So, when do you think Mike Ashley

LeazesMag

Advertisers pay by viewer CT and this comes through to the club via the broadcast rights. More subscribers too which also boosts broadcast rights payments. If more people are viewing the match, there will be more revenue for the club, without doubt. The question is whether Sky lets it happen as they are the ones who will lose out due to the competition. The reason Sky pays billions for the premier league is because that gets them exclusivity.

Someone from the US said 26.99 per week for HD internet. Equivalent of £50 a month. I dont give a shit about Sky folding but anything that can focus the finance around our bigger fanbase is a good thing for me.

Yes but the debate seems to be that this would be extra income. It isnt, it is splitting the current fan base over different medias. There is no way a Newcastle subscribed internet match would have anywhere near the draw if the same match was shown on Mainstream sky.

This is the bottom line for advertisers.

I'm plainly not explaining myself here.

Newcastle have say 12 league and cup games a season on sky -that leaves 28 - 36 games not on sky.

You are paying the internet subscription for those 28-36 games. Games that are not currently available live. You still subscribe/watch/go the pub for the Sky exclusive matches.

These matches already have the platform in place for live internet distribution as can be proved without doubt by the fact I watch them all already. This is not about harming the existing bottom line, this is about providing another pay for view service that currently doesn't exist. This is about generating a new revenue stream with a media that didn't previously exist.

There is self evidently a market out there -I am proof of this. I don't claim to know how big it is but it exists. The market for Newcastle games live is larger than most clubs but smaller than for ManU Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal and maybe a couple more. The more powerful clubs have the most to gain -they will make it happen

It will benefit Sky/Murdoch as he will be providing the product to be streamed. It will benefit the clubs as they can exploit a previously untapped market. It will not harm the existing deals because it is complimentary not competitive to them.

Look at it another way, I am currently watching these games for free -but I am willing to pay for them, while still paying my Sky subscription. How do you imagine the people who sell the rights to these games view this situation? How do you think the people who own the Football Clubs see this situation?

Ok, well now Im clearer where your coming from but I still cant see a great deal of Newcastle fans suddenly paying quite a large price for soenthing they can already have for free. I also dont think it benefits any football club to have all games shown live on a Saturday at 3pm.

It will be interesting to see how it developes. Everybody agrees that the future will be driven by the desire to extract the maximum revenue from the product. It seems logical to me that this is a new market to exploit

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes you're tragic, man.

sadly for you, I am - most of the time, when you disgree with me - right.

So who is tragic ?

You STILL don't get why I started this thread, nor answer the actual question using the "skills" you think you possess :lol:

internet screening of live football is the way of the future. I said this to a "bloke in the pub" near Leeds [ a Leeds supporter ] a few months ago who massively disagreed. Which maybe says everything....

internet screening of live football is the way of the future. I said this to a "bloke in the pub" near Leeds [ a Leeds supporter ] a few months ago who massively disagreed. Which maybe says everything....

My god man :lol:

My god man :lol:

you've shown by your responses to tooner that you have a sense of humour when you want to, where's it gone :gay:

I suppose being stupid is a more permanent problem :good:

So. Not many responses to the actual thread title here.

When do people think Mike Ashley will sell up ? Who would like it to be soon ? Would you like him to sell it to "anybody" ?

Does anybody know a "man in the pub" who has any good information :razz:

When do people think Mike Ashley will sell up ? Who would like it to be soon ? Would you like him to sell it to "anybody" ?

Nobody knows, no-one has any clue, it's all total guesswork. If I had to try and predict what this man whose actions have often made absolutely no sense will do next I'd say we'll be stuck with him for a longish period UNLESS a really major bid comes in for the club, which is pretty unlikely.

In many ways I hope this is the case as things could be a lot worse than how MA is currently running the club if we were accept any old bid for it. At least we buy some decent players from time to time and at the moment don't seem to be shipping out the good ones we currently have in the squad (touch wood etc), unlike Everton who've been told for yet another forthcoming transfer window that Moyes has to sell to buy.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I don't think he'll sell anytime soon, not until he makes a profit somehow. I think he's hoping a rich Yank/Arab/Indian/Chinese/Russian wants their own train set to play with and makes a bumper offer. I also think it's pointless worrying about who he sells to, we won't have a choice about that and he won't give a toss who he sells to anyway (like Sir John). In fact if there was a choice of buyers, I reckon he'd go for the most offensive one just so he can part his arse at us at the back window of his car as he heads towards Washington Services.

I don't think he'll sell anytime soon, not until he makes a profit somehow. I think he's hoping a rich Yank/Arab/Indian/Chinese/Russian wants their own train set to play with and makes a bumper offer. I also think it's pointless worrying about who he sells to, we won't have a choice about that and he won't give a toss who he sells to anyway (like Sir John). In fact if there was a choice of buyers, I reckon he'd go for the most offensive one just so he can part his arse at us at the back window of his car as he heads towards Washington Services.

We'll see.

Some of us know a "man in the pub" you know. :D

Given UEFA's new financial rules, i dont think he will sell the club. Margins will be increasingly important to manage and given his retail business, he probably thinks he is well positioned to take advantage of the new regulations. If someone wants to get into to football to bankroll a club, they need to do it now and invest loads in players before the rules change. If it doesnt get sold soon, then any new owner wont be an oil-rich money-launderer.

Would be my take on it.

We'll see.

More input please...

We'll see.

More input please...

make a new year wish

We'll see.

The bloke who was told he'd be sacked if he wore a poppy?

Does anybody know a "man in the pub" who has any good information ;)

We'll see.

Some of us know a "man in the pub" you know. :)

search wikileaks for it :)

Happy New Year to you too.

Does anybody know a "man in the pub" who has any good information :)

We'll see.

search wikileaks for it ;)

;)

Fucking nut-job.

Does anybody know a "man in the pub" who has any good information :)

We'll see.

search wikileaks for it ;)

;)

Fucking nut-job.

make a New Year Wish :)