Newcastle United 3-1 Liverpool

Christmas Tree

Great result yestetday never saw that coming. The lads showed a lot of desire when they could have waved the white flag and thought fuck it. I think that was one for the fans and Chris. I really hope they can build on this now and push on.

Will be interesting to see if Pardew picks Ranger over Ameobi next week and if he does I think it could be the end of Strollers toon career. Also be interesting to see his defensive choice, Sol gotta be out,the big,lumbering fuck

Wonder what it was Ashley said to the lads in their meeting

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the logic of having Ranger on the bench and using him as an impact player. The downside of that is though that Shola starts.

Edited by alex

Great result yestetday never saw that coming. The lads showed a lot of desire when they could have waved the white flag and thought fuck it. I think that was one for the fans and Chris. I really hope they can build on this now and push on.

Will be interesting to see if Pardew picks Ranger over Ameobi next week and if he does I think it could be the end of Strollers toon career. Also be interesting to see his defensive choice, Sol gotta be out,the big,lumbering fuck

It wasn't Ashley it was Llambias they met with. Barton makes a point of saying they didn't meet with Ashley in the talksport interview.

Thought Barton, tiote, Carroll were all class... Nolan put in a good shift as well as did Simpson. Enrique and jonas need to learn how to cross!

I'm his biggest fan but he wasn't up to his normal level yesterday. The referee was a joker too wasn't he, see that one in the first half I can't remember who it was for them but they dived on the edge of the box, most blatant dive you'll see. He didn't give a free kick so surely you have to book him??? There was loads of dipper biased decisions yesterday I thought. I read an article years ago that suggest 25% of referees were Liverpool fans, and when you saw that pic of the ref celebrating when Liverpool scored in front of the Kop you can believe it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/...ship/633889.stm

The ref was awful. Think it was Rodriguez that went down like he'd been picked off by a sniper. Torres got lucky with one as well. Showed himeslf up to be a tota huffyl twat yesterday for going after Barton.

I get the impression it's not a happy camp at Liverpool at the minute like, Torres body language was all wrong. That avatar Besty put up is class, I think it sums them up at the minute. I've said for years they are Gerrard and Torres and that's it, I think even Kuyt would struggle in a shit team, although number 4 looks a canny player Mereles or whatever.

Resigned to it. Hodgson knows he's for the chop and so do the players.

Don't think he has the charisma or kudos to motivate that group of players. Also you see what happens when a big club runs out of money and there are no quick fixes. If we keep it together I'm still happy with my 12th start of season prediction.

It wasn't Ashley it was Llambias they met with. Barton makes a point of saying they didn't meet with Ashley in the talksport interview.

Didn't catch that, saw Nolan on motd and he said owners

Didn't catch that, saw Nolan on motd and he said owners

It was only Cauis Cassius Deccus.

what did pardew say after the match? i haven't seen his post match interview yet.

He said the win was down to the group and that he only made a couple of minor changes.

he didn't make any changes tbf. that is the same way hughton was lining them up.

what did pardew say after the match? i haven't seen his post match interview yet.

He said the win was down to the group and that he only made a couple of minor changes.

he didn't make any changes tbf. that is the same way hughton was lining them up.

Barton gives him credit for a few tweaks during his Talk Sport interview. Doesnt say what they were.

Ie minor. Probably referring to asking players to do/think about certain things rather than postions or picking the side. Not sure what he meant either, just guessing.

Barton gives him credit for a few tweaks during his Talk Sport interview. Doesnt say what they were.

really? that's surprising given how little credit he gave him during the espn interview

really? that's surprising given how little credit he gave him during the espn interview

I think that was more down to the stupid bints stupid question.

The only real thing I noticed that we did yesterday (thank god) was chase the ball down at every opportunity and really keep at them when they had possesion.

Not a great managerial masterstroke but something we've been missing of late. Always infuriates me why they dont do that in every game its so fucking simple to do.

Thought Campbell made some good tackles and read the game quite well. Obviously came off his back for their goal and was poor quite a few times particularly for Torres's chances in the second but I thought Taylor was worse. That header in the first half, classic 'make-mistake-then-point' routine. Instead of leaving it for Krul, heads it into trouble and immediately points towards the goal to tell Krul he needs to get back. Fucking tit ;)

Quite hard for them two coming in without great fitness and in the circumstances so they were lucky that Liverpool/Torres were a bit shit. Was Tiote's card because of a Campbell mistake too?

I did say during the week that i couldnt imagine an apathetic reaction to Hughton leaving from the players, only an angry one and thats exactly what we got. Very clearly motivated them, the football writers may want to say its about the players 'spirit' but that performance was for Chris. Lets see how they continue and whether they care as much about the club as they say. I really hope this is what carries them forward. Carroll was ridiculously good yesterday and Joey Barton is without doubt the best footballer at the club.

Thought Campbell made some good tackles and read the game quite well. Obviously came off his back for their goal and was poor quite a few times particularly for Torres's chances in the second but I thought Taylor was worse. That header in the first half, classic 'make-mistake-then-point' routine. Instead of leaving it for Krul, heads it into trouble and immediately points towards the goal to tell Krul he needs to get back. Fucking tit ;)

Quite hard for them two coming in without great fitness and in the circumstances so they were lucky that Liverpool/Torres were a bit shit. Was Tiote's card because of a Campbell mistake too?

