Taylor new deal.

Park Life

This would be bassong who said he wanted to leave when we got relegated... ya not going lump him in with the usual despised crowd who said the same

he'll walk on a free in the summer to spurs no doubt.

I've no problem with players wanting to leave in the situation we were in back then, same goes for the others who left, he was on very low wages for a first team player also. I'd easily take Bassong back anyway, he's not been that consistant for Spurs but he was immense against liverpool the other day. Anyway, as for taylor, as much as I don't think he's actually too bad and still has potential, he can fuck off if he really wants to leave.

Edited by TicTacWoe

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's massively over rated by most who mostly hide behind his "potential". He is 24 and as good as he's going to get, which is too slow, too head strong and has an annoying habit of leaning into crosses with his arm!

We have Colo, Williamson, Sol and Kadar, so he simply isn't needed. Even if he was needed, I'd prefer we sold him and went for Wheater.

Also, Hughton has proven what he can do in the transfer market so any additional funds from surplus players are welcome.

Taylor’s first team development has been hindered by managerial upheaval. He had about a season under SBR, before Souness, Gideon and Fat Sam guided his career. Followed by the Keegan/JFK/Shearer turmoil. Say what you like about his chest thumping but during out relegation season he was one a very small number of players at the club who didn’t throw in the towel at Christmas, the same can't be said of Colo.

Marcel Desailly he is not, but he’s decent enough top flight centre half. Can’t see him staying after the club essentially condoned Carroll busting his jaw / lots of supporters slagged him off / being transfer listed.

I think the issue isn't about how much we rate him as he's been offered £40k a week, but wants £60k. I would say he's worth 30k top, which is what a "decent enough top flight centre half" would be paid. The issue for me is he think he's in Marcel Desailly wage bracket.

What wage would you say he's worth?

He's massively over rated by most who mostly hide behind his "potential". He is 24 and as good as he's going to get, which is too slow, too head strong and has an annoying habit of leaning into crosses with his arm!

We have Colo, Williamson, Sol and Kadar, so he simply isn't needed. Even if he was needed, I'd prefer we sold him and went for Wheater.

Also, Hughton has proven what he can do in the transfer market so any additional funds from surplus players are welcome.

Taylor’s first team development has been hindered by managerial upheaval. He had about a season under SBR, before Souness, Gideon and Fat Sam guided his career. Followed by the Keegan/JFK/Shearer turmoil. Say what you like about his chest thumping but during out relegation season he was one a very small number of players at the club who didn’t throw in the towel at Christmas, the same can't be said of Colo.

Marcel Desailly he is not, but he’s decent enough top flight centre half. Can’t see him staying after the club essentially condoned Carroll busting his jaw / lots of supporters slagged him off / being transfer listed.

I think the issue isn't about how much we rate him as he's been offered £40k a week, but wants £60k. I would say he's worth 30k top, which is what a "decent enough top flight centre half" would be paid. The issue for me is he think he's in Marcel Desailly wage bracket.

What wage would you say he's worth?

No idea. He’s probably looking for parity with other experienced pros at the club like Barton, Smith and Colo. Whether any of them are worth what they get is highly debatable. NUFC no longer compete with a lot of PL clubs on the wages front, it’s inevitable we will lose our better players in the long run if this continues.

The club has proved it will mislead supporters in the name of PR and the figures being bandied around have to be taken with a pinch of salt. However, I think the deal breaker will be whether or not Taylor’s has had enough of being undermined by the club and its supporters. My hunch is that he has had enough and will be off in January, with Spurs, Liverpool and Everton likely suitors. The first two will easily match any wage NUFC will offer.

I cannot stand any of the players that walked out on us after Leyent Orient did us in. Bassong can go to fuck, wouldn't be happy about that. He had no passion for our club, and was partly his fault we were relegated yet he didnt want to know. I want 11 players who are playing for us that WANT to put the shirt on. The likes of colo, jonas, nolan, barton, enrique are all the epitemy of what we want. Ben Arfa is another who wants to play for the club. Could easily have found a move to another club but he had his heart set on NUFC.

With Taylor, am unsure. Does he love the club? If so, money wouldn't be such an issue and would have already signed months ago. Saying that, he's much better than Williamson. And the Taylor/Big Sol partnership looked much stronger than Williamson/Colo.

I think Leazes is on the right lines though when he alludes to Taylor not being properly replaced if he did go. I'm not his biggest fan either. Taylor's that is :razz:

Not sure how he's much better than Williamson like. Case of doing well by not being in the side there I think.

