NUST meltdown

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I've been away from TT for the past couple of weeks (grafting) and have just read Bill's resignation letter. A damning endicement of the current commitee running NUST. I hope they're thoroughly embarrassed and disgusted in themselves for driving away the main driver of the initial NUSC. From arranging Irish Centre (Free of charge, I believe), walking the mike etc etc fucking etc, to now feeling his position is no longer tenable makes me fucking sick.

Not meaning to sound in the slightest way smug (I'm gutted how things have *progressed*), but I predicted splits in opinion and the likelyhood of a true commitee member resigning. Shame it wasn't the chair tending his resignation.

(I'm not even arsed that all my mates were/are laughing at me now for making the journey to Irish Club on them thursday nights - I'm more concerned that the NUSC has died on it's back eye).

In terms of breakaway groups, I'd be interested - possibly join - But I don't know if I'll EVER buy into far flung ideas again which were sold to me by the NUST.

Sack the Board! Boycoutt! We need a breakaway group! I'm writing on me ma's bedsheets! .. Actually, I'm just going to pipe down and accept whatever happens. At least I'll save my tenner. Oh no, I can't I already renewed. I'll quietly step back into line and do as I'm told.

Does anyone know why I can't access the NUST message board? It's not let me 'Vent my Spllen' for a while now. Perhaps, that's a good thing though.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away from TT for the past couple of weeks (grafting) and have just read Bill's resignation letter. A damning endicement of the current commitee running NUST. I hope they're thoroughly embarrassed and disgusted in themselves for driving away the main driver of the initial NUSC. From arranging Irish Centre (Free of charge, I believe), walking the mike etc etc fucking etc, to now feeling his position is no longer tenable makes me fucking sick.

Not meaning to sound in the slightest way smug (I'm gutted how things have *progressed*), but I predicted splits in opinion and the likelyhood of a true commitee member resigning. Shame it wasn't the chair tending his resignation.

(I'm not even arsed that all my mates were/are laughing at me now for making the journey to Irish Club on them thursday nights - I'm more concerned that the NUSC has died on it's back eye).

In terms of breakaway groups, I'd be interested - possibly join - But I don't know if I'll EVER buy into far flung ideas again which were sold to me by the NUST.

Sack the Board! Boycoutt! We need a breakaway group! I'm writing on me ma's bedsheets! .. Actually, I'm just going to pipe down and accept whatever happens. At least I'll save my tenner. Oh no, I can't I already renewed. I'll quietly step back into line and do as I'm told.

Does anyone know why I can't access the NUST message board? It's not let me 'Vent my Spllen' for a while now. Perhaps, that's a good thing though.

It's been down for 'maintenance' since Bill posted his resignation statement up there and a handful of people had replied agreeing with him that the trust had lost its way.

It's been down for 'maintenance' since Bill posted his resignation statement up there and a handful of people had replied agreeing with him that the trust had lost its way.

Millenium bug, perhaps. :razz:

Millenium bug, perhaps. :D

They will likely have to do a rollback and the last few posts will have disappeared :razz:

Mac-Toon its a farce, totally and utterly.

As soon as we started to debate the stuff in Bills letter the forum came down. There are other ways though to make yourself heard, theres the facebook group and twitter. It needs what few members there are left (and most people I know of havent renewed) to make themselves heard, more importantly we need to ensure that every member who can do, turns up when we manage to arrange an Emergency General Meeting or the AGM whichever is first.

Theres a lot more shit still to come out and I think another couple of resignations are on the cards too. Trouble is they are the good ones from the board.

I still need more membership numbers of people who have not renewed as I have an appointment tomorrow to view the members register and I want to do some random checks to make sure theyve not included non-members to boost numbers as this is what will be used to decide how many we need to force an EGM.

There shouldnt be talk of a breakaway group though, the whole idea of the NUSC was to bring numerous individual groups, factions, fanzines etc together and provide one united voice. This group has to be brought back down to earth, sorted out and the original aims brought back to the fore.

Mac-Toon its a farce, totally and utterly.

As soon as we started to debate the stuff in Bills letter the forum came down. There are other ways though to make yourself heard, theres the facebook group and twitter. It needs what few members there are left (and most people I know of havent renewed) to make themselves heard, more importantly we need to ensure that every member who can do, turns up when we manage to arrange an Emergency General Meeting or the AGM whichever is first.

