Boycotting Games - Why?

DubiousBobcat

Watching SSN now and hearing that fans are saying they are going to boycott the Liverpool game. I have to ask, what is the point in doing that? I for one am bemused with the Pardew appointment as the rest of us are but how can boycotting the game be of any help to Pardew and more importantly, the players? We need the support to keep us in the league and boycotting the game won't make Ashley change his mind. We have to get behind the players....

Edited by the_unrepentant

A consistent boycotting of games would have an effect, however there's no way that it can be organised as we saw with the whole Keegan affair.

Watching SSN now and hearing that fans are saying they are going to boycott the Liverpool game. I have to ask, what is the point in doing that? I for one am bemused with the Pardew appointment as the rest of us are but how can boycotting the game be of any help to Pardew and more importantly, the players? We need the support to keep us in the league and boycotting the game won't make Ashley change his mind. We have to get behind the players....

If your serious about getting Fatty out then I'm afraid the players have to take a back seat, all your efforts need to be on Ashley, hitting him where it hurts, in his wallet. Going down again COULD help your cause.

What you need is a NUFC branch of Anarchists, we get shit done.

I'm fucked off with people coming out with this shit everytime anyone suggests doing something. Things will never change at our club until Ashley is gone, he's the cancer that needs removing. It's all fair and well people saying "Oh but you've got to support the team, the manager, the club" but in doing so it just means nothing is done. Apathy sets in before anyone lifts a finger and all complaining just becomes hollow, it makes the fans of NUFC look like whingers who moan at everything and just put up with it.

While Ashley is part of Newcastle Utd all of us can forget having a club we can be happy supporting, there will always be the underlying problem of Ashley himself. It's his club, not ours and fans of other clubs and national media will always see it that way - Ashley bought the club, he put his money in, it's his toy to do what he wants with. Until Ashley goes (if Ashley ever goes) the club ceases to be something for the fans.

The club is dead.

I'm fucked off with people coming out with this shit everytime anyone suggests doing something. Things will never change at our club until Ashley is gone, he's the cancer that needs removing. It's all fair and well people saying "Oh but you've got to support the team, the manager, the club" but in doing so it just means nothing is done. Apathy sets in before anyone lifts a finger and all complaining just becomes hollow, it makes the fans of NUFC look like whingers who moan at everything and just put up with it.

While Ashley is part of Newcastle Utd all of us can forget having a club we can be happy supporting, there will always be the underlying problem of Ashley himself. It's his club, not ours and fans of other clubs and national media will always see it that way - Ashley bought the club, he put his money in, it's his toy to do what he wants with. Until Ashley goes (if Ashley ever goes) the club ceases to be something for the fans.

The club is dead.

Fair enough, I'm fucked off with your reply but thats your opinion. The club is not dead by any means. You really think Ashley will take any notice of the fans?

The club is dead.

Fair enough, I'm fucked off with your reply but thats your opinion. The club is not dead by any means. You really think Ashley will take any notice of the fans?

He'll take notice of his wallet.

The club is dead.

While people bury their heads in the sand they'll continue to get fucked in the ass by the fat cunt.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

It depends if you WANT Pardew to succeed. Many might not look beyond immediate results, but for others seeing him do well under a chairman they hate after such a stupid decision isn't what they want. Understandbly too. Ashley deserves to fail on this one. But I would predict you'll scrape survival this season, never show any consistency or signs of finding it, and Pardew will take all the credit for staying up highlighting what a tough job it was. He'll then try to lower expectation for next season, have a woeful start and get sacked.

The club is dead.

While people bury their heads in the sand they'll continue to get fucked in the ass by the fat cunt.

Since you put it that way, I'd rather my arse stayed in hetrosexual tact so fuck it, I'm boycotting the game....

Plus most are not saying to miss the game all together. Only roll in at half time or something.

If I were you, I'd consider having as many people as possible arrives a minute or so into the game. It doesn't then prevent supporting the team for most the game, but it does mean a largely empty stadium for Pardew's welcome and an obvious comment on how the decision has been greeted.

But it's very difficult to coordinate something like that.

It depends if you WANT Pardew to succeed. Many might not look beyond immediate results, but for others seeing him do well under a chairman they hate after such a stupid decision isn't what they want. Understandbly too. Ashley deserves to fail on this one. But I would predict you'll scrape survival this season, never show any consistency or signs of finding it, and Pardew will take all the credit for staying up highlighting what a tough job it was. He'll then try to lower expectation for next season, have a woeful start and get sacked.

I want NUFC to succeed. The problem is I don't think it'll ever happen with Ashley, Llambias and to a lesser extent Pardew at the club therefore I believe protests and boycotts to be the way forward. Short term pain for long term gain.

History has shown that the only way things will change - short of Ashley being offered an acceptable price for the club - is through a general and genuine long term apathy.

people are often supprised and shocked when they see a batered wife going back to their husbands , but the majority grin and bear it and go back for another blackeye or broken nose . ashleys sitting smug with a wife beater and a can of special brew knowing fine well the kind of people he's dealing with .

we laugh and joke about the french , but at the end of the day the jokes on us , english are so downtrodden we moan and complain about it then bend over and make it easier when all is said and done , someone hand me the lube .

people are often supprised and shocked when they see a batered wife going back to their husbands , but the majority grin and bear it and go back for another blackeye or broken nose . ashleys sitting smug with a wife beater and a can of special brew knowing fine well the kind of people he's dealing with .

we laugh and joke about the french , but at the end of the day the jokes on us , english are so downtrodden we moan and complain about it then bend over and make it easier when all is said and done , someone hand me the lube .

this applies to lots of things

The players deserve support but they'd understand why it was happening, pardew deserves no support the man is scum of the highest order as someone said in another thread he's been talking to ashley about coming here for a long long time knowing they were setting Hughton up to fail, stabbing him in the back the same way mancini did to Hughes completely classless. pardew is an out and out loser and will always stay that way, I agree with armchair pundit I admit I was starting to hope maybe he'll just leave it be now but now I'm 100% sure we're fucked until he goes. If the jobless mugs that stand outside St James' are so angry they should make themselves useful and block the entrances of any of the fat cunts stores like what we did years ago, this guy only thinks about money.

Edited by Barton7

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

There's no point in boycotting if you're a season ticket holder. That would achieve fuck all. Next year is the time to do it.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
There's no point in boycotting if you're a season ticket holder. That would achieve fuck all. Next year is the time to do it.

Aye no one should buy owt in the stadium though.

An option if you could smuggle your own beer in.

;) aye true enough.

;) aye true enough.

Wouldn't matter to Ashley.

He sells the catering/drink bit of business for a flat fee.