Landon Donovan

henda11

I was just reading about LD and how he wants to come back to the premier league in january, and i know its probably most likely to be with everton, but do you think it would be worth getting in there and trying to persuade him to join us on loan?, i think he would do a decent job for us.

Looked good for Everton, but doubt he would go anywhere else tbh.

I do still think it would be worth a look, also Elmader seems to be wanting to leave bolton for the price of 3m

£3m? He cost Bolton a lot more than that.

he looked good for everton last year. not sure he'd get in the current side when ben arfa is back and fit but he'd be a good option coming off the bench and we do need the numbers.

donovan's a shoe in as a right sided forward for any team, he played really well for everton last year. i think he'll be there this season as well sadly. Elmander doesn't seem a bad player, now that Owen Coyle's got bolton playing football.

Looked good for Everton, but doubt he would go anywhere else tbh.

I do still think it would be worth a look, also Elmader seems to be wanting to leave bolton for the price of 3m

£3m? He cost Bolton a lot more than that.

He's also wank

Yes Donovan will only re-sign for Everton... he still follows the clubs and regularly tweets about them on Twitter.

Also he wouldn't get in the Toon team? He'd walk in to about 90% of the teams in the premier league!!!

I can categorically state he would walk into our side. far better player than routledge ( who is the nearest thing we have to a premiership right winger).

Thing is, who says a right-winger is even necessary (sorry Leazes)? Just as Bolton carved out the 4-5-1 that became gospel for a few seasons, there's no reason we should tinker with our seemingly lop-sided formation as long as it's working for us with the players concerned. Of course it's not a long-term strategy, but nobody wanted that this season anyway.