Theres a lot more shit still to come out and I think another couple of resignations are on the cards too. Trouble is they are the good ones from the board.

I still need more membership numbers of people who have not renewed as I have an appointment tomorrow to view the members register and I want to do some random checks to make sure theyve not included non-members to boost numbers as this is what will be used to decide how many we need to force an EGM.

There shouldnt be talk of a breakaway group though, the whole idea of the NUSC was to bring numerous individual groups, factions, fanzines etc together and provide one united voice. This group has to be brought back down to earth, sorted out and the original aims brought back to the fore.

I've made a post this morning on the facebook page. I'll speak to a few people I know this morning who haven't renewed and try and obtain their old membership numbers. If the figure you're given is 4 digits long I'd treat it with suspision to be honest, mate.

You're bang on about the other "potential resignations" being the good ones from the board and that's the main problem. One bad taity spoils the bag.

Allegedly although I had a meeting with the secretary this morning who wasnt aware of the fact however it wouldnt be the first time an NUST secretary had been kept out of the loop tbf

I inspected the members register today and although I have a few reservations which need to be addressed I can confirm that my original worry is unfounded. All of the ex-members I checked were correctly showing as closed.

The numbers however are definitely hard to believe.

Approximately 1500 allegedly but my belief was that a membership year ran from Oct 1st - Sept 30th rather than having a rolling membership. Im sure the set year was something I disagreed with at the time but was outvoted. :razz:

It would appear though that Im either wrong in that memory or we've changed things. Anyone remember what was said when you signed up?

Approximately 1500 allegedly but my belief was that a membership year ran from Oct 1st - Sept 30th rather than having a rolling membership. Im sure the set year was something I disagreed with at the time but was outvoted. :razz:

It would appear though that Im either wrong in that memory or we've changed things. Anyone remember what was said when you signed up?

I don’t recall anything being said, but my membership was rolling.

Well another committee member has resigned, this time its the Interim chair Neil Mitchell, again another person who gave a hell of a lot to the organisation and fought to have the members more involved and now feels he has no other option but to highlight the issue by walking.

So thats two gone, whos next then? :razz:

Well another committee member has resigned, this time its the Interim chair Neil Mitchell, again another person who gave a hell of a lot to the organisation and fought to have the members more involved and now feels he has no other option but to highlight the issue by walking.

Surely they must see its imploding? If another group started no one would invest or trust it. For me the only way is to replace the current lot who are meant to be running it and start over trying to regain support. Much harder second time around if it wasnt hard enough. The single biggest thing that must be done is asking fans what they want.

Surely they must see its imploding? If another group started no one would invest or trust it. For me the only way is to replace the current lot who are meant to be running it and start over trying to regain support. Much harder second time around if it wasnt hard enough. The single biggest thing that must be done is asking fans what they want.

That'd be the obvious way to run a collective voice supporters trust, you'd think. I beg everyone to renew their membership as it's the only way to be able to have any kind of say when the AGM or members meeting eventually happens.

what did my tenner go towards again lol

Board maintenance.

You'll know better than me on this Ant, what the going rate per hour for a Software expert to carry out essential maintenance? £40? £50? 8 hours a day for a week

Someones going somewhere nice for their hols then at this rate.

Could be worse like. Imagine if they had bought the club? :razz:

:D

In seriousness though, what if they actually did come through now with a fantastic workable plan to buy it? Nobody would trust their money into it based on whats been going on which would be a shame because I know that aside from all the crap theres been some hard work put into plans to buy in (however unfeasible or unlikely it is that we'd ever get the chance).

Should have bought a bar tbh :rip:

What get's me aswell with the forum being down is they still update their facebook page with meaningless shite about Plymouth Argyle and the like. Now, all due respect to Plymouth, I feel for them, but with the current situation with the Trust, I'd have thought they'd at least attempt some damage limitation with a statement about Bill and Neil's resignations, etc. I know if I was on the committee (heaven forbid) that'd be my main focus to communicate the message to the supporters.

Maybe they've done a media blackout, ala Mike Ashley? That'd explain things !!! :razz: