Mutiny on the good ship SJP

peasepud

I'm working at SJP this morning.

Usually park in the staff area beside the Milburn reception.

Got moved on today , the players have all been called in, " because the training pitch is frozen"!

Don't we have indoor facilities at Benton?

<_<

Aye, massive shed with a full-size pitch in it.

More bullshit from the club then? :)

Sounds like it.

Probably want to keep tabs on them in case they start mouthing off to the press. Mobiles confiscated on the way in ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice if we showed our players some support.

I remember this memory from years ago. I might have a few details wrong but im sure Stevie can correct me:

I think it was a game v Leeds or maybe Coventry in the mid/early nineties when play had stopped and we went around each and EVERY of our players and sang their name until they gave us wave. I think the likes of Matty Appleby and Alan Neilson were on pitch. Class moment.

This is the best bunch of players I have actually liked in years and are in the same boat as us over this decision, so some support in-between the bile would go a long way.

I remember that - think it was earlier in the 90s though - at least the one I remember was. Started with "Pavel is a Geordie", then "Oh Barry, Barry.... Barry, Barry, Barry, Barry Venison".

At which point John Beresford cupped his hand to his ear waiting for his turn. ;)

Good times <_<

Think Neilson and Appleby played CB due to injuries in that game and had a good game as well.

Neilson was a few inches away from being a class CB. He read the game so well but lacked the physical side.

It'd be nice if we showed our players some support.

I remember this memory from years ago. I might have a few details wrong but im sure Stevie can correct me:

I think it was a game v Leeds or maybe Coventry in the mid/early nineties when play had stopped and we went around each and EVERY of our players and sang their name until they gave us wave. I think the likes of Matty Appleby and Alan Neilson were on pitch. Class moment.

This is the best bunch of players I have actually liked in years and are in the same boat as us over this decision, so some support in-between the bile would go a long way.

I remember that - think it was earlier in the 90s though - at least the one I remember was. Started with "Pavel is a Geordie", then "Oh Barry, Barry.... Barry, Barry, Barry, Barry Venison".

At which point John Beresford cupped his hand to his ear waiting for his turn. ;)

Good times <_<

Think Neilson and Appleby played CB due to injuries in that game and had a good game as well.

Neilson was a few inches away from being a class CB. He read the game so well but lacked the physical side.

Yeah, a bit like Aaron Hughes althoughHughes was a bit more adaptable and a bit stronger, quicker etc. Also benefitted from playing in a good side, which makes it so much easier if you're coming in for the odd game / off the bench.

I remember in the Bristol City 3-0 game (Keegans first?) when we had a corner and Neilson was stood just behind the 1/2 way line marking their centre forward. Bristol C got a hold of the ball and blasted it up to their striker. Neilson just pushed up 2 yards to the 1/2 way line. The poor CF just controlled the ball and stood there knowing he had been done ! Class reading of the game.

Got moved on today , the players have all been called in, " because the training pitch is frozen"!

<_<

More bullshit from the club then? :)

Sounds like it.

Probably want to keep tabs on them in case they start mouthing off to the press. Mobiles confiscated on the way in ;)

Called in the strike breakers?

:)

More bullshit from the club then? :icon_lol:

Sounds like it.

Called in the strike breakers?

Flying Pickets are on their way <_<

The%20Flying%20Pickets.jpg

;)

The pitch isn't frozen. My sons bedroom window looks out over the training ground and they have cleared loads of it away. In fact, they trained on it the other day according to the boy.

More Billy Bullshitting from the club.