NUST meltdown

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

What get's me aswell with the forum being down is they still update their facebook page with meaningless shite about Plymouth Argyle and the like. Now, all due respect to Plymouth, I feel for them, but with the current situation with the Trust, I'd have thought they'd at least attempt some damage limitation with a statement about Bill and Neil's resignations, etc. I know if I was on the committee (heaven forbid) that'd be my main focus to communicate the message to the supporters.

Maybe they've done a media blackout, ala Mike Ashley? That'd explain things !!! :razz:

Its irony in the extreme that a group which originally argued rightly against the lack of comms from the club should become a parody of the thing it set out to fight.

There was a scheduled committee meeting last night, good to see that this was obviously top of the agenda and communications were sorted. :D

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse like. Imagine if they had bought the club? ;)

:)

In seriousness though, what if they actually did come through now with a fantastic workable plan to buy it? Nobody would trust their money into it based on whats been going on which would be a shame because I know that aside from all the crap theres been some hard work put into plans to buy in (however unfeasible or unlikely it is that we'd ever get the chance).

Should have bought a bar tbh :)

Only way back from all this tbf. ;)

I've made a post this morning on the facebook page. I'll speak to a few people I know this morning who haven't renewed and try and obtain their old membership numbers. If the figure you're given is 4 digits long I'd treat it with suspision to be honest, mate.

You're bang on about the other "potential resignations" being the good ones from the board and that's the main problem. One bad taity spoils the bag.

Your posts have been deleted now along with Toms, mine and anyone else who dared to question things. ;)

And so the farce goes on.

As well as the two members resigning we have a third who has been suspended for the last month due to a "disciplinary matter".

Maybe someone from the committee would like to come on and explain the reasons behind that suspension, Im assuming its something hefty and vitally important to the running of the Trust and not for something daft such as questioning the chairman or owt.

I mean that would be bonkers wouldnt it?

Board Members Bill Corcoran and Neil Mitchell have announced that they are stepping down from their position on the Trust Board. Whilst the Board are disappointed that Bill chose to announce his resignation on the Trust forum, and indeed take issue with much of the statement, we would like to thank both Bill and Neil for their contribution to the Trust and wish them all the best for the future.

well its a start like. Its acknowledged theyve gone but arent saying which bits its take issue with.

Ahhh the new media/ press team

Board Members Bill Corcoran and Neil Mitchell have announced that they are stepping down from their position on the Trust Board. Whilst the Board are disappointed that Bill chose to announce his resignation on the Trust forum, and indeed take issue with much of the statement, we would like to thank both Bill and Neil for their contribution to the Trust and wish them all the best for the future.

well its a start like. Its acknowledged theyve gone but arent saying which bits its take issue with.

but surely that hasn't been amended already? hmmm ;)

but surely that hasn't been amended already? hmmm :)

;)

Board Members Bill Corcoran and Neil Mitchell have announced that they are stepping down from their position on the Trust Board. The Board would like to thank both Bill and Neil for their contribution to the Trust and wish them all the best for the future.

Yet another great result from Jensen :)

Yet again a decent committee member feels that they have to resign.

Like Bill, Neil has put a lot of his time into the trust and was involved to genuinely create a trust that represents and listens to it's members.

For me it says a lot that two committee members have felt the need to resign. The committee has a lot of questions to answer, and I feel as though they are failing the members.

Yet again a decent committee member feels that they have to resign.

Like Bill, Neil has put a lot of his time into the trust and was involved to genuinely create a trust that represents and listens to it's members.

For me it says a lot that two committee members have felt the need to resign. The committee has a lot of questions to answer, and I feel as though they are failing the members.

If two of the cttee have resigned, citing lack of communication as the main driver then what fucking chance have us mere mortals got in finding out what the plans are? The chair should realise how bad things are given the fact Bill posted his resignation on the forum - That speaks volumes to me.

I've demanded to speak to the nufctrust twitter operator's supervisor this morning. No response as yet.

No response to my demands to speak to Jensen either.

Did anyone notice a couple of posts made on their facebook page just after the WC 2018 results were released? There were 2 in a short space of time saying "Fuck Russia the Corrupt C*nts" or something along those lines.

Not that I was shocked at the language, it was more shock at seeing an opinion coming from the trust.

I've demanded to speak to the nufctrust twitter operator's supervisor this morning. No response as yet.

I was knocking them a bit on Twitter today as well. Going on about Plymouth etc? No disrespect to Plymouth but I couldnt really give a shite and am more interested in why NUST have become a parody of the club they were protesting against.

I was knocking them a bit on Twitter today as well. Going on about Plymouth etc? No disrespect to Plymouth but I couldnt really give a shite and am more interested in why NUST have become a parody of the club they were protesting against.

I know - BREAKING NEWS: Plymouth Argyle players not getting paid. Yeah, and?

There's a canny discussion on one of their facebook posts. According to the Trust website a Special members meeting must be arranged within 28 days if 20 members of 10% of the membership base request this. (Whichever is higher). So, that's about 150 people we'll need I'd believe.

Excellent post from someone on the forum

I echo Malcolm's comments regarding Bill and Steve (I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Neil yet) - both have attended independent NUFC Fans' Events over the past six months and have displayed a passion for fan engagement. I would also like to publicly thank Bill and Neil for their best efforts and for being aware of how a Trust should conduct themselves.

Unfortunately, as Bill rightly points out in his resignation statement, the failure NUST to communicate with their members is a failure. I cannot believe that an organisation will not engage with their members.

When I have discussed the secretive approach of NUST with other fans' organisations they reply in utter disbelief at the lack of engagement. The fans of SV Austria Salzburg and FC United of Manchester would have voted this board out by now and re-elected one that truly displays that they have the interests of their members first.

On the NUST's Facebook page I responded to the news of Bill and Neil's resignation with the following statement:

"Interesting to note that the original message from NUST on this post (their Facebook post) has been amended to remove any reference to being "disappointed" in the manner that Bill chose to announce his resignation and to "take issue with much of the statement". Another example of the poor communications that Bill mentions in his resignation post and that has become synonymous with this current board.

I am a firm believer in fan ownership and have spent this year travelling around and meeting with fan owned clubs (I have comprehensive articles available online detailing meetings with SV Austria Salzburg and FC United amongst other teams) and a number of fans' group in Germany (who have the 50 plus one rule in place to ensure that fans have a say). I am aware of how fans' groups can be successful and how ambitions have been achieved in the past. Due to this knowledge I believe I can state that the actions of NUST this year has been nothing short of a disgrace and completely out of step with the aims and ambitions of any legitimate Supporters Trust. The board is here to serve the members and to engage with fans, whether they are members or not. Due to reasons not yet made public the board have failed to do so despite the efforts of a small number of those elected to do so (engagement with fans and members has been carried out by Steve and Bill through their attendance at NUFC Fans' Events).

The sad thing with NUST is that it created a buzz despite opposition from within our own fanbase and they have committed suicide by being completely inept. The actions of certain board members, and largely the chair of the board who by holding that position has to take responsibility, has ensured that we have so very few members that it ceases to be a going concern. Those who doubted the reasons behind NUST have been proved correct. We have told Ashley in the past to go. Unfortunately the actions of a number of board members have ensured that if Ashley does go then the fans will not have representation within the club. We have a splintered fanbase and NUST, under its current leadership, has made that even worse and has set back the fan ownership movement in Newcastle by years."

I also released this statement to a wider audience - one reply from an ex-member (I believe we have a very large number in that category) was simple: "how can you be a supporters' trust if nobody TRUSTS you?"