Bolton Wanderers vs Newcastle United

khay

Why the fuck do we put ourselves through watching it again on MOTD :lol:

Well for me it was to see the Colochini sending off that I missed. What a tit! Why oh why have gone into self destruct mode after such a decent start to the season. Also hoping to see the Williamson "head butt" but didnt really seem to cover it.

Only time I've been glad of shit kicking off at work to be honest.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was hard to tell with the Williamson one, it wasn't blatant, more of a collision.

I hope we appeal Jose Enrique's yellow card. The card itself won't mean much because Jose doesn't acrue a lot, but on principle alone we should appeal because they got it blatantly wrong and a successful appeal will officially point out that the linesmen/ref got it wrong and the mark will be against them instead of Jose.

Yellow cards can't be appealed.

What did I miss from Williamson? Why will he get a ban?

Soon afterwards, Elmander went down under an off-the-ball incident with Mike Williamson but the Newcastle player received no punishment.

Referee missed it apparently.

Williamson facing FA charge after Elmander clash

Mike Williamson is facing a ban as the FA use video evidence to probe an off the ball clash with Johan Elmander.

Referee Howard Web didn't see the incident in which the Newcastle defender barged Elmander to the ground in the first half at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday, and will include it in his report.

Elmander was felled and stayed down claiming Williamson had pole-axed him by dipping his shoulder as they tussled waiting for a cross.

If any action is taken it would be another blow to Newcastle already missing Fabicio Coloccini because of his red car elbow on Elmander.

Hughton has defender Fabricio Coloccini insisting he is not a "malicious" player.

But the Newcastle boss admits the Geordies have to clean up their disciplinary problems which is stripping the squad of key players.

Coloccini is now banned for three games after hitting Johan Elmander in the face. Joey Barton is serving his own ban for a punch, and Cheik Tiote was missing at Bolton after racking up the yellow cards.

That leaves Newcastle stretched for resources and Hughton said: "It is something we have to be a bit careful about because of the size of the squad. It was a big blow to miss Joey in the fashion we did, and now of course we will miss Coloccini presumably for three games.

"It is a big blow for us. We do have a tight squad. Now we will go into more testing times over the Christmas period.

"No arguments with the red card though. With Coloccini it is worth stating that he is not a malicious player. It was frustrating afternoon for him. I think Elmander was going to do him for pace. I don't think there is maliciousness in it."

Hughton says Sol Campbell is ahead of Steven Taylor to deputise in defence because he has played more games on the road back to fitness.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle633915.html

Simpson did alright at CB once or twice last season. I think we might see him there and Perch back at RB if Williamson is out too, given Taylor hasn't played a part in any first team action yet.

Well it will be Saylor and Campbell at this rate.

I know perch was played CB during pre-season though.

Don't you even fucking mention it.

who played CB against Arsenal...

Edited by khay