How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

It's not for me like but I'm thinking of buying somebody one of those Fitbit things as a present.

Are they actually any good? Are they all pretty similar, or should I be looking for a particular type?

They range in price and will do more the more you pay for them. I think the top end ones do heart rate, GPS etc, whilst the lower end ones will just do footsteps.

So I think it depends how much you want to pay. I think they're probably quite useful if nothing else than to shame someone into moving around a bit.

I got weighed yesterday and escaped with only a 1lb gain since 18 December, which is ridiculous given the amount I've eaten and drank and how little I've exercised.

Judging by how quickly the chocolates which someone brought into the office have disappeared, I don't think anyone I work with is even pretending to go on a January diet this year.

The worst thing about throwing yourself back into rigorous training after a prolonged slobfest is the niggling injuries. Just wrenched my shoulder today trying to bust out too many pull-ups, now I can't move my neck more than about 45 degrees. Annoying

Fuck! No use to you now but get into yoga when you get back. It'll make a huge difference to the strength and flexibility of your lower back.

I've started doing it in the last couple of months and I'm 100% gangsta so you know it's not for wimps. It's actually fucking NAILS.

Fuck! No use to you now but get into yoga when you get back. It'll make a huge difference to the strength and flexibility of your lower back.

I've started doing it in the last couple of months and I'm 100% gangsta so you know it's not for wimps. It's actually fucking NAILS.

yeah, my mrs keeps saying i should get into it. i do fancy it but in a busy working week i think i'd see it as a bit of a luxury. if i get to the gym say three or four lunchtimes a week, i want to do something that's going to bust a sweat and get the heart rate going. does yoga ever really do that?

Aye definitely. There's a programme called The Ultimate Yogi which is what I'm doing. It's 108 consecutive days and it's legit nails.

Have a Google of it. It has its own website, but it's available on torrents too. Gets progressively harder as you go through but it starts out plenty hard.

Wait..........

not yet..........

it's coming..........

:spit:

(It would probably be good for my back but the promo video and background music etc, ffs). :D

:lol: Ah his patter is both horrific and hilarious but the fanny and the workout you get is class.

There's a couple of videos on there that are just long periods of staying in one stretch pose for up to 5 minutes. The difference it makes to your flexibility over time (and therefore to things like bad backs) is mental. There's one position in particular that he mentions as "if you've got family members or friends with bad back pain, prescribe them this stretch 5 minutes every day, and they'll soon find that they no longer have back pain."

Get on it man, we'll start our own toontastic yoga dojo.

I haven't started that yet like but I do the DDP Yoga because of my back.

Definitely helps like and you do get a decent workout.

Must be a Yoga teacher thing as DDP is a complete and utter creep in it like.

I've fancied trying yoga for a while but I know I'll be bloody awful at it. My core strength is really bad though and needs a lot of work.

The scales politely suggested I'm 23.6% body fat today, which is rather generous of them. I've definitely gained more fat in the last few months through a worse diet and more alcohol but I weigh the same and my clothes all still fit so it's not the end of the world, I just need to be a bit more strict. Once I've eaten the shedloads of chocolate I got for Christmas, that is.

So far the only people here doing/thinking about doing yoga are women, or people who are too crippled to do what they weren't manly enough for.

Just saying ;)

i'm away to play football in the snow, icey wind and shorts,

<NAILS

Playing football at your age is undignified. The dream is over, hang up your boots.

So far the only people here doing/thinking about doing yoga are women, or people who are too crippled to do what they weren't manly enough for.

Just saying ;)

i'm away to play football in the snow, icey wind and shorts,

<NAILS

The good players have already had their fun and called it a day by your age. It's only the kids who never got picked who make hay when the cream retire.

Just absolutely crushed the yoga cardio video while Ant's running around in a freezing field getting himself in a tizzy about scorelines. SHAVASANA.

Only you could spin stretching in a leotard into being 'nails'. Oooh i could crush that yoga video....