How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Anyone heard of Mark Lauren? He used to train US special forces and basically believes gyms are for fannies. I came across his book, which led me to his app, which have 10 week workout programmes based on basic bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats, pull-ups with variations to make them easier or harder - e.g push-ups go from hands chest height to waist height to knee height to classic to feet elevated, one armed, then "planche" (feet totally off the ground!). I'd got pretty flabby after nearly a year of no exercise and eating shit, but I'm about 6 weeks into the basic programme and already looking a trim as I was 12 months ago. The workouts only take 30 mins and you can do them all at home with basically no kit, no wasting time or money at gyms. The app is only 2 quid!

Haven't ran for a few weeks so went on today but got off after 15 mins when there started to smell smoke. It was acrid, think the motor or fuse was starting to go. I've worn it out! If this happens to you, CT, unplug it immediately and check for flames. :good:

Haven't ran for a few weeks so went on today but got off after 15 mins when there started to smell smoke. It was acrid, think the motor or fuse was starting to go. I've worn it out! If this happens to you, CT, unplug it immediately and check for flames. :good:

I pound the streets. The only smoke out there are hot chicks screeching the breaks on trying to get a closer look at my chiseled bod.

I pound the streets. The only smoke out there are hot chicks screeching the breaks on trying to get a closer look at my chiseled bod.

:lol:

I mix the treadmill with outdoor running. Usually run past the Toon's training ground but the players must be getting a complex when they see a proper footballer running past them.

Whoever invented spinning wants shooting. Stairs are a problem.

:lol: i love spinning. great way to burn off the excess of a weekend on a monday. try the rpm version of spinning if they do it at your gym. it's ridiculously tough high intensity intervals.

the nice thing about it though is you can take it at your own pace and slow down a bit to catch a breath when you're struggling without anyone else really noticing.

Edited by Dr Gloom

try the rpm version of spinning if they do it at your gym. it's ridiculously tough high intensity

Ha! I'd die. First class ever and my legs now won't do as I tell them. Tomorrow's going to be fun..

I subscribe to the magazine version of Runner's World. I feel like a real fraud because I only ever read it when I'm using the crosstrainer at the gym (which is usually as a result of actively avoiding running). :lol:

Bouncing around the 88s at the moment, probably not helped by having zero motivation for weights etc. for some reason (a month or two back I was well into it). Shaved a bit more off my Parkrun PB this morning though, so the trend is a decent one. I just wish it would actually become fun at some point. :lol:

I'm in suit and tie, it's not a good look on a Sunday. Was in meetings at 8am this morning too, so much for a day of rest.

Going to try and find a park to run around later on but am staying near the airport in Madrid so it's all motorways and business parks.

So that run went well. Managed to get lost in this massive park, so took my phone out, put data roaming on so I could look at the map. Didn't bother putting it away again so had it in my hand. Running back along a thin pathway next to a dual carriage way, I tripped and did a proper comedy will-he-won't-he fall over ,oh-yes he will (must have done 10 metres in stumble mode) and eventually fell. Of course I tried to not slam my phone into the deck on falling so twisted my hand round and scrapped that along the deck taking all the skin off my knuckle. Realized I was then going to face plant and used my chest as a break as I skidded towards oncoming traffic. As I'd done about 10km I was all dizzy and light headed, couldn't walk until some Spanish bloke who'd seem the comedy scene unfold from his kitchen window came out to offer sympathy and a glass of water.

Feel free to take the piss.