Harry Redknapp

Sima

Apparently Everton have only broken into "that top four" since The Premier League started.

If you get anywhere near matching our achievements in the Champions League I'll be very surprised.

Cockend.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The term 'Big Four' wasn't around when we were in the CL so technically it is only Spurs and Everton who've broken it.

Aye it was, under Robson?

To me, the term 'Big Four' has only been around since those four clubs finished in the top four in 2004 (at the earliest), the term hadn't been used before that so when we finished in the top four it wasn't a case of breaking the 'Big Four' (if any of that makes any sense).

When the Premier League began, the "big 5" around the table were ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton.

They were indestructable too, and would stay there forever, so we were told.

and Harry Redknapp is a cockney wanker who if he hadn't been a decent footballer would have been running a sunday market in the east end selling jellied eels or something.

Just like Ian Wright, Terry Venables etc

When the Premier League began, the "big 5" around the table were ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton.

They were indestructable too, and would stay there forever, so we were told.

I see the 'Big 5' as more of an 80s thing as that had sort of been broken up by the time the PL had started up. Leeds had won the league the year before and you had the likes of Villa, Sheff Wed and Norwich pushing for honours back then (early 90s).

and Harry Redknapp is a cockney wanker who if he hadn't been a decent footballer would have been running a sunday market in the east end selling jellied eels or something.

Just like Ian Wright, Terry Venables etc

the man speaks the truth - tho' I expect he'd actually be in the Scrubs for fencing some video kit

Redknapp's as dodgy as a three pound coin but I don't hate him and he's a decent manager. Good chance of being the next England boss too IMO.

it's def a job for an older more experienced manager. McLaren was too young and inexperienced for it.