Players you thought were shit and others thought were great

LeazesMag

Tino Arsprilla

I pretty much agree with that, never saw what all the fuss was about, scored fuck all and disrupted the continuity, Obviously he'll be remembered for the Barca game in which he was fantastic but apart from that I didn't see much from him.

And as regards the topic, I would by no means say that Habib Beye was shite, but everyone seemed to jizz all over his performances for us when I just saw him as another middle of the road full back.

I thought Beye was Fat Sams best buy for us and thought he done well while here.

And as regards the topic, I would by no means say that Habib Beye was shite, but everyone seemed to jizz all over his performances for us when I just saw him as another middle of the road full back.

We were so terrible that Beye was really a standout performer.

I thought Beye was Fat Sams best buy for us and thought he done well while here.

Beye and Enrique

Tino Arsprilla

I pretty much agree with that, never saw what all the fuss was about, scored fuck all and disrupted the continuity, Obviously he'll be remembered for the Barca game in which he was fantastic but apart from that I didn't see much from him.

Total myth that he cost us the league if that's what you're getting at. Didn't do it very often in the league (although West Ham and Man Utd at home were two notable exceptions in his first season / title run-in). Was class in Europe where he had more time on the ball. He would probably thrive now with the extra protection players get.

I hated kevin Scott. Just seemed marginally worse than Darren Peacock when we first signed him.

Pavel was a great servant and a half-decent shotstopper but my shite he couldn't handle crosses. Boxing day against blackburn was a major standout for me.

Pavel Srnicek.

Seeming assumed cult status for wearing the 'Pavel is a Geordie' t-shirt when we wer handed the 1st Division trophy and then couldn't put a foot wrong.

In reality he was fucking hopeless. A half-decent shot-stopper but that was it for me. Flapped like mad

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Pavel Srnicek.

Seeming assumed cult status for wearing the 'Pavel is a Geordie' t-shirt when we wer handed the 1st Division trophy and then couldn't put a foot wrong.

In reality he was fucking hopeless. A half-decent shot-stopper but that was it for me. Flapped like mad

He better as he got older. He was a disaster when he first arrived, and everyone called him Dracula cos he didn't like crosses.

Shot stopping he was very good, we'd have beaten Blackburn imo if he'd have been in.

Pavel Srnicek.

He better as he got older. He was a disaster when he first arrived, and everyone called him Dracula cos he didn't like crosses.

Shot stopping he was very good, we'd have beaten Blackburn imo if he'd have been in.

I don't reckon he got better at all. He was just better than the other options we had. I reckon if Shay at his best had happened during 95/96 and we had him, we may well have edged the title.

Pav was great on the deck / with his feet for a keeper. Used to love it when he dropped the shoulder instead of clearing the ball. He only did it when it was the right option though, i.e. when a player might have a chance of charging down a clearance. He didn't do it t showboat, as it were. Loved Pav although I'm under no illusions about his limitations.

Pavel Srnicek.

So, do you just copy others posts and claim as your own often? ;)

Tino Arsprilla

Total myth that he cost us the league if that's what you're getting at. Didn't do it very often in the league (although West Ham and Man Utd at home were two notable exceptions in his first season / title run-in). Was class in Europe where he had more time on the ball. He would probably thrive now with the extra protection players get.

Aye I was probably taken in a bit by that theory at the time, (was in my early teens then), it's not as though the extra firepower wasn't welcome I just thought Asprilla almost always flattered to deceive. Can barely ever remember him actually scoring apart from in european games.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I remember Tino ripping West Ham apart one night. 30 or 40 shots on goal, I think we had.

Aye 3-0 it could've been 20. He was shite in the league generally though imo, and wonderful in Europe.

I remember Tino ripping West Ham apart one night. 30 or 40 shots on goal, I think we had.

Aye 3-0 it could've been 20. He was shite in the league generally though imo, and wonderful in Europe.

Straight after the ManUtd 0-1 loss according to this old match report...

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Straight after the ManUtd 0-1 loss according to this old match report...

ALBERT scored an unbelievable team goal that night, finished like a striker.