So, when do you think Mike Ashley

LeazesMag

I am talking about when your internet subscription gets you live coverage of every game, That I would buy without hesitation, I would buy that before my SkySports subscribtion without a doubt. The main reason I get Skysports is football, if I could see every Newcastle match without Skysports that is what I would get. I don't think I am alone.

This will be the next revolution in football funding, and I beleive Newcastle will be one of the biggest benificiaries. I have long thought this is what has driven Ashley

Last season in Australia if your provider was iinet you had access to two live games and four replays per week as part of your package.

This season the local broadcaster, Foxsports, took those rights back and now for $80 per season you can get 4 live matches and 5 highlights matches each round.

Now considering the cheapest cable tv package is $50/month, $80 a season is sweet fuck all. So spongebob is right it's only a matter of time.

It will help a lot when the coverage is of equal quality to the television feed (at least the sd feed). If I could get that online I'd do away with the Foxtel (sky equivalent) in a heartbeat.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We arent talking Justin.tv though, If they are charging £100pa or whatever it would have to be of decent quality

Agreed, I watch my NFL streamed (and paid for) through NFL.com with their gamepass. It's in full HD and is fantastic quality even blown up. It's on a slight delay as they buffer it up front to avoid jerks/pauses (you can also amend the buffer size if you want to - never had too myself). Picture quality is much better than ESPN or ITV in particular.

As a bonus you also get the US adverts which have the regular habit of being really funny.

Costs 26.99-ish US$ a week for all games played. Only don't get it if the Packers are on SKY.

We arent talking Justin.tv though, If they are charging £100pa or whatever it would have to be of decent quality

Agreed, I watch my NFL streamed (and paid for) through NFL.com with their gamepass. It's in full HD and is fantastic quality even blown up. It's on a slight delay as they buffer it up front to avoid jerks/pauses (you can also amend the buffer size if you want to - never had too myself). Picture quality is much better than ESPN or ITV in particular.

As a bonus you also get the US adverts which have the regular habit of being really funny.

Costs 26.99-ish US$ a week for all games played. Only don't get it if the Packers are on SKY.

Tbf they wasted their time perfecting the picture quality, grid iron is gash.

btw did you say that it was a bonus having the adverts?

The problem is we expect it all to blow up at some point soon or down the line when he makes either another fuckup or sells a player/players the manager wants to keep etc.

This is not unique to Ashley though...

expand ?

Ashley is hardly the only owner who's fucked around with his manager and sold players/brought in players the manager wanted/didn't want. Lerner at Villa and the Icelanders at West Ham are two good examples. I think we could still be rid of Ashley and in the same situation with someone else. Obviously I want Ashley gone as soon as possible, but not if it means bringing in someone just as bad or worse.

Portsmouth were desperate to be rid of the crook Gaydamak, then they brought in another crook in al-Fahim, then they brought in another crook in Al Faraj...point is, there's worse than Ashley, and as long as he keeps his head down and his mouth shut and supports Hughton in the transfer window, it's time to get over him. Nobody wants him except for loons like the Tree, but we can't go on with him being the focus of our lives as fans.

I know there is worse than Ashley. I've said the same thing myself. I need hardly explain further..............be careful what you wish for, I said this a long time ago.

The problem is we expect it all to blow up at some point soon or down the line when he makes either another fuckup or sells a player/players the manager wants to keep etc.

expand ?

Ashley is hardly the only owner who's fucked around with his manager and sold players/brought in players the manager wanted/didn't want. Lerner at Villa and the Icelanders at West Ham are two good examples. I think we could still be rid of Ashley and in the same situation with someone else. Obviously I want Ashley gone as soon as possible, but not if it means bringing in someone just as bad or worse.

Portsmouth were desperate to be rid of the crook Gaydamak, then they brought in another crook in al-Fahim, then they brought in another crook in Al Faraj...point is, there's worse than Ashley, and as long as he keeps his head down and his mouth shut and supports Hughton in the transfer window, it's time to get over him. Nobody wants him except for loons like the Tree, but we can't go on with him being the focus of our lives as fans.

I know there is worse than Ashley. I've said the same thing myself. I need hardly explain further..............be careful what you wish for, I said this a long time ago.

Yeah, you did. It's your trademark open textured prophecising that allows you to claim you're "right" about pretty much anything, which is all you're arsed about at the end of the day. :lol:

expand ?