Edited by alex

I think Leazes is on the right lines though when he alludes to Taylor not being properly replaced if he did go. I'm not his biggest fan either. Taylor's that is ;)

Not sure how he's much better than Williamson like. Case of doing well by not being in the side there I think.

http://www.clubcall.com/newcastle-united/n...ce-1128046.html

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/newcastle-uni...id-1128046.html

Wheaters contract is up in the summer, he's twice as good and would play for £30k.

I think Leazes is on the right lines though when he alludes to Taylor not being properly replaced if he did go. I'm not his biggest fan either. Taylor's that is ;)

Wheaters contract is up in the summer, he's twice as good and would play for £30k.

is this a "sell to buy"policy you are advocating ?

When Campbell will be 37 next season ?

Why not Taylor AND Wheater ?

I realise you will dismiss this because its me, but quite simply, any half progressive club would do this - assuming it is the managers judgement of these 4 players currently at the club.

I realise you will dismiss this because its me, but quite simply, any half progressive club would do this - assuming it is the managers judgement of these 4 players currently at the club.

As a rule you need two players in every position, most clubs stick to it. As it offers cover and makes running training a lot easier. Five centre backs is excessive.

* Coloccini and Williamson take up two spots.

* I'm confident Campbell has at least another year in him.

* Which leaves one spot for Kadar.

As you point out Sol is in his twilight years, so we should look to loan out Kadar and bring in Wheater.

Adding Taylor into this mix would obviously give us greater depth, but his high wage demands would set a bad presidence for all future contract negotiations. Average player who haven't been playing can't expect a wage rise.

As a rule you need two players in every position, most clubs stick to it. As it offers cover and makes running training a lot easier. Five centre backs is excessive.

As you point out Sol is in his twilight years, so we should look to loan out Kadar and bring in Wheater.

Adding Taylor into this mix would obviously give us greater depth, but his high wage demands would set a bad presidence for all future contract negotiations. Average player who haven't been playing can't expect a wage rise.

precedence ?

I'm sure if we don't give him a competitive salary, some other more progressive club will. Like Wigan.

In the meantime, the half decent players left at the club will be tremendously motivated seeing other good players being allowed to leave for more money elsewhere.

Progressive Wigan who sold their best 3 players in the last 3 years

and bought one of ours, who professed to be moving to a "bigger" club.

You could also say Newcastle United have sold 8 of theirs ie Given, Bassong, Milner, Owen, Beye, Martins, Duff, N'Zogbia which of course resulted in relegation. Before you or anyone else argues, every single one of those players has moved to a club that did better things and/or would walk back into the NUFC team now.

Edited by LeazesMag

precedence ?

I'm sure if we don't give him a competitive salary, some other more progressive club will. Like Wigan.

In the meantime, the half decent players left at the club will be tremendously motivated seeing other good players being allowed to leave for more money elsewhere.

We have offered him a competitive salary. He wants more. Do you advocate paying over the odds wage rises to players who have spent the entire time injured?

You could also say Newcastle United have sold 8 of theirs ie Given, Bassong, Milner, Owen, Beye, Martins, Duff, N'Zogbia which of course resulted in relegation. Before you or anyone else argues, every single one of those players has moved to a club that did better things and/or would walk back into the NUFC team now.

Utter tripe. Them crap players have either no pace or no brains.

I still can't believe we got £50m. I wouldn't have any of them back.

Add Viduka, Butt and Gerimi to that list and its easy to see why we got relegated.

did they not go post relegation

did they not go post relegation

Some did anyway. Agree we should be in for Wheater as well btw.

Wasn't the rumour about Taylor's wage demands from a 'club source'? I wouldn't take it as gospel.

Quite. And anything Louise Taylor says comes from S Taylor's dad so I'd apply the same logic to that ;)

precedence ?

'Precedent' fwiw.

And in the interests of balance, can you stop using the example of N'Zogbia citing his move to a "bigger club" in Wigan..I'm pretty sure the lad's thick as fuck so it doesn't really matter what he calls them.

He never did get his move to Arsenal either, astonishingly.

I don't think that's actually what he was trying to say from memory.

Something about it being a stepping stone in a move to a bigger club. Was complaining about not getting opportunities at Newcastle, which was right, but how much of that was down to his attitude and the fact that we didn't have a manager who could keep him in check (Joe Kinnear FFS).

Edited by OzToonFan

I don't think that's actually what he was trying to say from memory.

Something about it being a stepping stone in a move to a bigger club. Was complaining about not getting opportunities at Newcastle, which was right, but how much of that was down to his attitude and the fact that we didn't have a manager who could keep him in check (Joe Kinnear FFS).

Aye, basically the point I was making tbh. A combination of him being a thick fucker and English not being his first language.

Leazes has latched onto it big time but it's really not the best example to keep citing when trying to make a point about other clubs having overtaken us.

And as I say that move to the 'big club' is yet to materialise.