3. When we are relegated again

4. When Freddie Shepherd bids to buy it back :lol:

5. Never

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people I've spoken to seem to think it's closer than I do as there are people out there who still seem to be sniffing around PL clubs. I tend to think the price would still be putting anyone off though.

Whenever he finds someone silly enough to pay the money he wants. He'll not actively put it on the market as he did before but for the right price he'd certainly get rid, though finding anyone to match that price will be tough.

A few people I've spoken to seem to think it's closer than I do as there are people out there who still seem to be sniffing around PL clubs. I tend to think the price would still be putting anyone off though.

indeed.

Whatever will AshleysSkidMarks do ..... :lol:

He's never been keen to sell.

I disagree, he's just never been able to get back anything like what he paid for it.

Probably true but i couldnt help but thinking the whole selling charade was just a way of getting the fans off his back. The reality is far more likely to be about money than anything else, as you say.

I disagree, he's just never been able to get back anything like what he paid for it.

Probably true but i couldnt help but thinking the whole selling charade was just a way of getting the fans off his back. The reality is far more likely to be about money than anything else, as you say.

I think you're right there like, all of a sudden after KK left there were buyers lined up (more than 2? :lol: ) who were going to re-install KK as manager along with Shearer and so on which was patently just bollocks to shut the fans up in the short-term. The whole Barry Moat thing was a load of shite as well imo.

I think the truth is that Ashley is a one off thats pretty hard to read, not helped by his reclusiveness.

I really wish someone could get a proper interview with him as I would love to hear his views on the Past, present and futrure.

I am in the camp who believe he did get into this as a plaything.

I also think he would have sold in 2008 if a realistic offer was on the table.

Given all thats happened, he still turns up week in week out.

I think his ego would like to see us turned around on his terms, which to be fair, he hasnt been a million miles away from doing so far and I guess he currently thinks he's on track to prove it.

A real enigma this bloke.

I get the feeling he bought us as a business venture to eventually sell on after having a bit of fun along the way and also to get his company a bit of Kudos. I also think he'd sell asap if he got his money back and I'm including any debt he inherited and also added to by being a bit useless. So it's never going to happen unless some multi billionaire fancies a play in the PL with us. (A Glazier type wouldn't touch us with a barge pole due to the price).

I think you're right there like, all of a sudden after KK left there were buyers lined up (more than 2? :lol: ) who were going to re-install KK as manager along with Shearer and so on which was patently just bollocks to shut the fans up in the short-term. The whole Barry Moat thing was a load of shite as well imo.

Agree with you both.

I say he's never been keen because he's never been close to recouping his losses, and won't be for a long while....even in the Premier League. If he could walk away at a profit I imagine he would.

He courted bids, received offers, rejected them, then dropped the asking price at the last moment but only for one individual stooge that never had the money even at the lower price.

If he did decide to sell, he's alienated anyone that's shown an interest previously the way he's gone on. The fat chairman who cried wolf tbh.

I agree it's a hard one to call.

Here's my take on it.

1: After making SHIT TON of money through SD, was on a high and felt he couldn't lose. Bought Newcastle Utd.

2: Swept along on the crest of a wave, on a high and ingratiating himself with supporters. Good for ego.

3: Realised he was in much deeper shit then he'd realised, recession, football not like retail, enormous panic.

4: Tried to sell, nobody would touch us with a bargepole, especially at his asking price

5: Took a gamble on not strengthening in January - relegated

6: By-product of relegation was easy offloading of shit players on huge money. Got lucky with Hughton, got promoted

7: Did some excellent deals on players. One of our best transfer windows in recent memory.

8: Plasters tacky logo all over iconic stadium

9: ????

It seems like it go either way. If he has managed to run us more efficiently (and it seems he has), then he may get a taste for it, especially if Hughton manages to keep us up, even more so with a top 10 finish.

NUFC is essentially free, global, high profile advertising for his SD business at a pretty low yearly cost. The better we do, the better his business looks.

We will see but any bollocks like selling Carroll or offering Hughton a derisory contract will show his intentions IMO. He's such a gambler that I think he's more likely to try and fly too close to the sun and fuck it all up again.

maybe we will soon get our wish ...... in the new year... or soon.

Hopefully the new owner will be better. :lol:

Next week, wasn't it?

so my man in the pub tells me

I fervently hope Ashley stays with us long term. He has turned this club around financially, and as soon as we start operating in the black Im have no doubt we will start to see some signs of building on what we have. What we have to do is to publicly acknowledge the good he has done.

Unfortunately for the more insular and biggotted NUFC fans, I suspect that will be a bridge too far.

Personally I say forgive and forget, I would love to think that he felt able to go down the Bigg Market for a pint with the fans, and to be accepted as one of the lads without being subjected to unwarranted abuse. After all thats why he bought the club for the craic with the fans, and what do we do, we show how petty minded we can be.

It's a shame SD is so fucking tacky like. Have you seen those adverts on TV? Fuck me gently...

That's the image they're going for though, they want people to know how cheap and tacky they are.

It's a shame SD is so fucking tacky like. Have you seen those adverts on TV? Fuck me gently...

That's the image they're going for though, they want people to know how cheap and tacky they are.

I know that. Still though, it's a few rungs down from 'You buy one, you get one free. I say you buy one..."