Yeah, you did. It's your trademark open textured prophecising that allows you to claim you're "right" about pretty much anything, which is all you're arsed about at the end of the day. :lol:

it all comes with experience mate

expand ?

It all comes with saying nothing worth saying in the first place.

expand ?

here we go again. Are those horrible mancs hurting your feelings lately, just like they did when we were playing in europe regularly ?

Hopefully, "experience" may make you appreciate it, if it ever happens again.

expand ?

here we go again. Are those horrible mancs hurting your feelings lately, just like they did when we were playing in europe regularly ?

Well there's a default response if ever I saw one. Snore.

expand ?

Well there's a default response if ever I saw one. Snore.

give it a rest man

yawn

Just stating the obvious (to all but yourself).

like i said, give it a rest.

yawn.

When do you think Mike Ashley will sell up and go ? I take it a man of your repute who moves in your circles must know an insider or two :lol:

Not even sure what you're talking about with your last sentence. Uproarious stuff all the same.

what ? Its fairly straightforward. When do you think Mike Ashley will sell up and go ? And do you happen to know anyone in your esteemed circles with an ear to the ground, so to speak ? I thought you were a smart lad etc etc :lol:

Rao family buy Blackburn Rovers from Jack Walker Trust

Blackburn have been purchased by the Rao family from India for about £43m.

Under the deal, BBC Sport understands Rovers' shares have been acquired for £23m with a debt in the region of £20m taken on by the new owners.

The trust set up by late former owner Jack Walker to own the club has sold its 99.9% holding to the newly formed company Venky's London Limited.

Trust chairman Paul Egerton-Vernon said: "We're very pleased to be passing on the Rovers to the Rao family."

He continued: "We have been impressed with their enthusiasm and their plans and ideas for investment as well as their wish to preserve the legacy of Jack Walker."

Venky's chairman Anuradha J Desai said they were "delighted, proud and humbled to be associated with Blackburn Rovers".

He added: "We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best-run clubs within the Premier League.

"We are particularly pleased that the deal has the full support of the Walker Trust, the chairman and the management team, who will of course remain in place with our full support."

The deal make Rovers the first Indian-owned Premier League club, and the new owners believe their experience of the Asian country means they will be able to open a huge new market for the Lancashire outfit.

Venky's director Balaji Rao said the firm intends to "exploit our in-depth knowledge of the Indian market in particular, and beyond that, the whole of Asia" to develop the club's fan base.

Speaking on Friday before the deal was confirmed, Rovers boss Sam Allardyce welcomed the takeover and said he hoped it would lead to funds to buy new players as Rovers battle to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

"The best way to improve a football club in the early stages is the first-team results," he said.

"We all know we have been short of a bit of investment in the last few years.

"Since the trust has tried to sell the club they haven't been willing to fund the sort of transfers needed to keep the club improving.

"That's put it in danger of maybe being in the throes of selling your best players and threatened with relegation."

According to its website Venky's was established in 1976, mainly to produce chicks for the Indian poultry market, before diversifying into other areas including nutritional health products for humans, pet food and other healthcare products.

The Jack Walker Trust put Blackburn up for sale two years ago in the hope of attracting buyers willing to invest.

Blackburn are 14th in the Premier League, only two points above the relegation places after picking up four victories in 13 games.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/9210221.stm

Ashley take note. Blackburn gone for half the price you refused last season. Time for a reality check.

expand ?

:lol:

Ashley gets a lot of stick, some of it deserved, but would you care to expand on how HE has fucked around managers and bought / sold players the manager didnt want.

My reccolection is that he was the detatched owner and until it all went Pete tong I dont really remember him be involved in any of the day to day sort of decisions. I dont recall Allardyce or Keegan blaming him personally for that sort of thing.

Not even sure since Keegan what actual decisions he's made that have been against the wishes of manager or players.

Seriouis question btw if your up to it.

Keegan said nowt because of the non-disclosure agreement. I think the tribunal made it pretty obvious who was responsible for that.

How about forcing Given out of the club? How about bringing in Xisco and Nacho and selling Milner? The '08-'09 season was pretty awful, but surely you haven't forgotten it?

There's obvious examples of Ashley responsible for fucking about our manager (one he himself appointed) and bringing in players not wanted/selling players that were wanted. I know what your stock response is going to be - "oh Llambias did those things not wor Mike, he's lily-white" - but the buck stops with the owner. He appointed the cronies, he's responsible for what they do, and as the tribunal said, he made promises to KK that weren't kept and that he never had any intention of keeping.