Martin Jol............

jamie_gordon

i heard that Martin Jol will be at SJP next season a few weeks ago from a friend but did not take mutch notice but i heard it again at half time at SJP saturday!

anyone else heard this?

Aye, sacked off the Ajax game to come and watch us on Saturday.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
i heard that Martin Jol will be at SJP next season a few weeks ago from a friend but did not take mutch notice but i heard it again at half time at SJP saturday!

anyone else heard this?

Hope that's true, I mean he was willing to swap Ajax for Fulham so he'd definitely come here. I love Martin Jol the manager, not the poster on NO though.

anyone else heard this?

Hope that's true, I mean he was willing to swap Ajax for Fulham so he'd definitely come here. I love Martin Jol the manager, not the poster on NO though.

Used Fulham as a massive bargaining chip.

I always liked him as a manager, not sure anyone would want to come to us with the current financial situation though. Can't see the point in getting rid of Chris either.

and he would never give up his job now like, No matter what people say about him not having balls. Think he might resign though like Strachan if things really did not go well..

Didn't we give the job to Roeder after Jol had been interviewed for it? Brilliant decision that was.

Redknapp almost had the job before spurs aswell didn't he.. ashley fucked it up but.

Didn't we give the job to Roeder after Jol had been interviewed for it? Brilliant decision that was.

Redknapp almost had the job before spurs aswell didn't he.. ashley fucked it up but.

Tbf part of the interview was a dance off.

Redknapp was never offered our job.

We enquired about Redknapp's availability and got told to fuck off. Pompey first leaked the enquiry to the press and then bizarrely shoved him before the cameras to say that he'd turned us down. He was never even fucking offered it! :)

And that's an ITK from someone who worked at Fratton Park at the time - reckons he had it on good authority that Portsmouth used the whole episode as a massive PR exercise to lever both Storrie and Redknapp to bigger god-like status.

Didn't Chris Mort and Redknapp both confirm they had actually had a meeting, and then when Redknapp turned us down (as even he could see Ashley wasn't going to finance a multi million pound player spending spree as long as he had a hole in his arse) Mort said he wasnt offered the job?...because if you're not going to bother to do due dilligence and then sack a manager in the middle of a tranfer window with no successor lined up, are you actually going to meet a top manager (whatever folks may say, Redknapp has ability as a manager) with a vacant posistion available and take your time in your deliberations?... :)

Edited by PaddockLad