How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Right. This is my last day at work before a wedding in Edinburgh this weekend, followed by a week in the Eurovision press centre in Vienna with infinite free cake then a week on holiday with the boys in Fuengirola, so I'm going to be a total lass about this (#sorrynotsorry) and post my current weight in here - just under 78kg - in the hope that it'll subsequently shame me into tackling the tons I'll be putting back on in the meantime. :lol::blush2:

I swear I used to have fun, nowadays it's just the occasional Tangfastics blowout. :unsure:

Did you stick at running?

Did you stick at running?

Among other things, yep. Do Parkrun (5k) most Saturdays and a couple of gym sessions during the week. Was knocking out 10k runs semi-regularly around the turn of the year but I've lost the motivation recently, and it's harder to fuel for longer runs when you're also calorie-counting, but I might try getting back into it over the summer. There's distinct peer pressure on me to sign up for a half-marathon or longer, so... :unsure:

16st11 heaviest I've ever been, nowt I can do neither until my chemo ends in December, not allowed to train, and they're pleased I'm putting weight on rather than losing it. 90% of people lose weight on this chemo a lot of the time dangerours amounts, not me it makes me even hungrier with no running or gym work allowed. I'm a right fat cunt.

Edited by McFaul

• 4 weeks later...

May has taken the aforementioned toll on me as expected, and I'm currently hovering back around the 80kg mark. Not bad all things considered, and I hit my first ever sub-25-minute 5k in Edinburgh on the 9th before the excess began :gettin:, but I want to push on over the summer and actually get sustainably into the mid-70s for the first time ever. Which will probably mean not buying bag after bag of Maoam Pinballs from Family Bargains. Life is unfair.

May has taken the aforementioned toll on me as expected, and I'm currently hovering back around the 80kg mark. Not bad all things considered, and I hit my first ever sub-25-minute 5k in Edinburgh on the 9th before the excess began :gettin:, but I want to push on over the summer and actually get sustainably into the mid-70s for the first time ever. Which will probably mean not buying bag after bag of Maoam Pinballs from Family Bargains. Life is unfair.

You should be very proud of yourself with that running carry on. Must only be a year or so since you started.

since january i have been eating well, training hard 3-4 times a week and have cut booze and junk food to just weekends. stats are as follows:

still 6ft2

88kg

12% bf

Edited by Dr Gloom

since january i have been eating well, training hard 3-4 times a week and have cut booze and junk food to just weekends. stats are as follows:

still 6ft2

88kg

12% bf

I was 91kgs at the same height two years ago, and was nearly too skinny. 105 today with this pish I'm going through.

Edited by McFaul

91kg is a good weight for 6ft2 if you're carrying enough muscle mass.

i could lose another couple of per cent body fat to be completely ripped, but for the effort i'm prepared to put in, i quite like where i am right now. i'll be happy to run around with my top off at the beach in a couple of weeks, put it that way, despite my milk-bottle skin tone.

if i drop much more my face starts to look gaunt. some people can carry off really low body fat (below 10%), but they tend to be on steroids. i carry fat on my face, so look a bit skeletal if i cut too much.

Went for a run on Tuesday, having cycled pretty much exclusively for a while now. Got up this morning and my legs were fucked so thought I'd go for another run to see if it loosened them up. Well it didn't. I look like a calf trying to get downstairs, and every time I get up from my desk at work, the first 100 yards is like Kevin Spacey at the end of Usual Suspects (spoiler alert). If this is worse again tomorrow, I may need to call in paralysed.