Gazza reveals his regret over St James' exit

shackbleep

Less than two years later we were in the Premier League as well. Mental. I think that achievement is why I can't really consider anyone who has a pop at KK as being a proper fan tbh.

Everyone of them is a cunt, its all clueless younguns though to be fair, kids under 25 who frequent Newcastle Online, and people not from this area. That's not being patronising its a fuckin fact. What they'll never get is KK changed our club like not one other person on earth could, he gave us self belief, and confidence, he raised the stature of the club 10 fold in not even 2 years. You get some younger lads who understand all this because as entwined in the club as what we are, some of them though, their views come just short of deserving a slap imo.

ffs :jesuswept:

I dunno, I'm kind of with Stevie on this one. I'm not actually from the area (grew up on Co. Durham/N. Yorks border) but I was living in Newcastle 93-98.

One of the things I always tell people about is the buzz around the city during those Keegan years. I reckon if you're not from the area, or at least experienced that buzz then it's hard to appreciate the lift that Keegan gave to the whole area.

It's ridiculous to attribute everything that was good during that time with Keegan though and as I've already stated, I was like a kid again when he came back last time. Nobody in football can get me that excited about the game.

He came at the right time and had money to spend. The club had been taken over by people with ambition. It was a lot of things coming together, including the tidal wave of new money and interest that SKY brought with it.

Much as I love the Beatles, there's no one single thing or person that made them brilliant. Same with us in the early 90s.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Less than two years later we were in the Premier League as well. Mental. I think that achievement is why I can't really consider anyone who has a pop at KK as being a proper fan tbh.

Everyone of them is a cunt, its all clueless younguns though to be fair, kids under 25 who frequent Newcastle Online, and people not from this area. That's not being patronising its a fuckin fact. What they'll never get is KK changed our club like not one other person on earth could, he gave us self belief, and confidence, he raised the stature of the club 10 fold in not even 2 years. You get some younger lads who understand all this because as entwined in the club as what we are, some of them though, their views come just short of deserving a slap imo.

I dunno, I'm kind of with Stevie on this one. I'm not actually from the area (grew up on Co. Durham/N. Yorks border) but I was living in Newcastle 93-98.

One of the things I always tell people about is the buzz around the city during those Keegan years. I reckon if you're not from the area, or at least experienced that buzz then it's hard to appreciate the lift that Keegan gave to the whole area.

It's ridiculous to attribute everything that was good during that time with Keegan though and as I've already stated, I was like a kid again when he came back last time. Nobody in football can get me that excited about the game.

He came at the right time and had money to spend. The club had been taken over by people with ambition. It was a lot of things coming together, including the tidal wave of new money and interest that SKY brought with it.

Much as I love the Beatles, there's no one single thing or person that made them brilliant. Same with us in the early 90s.

Without Keegan it doesn't happen imo. We end up as a club with a respected support with the same stature as say Villa, in a box like stadium 34000 like Boro sponsored by AVEC and Errea. John Hall was a businessman nothing more, made millions from the club, I don't begrudge him it, but all he did was see an opportunity, people like FFS and JFF put the Commercial swing in to the club. Keegan was 90% of what happened, probably more.

Look at Fabregas, he was signed at 15, as the Arsenal even had scouts in the Spanish under 16 leagues. How much would it cost to employ even 20 scouts around the world? £2m a year max? It would be worth it. One £10m player would pay for it every 5 years. Fuck sake when you've spent £43m on Owen over 4 years, what's £2m?

Aye, so true, especially when you put it in those terms. I have it on good authority Alan Carr's fatha has a few contacts btw :jesuswept:

Without Keegan it doesn't happen imo. We end up as a club with a respected support with the same stature as say Villa, in a box like stadium 34000 like Boro sponsored by AVEC and Errea. John Hall was a businessman nothing more, made millions from the club, I don't begrudge him it, but all he did was see an opportunity, people like FFS and JFF put the Commercial swing in to the club. Keegan was 90% of what happened, probably more.

Exactly, without KK it may not have worked at all. We could easilly have been relegated to the old 3rd division in which case we'd be fucked, or another manager keeps us up but we never really go anywhere and John Hall et al lose interest or don't invest the money they should. After all KK threatened to walk to get money out of Hall in the beginning!

And as has been said if you lived in the city and grew up with the Keegan team, especially if you'd spent years watching the shite before it, there was a buzz throughout the city, football fans and everyone else along with them that has never been matched. And to be fair i don't think Stevie was saying anyone from outside the area was a cunt, just the ones who slate Keegan, same as everyone from the city who slates him is a cunt as well!

