first created the heady cocktail. :lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Used to be £1 a bottle of Castaway and £1 a bottle of Diamond White in Circus Circus from 7 to 8 on a Sunday night. :lol: Things tended to go south from 8 o clock on. :huh:

Circus Circus pmsl "howay lets gan ti the ritzy".

Used to be £1 a bottle of Castaway and £1 a bottle of Diamond White in Circus Circus from 7 to 8 on a Sunday night. :lol: Things tended to go south from 8 o clock on. ;)

:huh: I worked in Bliss at the time man, I was used to mixing it with bamps.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Used to be £1 a bottle of Castaway and £1 a bottle of Diamond White in Circus Circus from 7 to 8 on a Sunday night. :lol: Things tended to go south from 8 o clock on. ;)

:huh: I worked in Bliss at the time man, I was used to mixing it with bamps.

WHERE was Bliss again next door to Yell?

Maceys was the best bar on the BM I thought. Robinson's oh dear. It was impossible to talk to anyone in there.