twin peaks

Dr Gloom

i was a bit too young for this first time around so invested in it on dvd box set. bloody brilliant so far. anyone else a fan?

I vaguley remember it from being young and my parents always mentioned how good it was, so literally just downloaded the full set the other week, gonna start watching it agfter I get through all of the Sporanos

First series was brilliant, forget about the second.

yeah, i heard the film was rubbish too but i always wanted to wait to judge until i'd seen the series all the way through.

the one thing i like about it is it's more blue velvet than lost highway. loving the creepy soundtrack and dreamlike cinematography. the pilot actually felt like a feature film.

Time for you to see Eraserhead and Wild At Heart as well then.

Don't waste your time on Boxing Helena.

seen them both. eraserhead while taking magic mushrooms at university. watched it a second time sobre, still didn't get it

Disagree to some extent - there was a "let's see how daft we can get" approach to the second but I found that a postive thing.

Maybe wouldn't stand up in hindsight but I remember finding Bob very disturbing.

Yeah I loved the first series then it fell apart. It gave us the lass with the dark hair and the eyebrows whose name I can't remember though.

Do you mean Shelly? Had such a crush on her.

Edit: no, you don't. ;)

Edited by Renton

I thought the film was quite good, but that's it. Like most others I thought the first series was great, then it went to shit. Some top notch totty too.

Edited by alex

Fire Walk With Me is excellent, probably one of Lynch's best, just that a lot of people can't get over it being very different to the TV Series.

Wasn't keen on the fact that Laura Palmer looked at least 30, but decent enough film.

At the time there was a bloke at my local who was the spit of Bob, used to freak me out. He was a bit confused as to why everyone called him 'Fire walk with me'.

Fire Walk With Me is excellent, probably one of Lynch's best, just that a lot of people can't get over it being very different to the TV Series.

Wasn't keen on the fact that Laura Palmer looked at least 30, but decent enough film.

At the time there was a bloke at my local who was the spit of Bob, used to freak me out. He was a bit confused as to why everyone called him 'Fire walk with me'.

Remember that time you turned up at the Trent in a crushed velvet suit walking all spastic and talking backwards? Fucking oddball.

I think I was playing hockey the nights this was originally on here in the States. I had a close friend who was way into at the time though, so when I moved to Austin in '96 and happened across a VHS box set of the entire series at a movie store, I snatched it up.

Three days later, I'd gotten through the 30-ish hours of damn fine coffee, pie, backward talking midgets, treacherous Canadians, and a dragged-up Duchovny, mind sufficiently blown. Great stuff. Still my all-time favorite TV series.

FWIW, I liked Fire Walk With Me too. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Have any of you run across a copy of Laura's diary or the Diane tapes? There was a torrent of the Diane tapes floating around for awhile...

mea

Quite scary as well. ;) I really liked it, but now prefer Mullholland Drive which is a real puzzle and melange of themes and kooky in just enough measure.

mea

Quite scary as well. ;) I really liked it, but now prefer Mullholland Drive which is a real puzzle and melange of themes and kooky in just enough measure.

Well, that and Naomi Watts furiously masturbating. :icon_lol:

mea

Well, that and Naomi Watts furiously masturbating. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

It;s a real shame Lynch has trouble getting decent funding these days.