Ello my old mates!

Toonraider

Blimey I've not been on here since June :pullhair:

How are you all? Any news? Gossip? Scandal? :)

Unfortunately I've been ill since the beginning of July :icon_lol: But the last couple weeks or so I've been up and about again and back online. I have missed the laughs on here! :o

Blimey I've not been on here since June :pullhair:

How are you all? Any news? Gossip? Scandal? :)

Unfortunately I've been ill since the beginning of July :o But the last couple weeks or so I've been up and about again and back online. I have missed the laughs on here! :o

Alreet!

I remember you saying you were ill, you on the mend now?

Nice to see you can get back on here anyway! :icon_lol:

TR!

We had a thread earlier this week about posters who'd gone off radar in the last six months: your good self, Snakehips, Andrew and a couple of others seemed to have disappeared. I bet Snakey makes a rapid re-appearance now you're back on the scene :pullhair:

Hope you're feeling better anyway pet.

Thanks everyone! Aw I have missed you all. I've been so ill, its been a rotten time.

It began 1st July, I had a routine carpal tunnel op at my local hospital's Day Surgery unit. I had local anaesthetic so it was fine. I got up in the night to take some painkillers, immediately I felt hot and sick and fainted. Im not sure how long I'd lain on the kitchen floor but when I came around I got up quick and ran into hubby. I laid on the bed and he got up to get my a bowl as I felt so sick, when he came back I was having a full on seizure. Scared hubby to hell! From there on my troubles started :icon_lol:

I was taken to hospital, my BP was very low 90/40. Each time they tried to stand me up I nearly fainted. So after some tests they presumed that because I'd got up qucikly after the faint that my BP had dropped so low as to cause the fit. A chest Xray showed something on my lung but the doc wasnt too concerned about that.

Anyway I was sent home the next day, but I wasnt well, I was light headed and my BP went up and down. Each morning I woke up nauseous with my nose blocked and a vile taste in my mouth. Then I started having palpitations and generelly felt weak. Every since the fit I have felt an inner tremor in my stomach and down my legs (hard to describe) not painful but unpleasant. I had a few more trips to hospital, the next chest Xray showed the lung infection had worsened, I had Pneumonia. (I probably aspirated during the seizure, sucking in mucus into the lung) There followed lots of antibiotics which made my other symptoms worse. They meds were changed again. All the time I got really weak and could barely walk! I couldnt stand being alone those first few weeks as I felt I was going to faint all the time. I had countless blood tests but they all came back fine. I've had 3 ECG's and a 48 hour heart monitor too, though by that time the palpitations had all but stopped.

I saw a consultant who told me my chest was now clear and I should start to feel better. But I still had all the stomach probs. I started to get pain between the shoulder blades which after ruling out pleurisy, my doc thought might be due to the antibiotics irritating my esophagus. I started to get other unpleasant symptoms down below which I wont go into on here! But after lots of tests they found out I had pelvic inflammatory disease. God I couldnt believe it all!! That meant more antibiotics, different ones this time, two weeks of two types. After I got over those I began to feel alittle better.

At this point now, I still get the pain between the shoulder blades (no idea what that is, its burning though and moves to the left side of my upper back) I still get the nausea though not so often, but after having that for 3 solid months each morning it had better stay away! I even did a pregnancy test at one point! I still get the inner tremor down my legs and a tender stomach. I lost a stone and a half in all. I recently had a barium meal Xray and am awaiting results. An endoscopy was attempted but I kept panicking and trying to pull it out. :o

At least now I feel much better than I did, though far from right. But I am planning to go back to work soon all being well. Its been awful and honestly at times I thought I might die. I've had so many different symptoms I realise it sounds ridiculous! And I havent written them all!

I will never take my health for granted again! I gave up smoking 14 months back and I've never felt so bad! :pullhair: On the plus side my hand has healed well and I have no carpal tunnel symptoms anymore. Its al been abit of a mystery and I still dont know whats really going on with me.

Anyway, enough of that. Where is this thread that DR mentioned? and what has happened to Snakey?? :)

Edited by Toonraider

We need to ship you off to House by the sound of things.

Glad it seems to be getting better though.

:pullhair:

Actually my doc sent me to a medical doctor and I said to him 'you mean like House? He laughed.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, hope you are feeling 100% again asap.

Have to say this bit made me laugh though, sorry :):pullhair:

On the plus side my hand has healed well and I have no carpal tunnel symptoms anymore.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, hope you are feeling 100% again asap.

Have to say this bit made me laugh though, sorry :icon_lol::)

On the plus side my hand has healed well and I have no carpal tunnel symptoms anymore.

Thats ok, it was meant to be sarcastically funny! The hospital actually sent me an appt today for the 23rd Dec to have the other hand done :pullhair: I DON'T THINK SO!!! Actually the other hand is also fine now too (weird) but it would take alot to get me back in there I can tell you!

Thanks for all your comments peeps xxx

Edited by Toonraider

Welcome back petal

Wow, been through the mixer there!

Hope you're on the mend, were you well enough to appreciate our humiliation of our six fingered neighbours?

Thanks sweetie. And oohh yesss indeed, I really enjoyed that. It picked me up even more! :) That was Halloween wasnt it? Sorry I lose track, I lost most of the summer :pullhair:

So lovely to see you Bev! :pullhair:

Sounds like you've been through the mill though. I'm not even going to pretend to guess what might have happened to you - I just hope you're very much on the mend xx

So lovely to see you Bev! :)

Sounds like you've been through the mill though. I'm not even going to pretend to guess what might have happened to you - I just hope you're very much on the mend xx

Thanks so much Cath.

Yeah its been scarey, and I still dont trust my body. I feel completely at a loss as to whats going on really. I've tried to keep sane but you imagine all sorts, its felt as if my body has been attacked by something nasty. Anyhow, Im just glad I'm feeling better. Though I have a couple better weeks then it all worsens again, though each time not as bad.

By the way, when did your little one change from Baby to a little Lad?!?! :pullhair: He is so yummy!!!!

Good to see you back on the scene, Bumraider. You've been missed.

Now that you're back, keep an eye on when that leg tremor thing happens. You may find that it's a completely normal female reaction to me posting on here.

In all seriousness though, sounds like you've had a shit time and it's good to hear you are on the mend.

Now that you're back, keep an eye on when that leg tremor thing happens. You may find that it's a completely normal female reaction to me posting on here.

In all seriousness though, sounds like you've had a shit time and it's good to hear you are on the mend.

My legs are trembling like jelly right now Bianca :pullhair:

Thanks sweetie, I have missed you and a few others too! xx

I see there are a few new names on here or have old members just changed theirs?

My legs are trembling like jelly right now Bianca :pullhair:

Thanks sweetie, I have missed you and a few others too! xx

I see there are a few new names on here or have old members just changed theirs?

I knew it. :)

Canny few new peeps, but some tits keep changing their names.

So lovely to see you Bev! :icon_lol:

Thanks so much Cath.

Yeah its been scarey, and I still dont trust my body. I feel completely at a loss as to whats going on really. I've tried to keep sane but you imagine all sorts, its felt as if my body has been attacked by something nasty. Anyhow, Im just glad I'm feeling better. Though I have a couple better weeks then it all worsens again, though each time not as bad.

By the way, when did your little one change from Baby to a little Lad?!?! :) He is so yummy!!!!

My baby has long gone :o He came in from nursery today, said "Hiya Mammy" and sat down to watch Countdown. Every letter that they picked he shouted "N" :pullhair: I have a 20-month old genius on my hands :o

You're such a bellend. :pullhair:

Glad to see you back Mrs. Raider. Hope everything works out ok for you.