I did say during the week that i couldnt imagine an apathetic reaction to Hughton leaving from the players, only an angry one and thats exactly what we got. Very clearly motivated them, the football writers may want to say its about the players 'spirit' but that performance was for Chris. Lets see how they continue and whether they care as much about the club as they say. I really hope this is what carries them forward. Carroll was ridiculously good yesterday and Joey Barton is without doubt the best footballer at the club.

We need another 20 points, don't really give fcuk about anthing else.

:D My apologies for breathing.

:D My apologies for breathing.

Wasn't directed at you sweetie. :blush:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Just got back from the match. They journey back was initially full of debate and blame. However things went very quiet, very quickly. The pervading atmosphere was one of sadness. Not that we lost, just the feeling that we go to these games full of hope and leave absolutely flat, embarrassed and angry; and we've got to endure more of it as long as we have the current manager. The guys in the car with me are lifelong supporters, and like me think that the money they are having to pay to follow our club is well worth it. The pride in being an away fan is just brilliant. However, we've been to City, Birmingham, Wigan, Mancs, Sunderland and Stoke this season, and we are coming to the point where we think it is just not worth it.

My heart fucking bleeds. Try supporting Newcastle you ungrateful bastards. One bad season and the towels going, and having a read of RAWK to a man they want Hodgson sacked, apparently he's the worst manager in ENGLISH football. They're such ungrateful cunts, the irony of this is the abuse we got off them when a few voiced displeasure at Allardyce. I'd love them to fall to pieces, I remember I went through a spell of going to about 30 away games and not seeing us win, but we stayed loyal, the slightest chink in the armour the dippers go missing. I was born in December 1977, since then we have won ZERO major trophies, Liverpool have won TWENTY FOUR, we are ten times better supporters than them.

From the Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW said he was blown away by the “Cup Final” atmosphere as his Newcastle United reign got off to a winning start.

Having arrived as an unpopular replacement for Chris Hughton, a 3-1 win over Liverpool was the perfect way for him to begin the long job of winning over the supporters.

And while not everyone was welcoming, goals from Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Andy Carroll – arguably the three most important members of the dressing room – were just the tonic for a nervous Pardew.

“It was something special. I’m very happy. To score three goals against Liverpool, who are very well drilled and don’t give you much room to play, was excellent,” he said.

“We were effective and always looked like we had goals in us which is very pleasing. I must admit I was getting a little bit nervous towards the end, but I was a lot more relieved when that third went in!

“The crowd is absolutely everything. They reacted with disappointment to the events of this - losing Chris of course. That is understandable, he’s a gentlemen and did a very good job here.

“But ultimately they support the club and the shirt – not any individual or player – and they showed that. The noise level was something I’ve only experienced in Cup finals, to be honest. I struggled to make myself heard – I’m going to need some sign language I think!”

Pardew – who spoke briefly to Mike Ashley after the win – was happy with the way the players performed for him.

“I popped up to see him. He was happy with the result because it’s probably not been his best week,” he said.

“But the win was really about the players. They showed their spirit and unity out there, along with the staff.

They made it very easy for me, all I had to do was add one or two things and they looked very good. That is the sort of thing that has been going on all year.

“You need the group to be with you. They welcomed me and made it easy for me – all the staff yesterday were terrific.

“It was easy on Thursday. I feel a lot better and I’ve started the relationships we hope to get together.

Not everything was perfect, however. A jittery defensive display will have caused some concern and Pardew - who proclaimed himself “excited” about the performance of star man Carroll - has seen areas that can be improved on by his Toon side.

But overall, he believes there is real potential in the squad he has inherited from Hughton.

“At this level our retention of the ball could improve and some of our defensive disciplines too,” he said.

“But we have individual talents in the team and four or five outstanding players and good senior men around them.

“I don’t think there was anyone who did themselves a disservice.”

Just got back from the match. They journey back was initially full of debate and blame. However things went very quiet, very quickly. The pervading atmosphere was one of sadness. Not that we lost, just the feeling that we go to these games full of hope and leave absolutely flat, embarrassed and angry; and we've got to endure more of it as long as we have the current manager. The guys in the car with me are lifelong supporters, and like me think that the money they are having to pay to follow our club is well worth it. The pride in being an away fan is just brilliant. However, we've been to City, Birmingham, Wigan, Mancs, Sunderland and Stoke this season, and we are coming to the point where we think it is just not worth it.

My heart fucking bleeds. Try supporting Newcastle you ungrateful bastards. One bad season and the towels going, and having a read of RAWK to a man they want Hodgson sacked, apparently he's the worst manager in ENGLISH football. They're such ungrateful cunts, the irony of this is the abuse we got off them when a few voiced displeasure at Allardyce. I'd love them to fall to pieces, I remember I went through a spell of going to about 30 away games and not seeing us win, but we stayed loyal, the slightest chink in the armour the dippers go missing. I was born in December 1977, since then we have won ZERO major trophies, Liverpool have won TWENTY FOUR, we are ten times better supporters than them.

Rawk is in meltdown. Agent Hodgson slowly but surely making Liv pedestrian. Torres is the worst culprit.