Exactly, without KK it may not have worked at all. We could easilly have been relegated to the old 3rd division in which case we'd be fucked, or another manager keeps us up but we never really go anywhere and John Hall et al lose interest or don't invest the money they should. After all KK threatened to walk to get money out of Hall in the beginning!

And as has been said if you lived in the city and grew up with the Keegan team, especially if you'd spent years watching the shite before it, there was a buzz throughout the city, football fans and everyone else along with them that has never been matched. And to be fair i don't think Stevie was saying anyone from outside the area was a cunt, just the ones who slate Keegan, same as everyone from the city who slates him is a cunt as well!

:icon_lol:

I'll grant you that, living anywhere but Newcastle upon Tyne one would not of been able to feel the buzz around the city but that's not what stevie said, is it?

Supporting Newcastle for such a long time vicariously through the print media and television, from so far away, it was still possible to pick up on what Keegan was doing to/for the club, how things where changing.

Just the level of exposure compared to pre-Keegan spoke volumes. But you're correct OOT supporters missed out on that buzz the city would have felt and there is no doubt more than just myself would be jealous of you.

How much would it cost to employ even 20 scouts around the world? £2m a year max? It would be worth it. One £10m player would pay for it every 5 years. Fuck sake when you've spent £43m on Owen over 4 years, what's £2m?

It wouldn't even cost that, a lot of scouts provide to numerous clubs taking payment only after placing a player at a club - the fact we relied on Paul Strefford and his merry bunch of twats was what hurt the club's scouting network.

Absolutely true Keegan was like a man posessed and he had total belief that Newcastle could and should be one of the best clubs in the country - he put his heart and soul into it which unfortunately ended up being too much.

Anyone who does not understand the impact ok KK is an utter, utter bell end

:icon_lol:

I think if you look at FFS and the board's appointments after Keegan, with the exception of SBR, it's obvious it would not have happened.

KK deserves all the accolades he gets from toon fans.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Absolutely true Keegan was like a man posessed and he had total belief that Newcastle could and should be one of the best clubs in the country - he put his heart and soul into it which unfortunately ended up being too much.

It might have been Alex who mentioned this, but about a year ago, a very large proportion of Newcastle Online were getting stuck in to Keegan in a very vicious way. Why does it attract such a volume of clueless twats???? If the local poster to outside ratio is 1:3 on here, has to be 1:6 on there and that's just the mods, and whether we like it or not these boards represent Newcastle United in some way.

It might have been Alex who mentioned this, but about a year ago, a very large proportion of Newcastle Online were getting stuck in to Keegan in a very vicious way. Why does it attract such a volume of clueless twats???? If the local poster to outside ratio is 1:3 on here, has to be 1:6 on there and that's just the mods, and whether we like it or not these boards represent Newcastle United in some way.

whats being a newcastle fan from newcastle or being a newcastle fan not from newcastle got to do with whether you appreciate keegan?

whats being a newcastle fan from newcastle or being a newcastle fan not from newcastle got to do with whether you appreciate keegan?

It doesn't really, but it did seem that a lot of the patter slagging Keegan off was from young foreign idiots who got their understanding of Keegan from reading papers and believing the Keegan the quitter quits again line that was being peddled.

Which is where Stevie is coming from. I mean I don't get annoyed about stuff I read on message boards, but some of the stuff completely dismissing Keegan from know nowt 20 year olds from fucking Sweden or Singapore was pretty infuriating.

ffs :icon_lol:

indeed.

:jesuswept:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

It doesn't really, but it did seem that a lot of the patter slagging Keegan off was from young foreign idiots who got their understanding of Keegan from reading papers and believing the Keegan the quitter quits again line that was being peddled.

Which is where Stevie is coming from. I mean I don't get annoyed about stuff I read on message boards, but some of the stuff completely dismissing Keegan from know nowt 20 year olds from fucking Sweden or Singapore was pretty infuriating.

Some from Leeds, Histon, fuckin Chester Le Street, Cramlington and fuckin South Shields iirc. I couldn't care less about what the foreign cunts think, but when it's people from the NE oh dear.

Some from Leeds, Histon, fuckin Chester Le Street, Cramlington and fuckin South Shields iirc. I couldn't care less about what the foreign cunts think, but when it's people from the NE oh dear.

I don't remember the opposition, u mite Stevie, but we beat them 2-0 it was early nineties and Steve Howey was a striker and scored both from crosses from Alan Thompson, I think Steve Watson got a game and that young cm from gateshead - Kevin Scott was captain and we were utter shite and doomed for relegation but that was a highlight of the season so far - if you didn't know the low point that we had reached and the inevitable abyss into which we were about to fall then you cannot appreciate the brilliance of Keegans managerial ability and Halls financial nouse.