Newcastle United 3-1 Liverpool

Christmas Tree

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it on the telly (obviously). Amazing result given the circumstances. Some thoughts:

I thought Carroll, Barton and Enrique were class in particular.

Krul made a crucial save from Torres at 1-1. Couldn't do much about their goal.

Ranger was a big improvement on Shola and swung the momentum our way after their equaliser....I suspect that change was forced on Pardew rather than being tactical. Ranger will overtake Shola soon.

Campbell was an embarrassment, difficult to see him playing for us again after that showing. Unbelievable the ball bounced off the back of his head in the run up to their goal.

Guti can't cross or shoot, dribbles up blind alleys and falls over, it's incredibly frustrating.

Woy Hodgson was hilarious. He looks like an old drag artist who's just taken his make up off. He rubbed his face over and over when we went 2-1 up as if trying to wake up from a nightmare.

Overall a fantastic result. Takes the heat off Pardew.

Ranger was a big improvement on Shola and swung the momentum our way after their equaliser....I suspect that change was forced on Pardew rather than being tactical. Ranger will overtake Shola soon.

Good point actually. Shola had been harping on at the bench to take him off for a couple of minutes, but Pardew's getting the credit for a well-timed substitution.

Thought Barton, tiote, Carroll were all class... Nolan put in a good shift as well as did Simpson. Enrique and jonas need to learn how to cross!

I'm his biggest fan but he wasn't up to his normal level yesterday. The referee was a joker too wasn't he, see that one in the first half I can't remember who it was for them but they dived on the edge of the box, most blatant dive you'll see. He didn't give a free kick so surely you have to book him??? There was loads of dipper biased decisions yesterday I thought. I read an article years ago that suggest 25% of referees were Liverpool fans, and when you saw that pic of the ref celebrating when Liverpool scored in front of the Kop you can believe it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/...ship/633889.stm

The ref was awful. Think it was Rodriguez that went down like he'd been picked off by a sniper. Torres got lucky with one as well. Showed himeslf up to be a tota huffyl twat yesterday for going after Barton.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Thought Barton, tiote, Carroll were all class... Nolan put in a good shift as well as did Simpson. Enrique and jonas need to learn how to cross!

I'm his biggest fan but he wasn't up to his normal level yesterday. The referee was a joker too wasn't he, see that one in the first half I can't remember who it was for them but they dived on the edge of the box, most blatant dive you'll see. He didn't give a free kick so surely you have to book him??? There was loads of dipper biased decisions yesterday I thought. I read an article years ago that suggest 25% of referees were Liverpool fans, and when you saw that pic of the ref celebrating when Liverpool scored in front of the Kop you can believe it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/...ship/633889.stm

The ref was awful. Think it was Rodriguez that went down like he'd been picked off by a sniper. Torres got lucky with one as well. Showed himeslf up to be a tota huffyl twat yesterday for going after Barton.

I get the impression it's not a happy camp at Liverpool at the minute like, Torres body language was all wrong. That avatar Besty put up is class, I think it sums them up at the minute. I've said for years they are Gerrard and Torres and that's it, I think even Kuyt would struggle in a shit team, although number 4 looks a canny player Mereles or whatever.

I get the impression it's not a happy camp at Liverpool at the minute like, Torres body language was all wrong. That avatar Besty put up is class, I think it sums them up at the minute. I've said for years they are Gerrard and Torres and that's it, I think even Kuyt would struggle in a shit team, although number 4 looks a canny player Mereles or whatever.

Resigned to it. Hodgson knows he's for the chop and so do the players.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

The ref was the absolute spit of Phil Mitchell. The biggest piss take was when Torres completely miss kicked the ball and then fell over, and they got a free kick right on the edge of the area for it.

What I'm not liking is the press all talking about Pardew's perfect start and how he has had an instant effect. That was Chrissy H's starting line up, and from the post match interviews you know that the players were playing for Chrissy H.

I've always known the football365 writers are cocks, but their headline today.....

"All Forgiven As Pardew Reign Starts With Cracking Win"

;)

To be fair, there was a question mark at the end of that headline :D

Edited by Sonatine

I've always known the football365 writers are cocks, but their headline today.....

"All Forgiven As Pardew Reign Starts With Cracking Win"

;)

To be fair, there was a question mark at the end of that headline :D

shush

tha bellends

:blush:

What a difference a good win makes. We really are a team who should be chasing Europe when our best teams available.

Barton is an absolute god this season and Tiote, fucking hell simply orgasmic.

In hindsight I will admit to being harsh on Carrol. Having the audacity to score that goal, from there, at that point in the match. Starting to believe the hype about him. (better late than never).

We still have a few problems that need addressing until reinforcements come in in January.

Upfront, Shola shouldnt start again. (til that game). I would start with Ranger without a doubt. The alternative is moving Barton into the middle, Routledge onto the wing and Nolan upfront.

Jonas just has to go and while I know the lad is young, I would give Ferguson a run out. (Think it was against Chelsea where he was very good in for Jonas).

The Big decision Pardew will have is with regard to Campbell and Taylor. It will be hard as a new manager trying to win over players, to drop two lads who have just helped you beat Liverpool 3-1. However having seen the two of them play, I cant wait for Colochini and Williamson to get back in.

Until I saw him again yesterday I had forgotten how crap Taylor can be at times.

Overall the result was just what we needed and the atermatch interview with Barton was simply priceless.

;) PS God if your reading this, please watch over Barton Tiote and Carrol on the injury front.

It's so obvious Ranger is a better partner for Carroll. Even Shola / Ranger is a better partnership than Shola / Carroll (not that you'd drop Carroll of course).

I've woken up there and I think we can win today, regardless of the situation it's not the players fault we should get behind them, just read there the dippers have won 1 of 8 away, there's nee Gerrard I reckon we can win today. Like seriously we can win. Remember hands in pockets walking to the ground today of all days though ;)

:D

I think a lot of people were being a bit hasty in their 1-5 predictions like, Liverpool won't come top 6 this year guaranteed. Was Joe Cole playing by the way, I can't remember him doing anything if he was.

I've woken up there and I think we can win today, regardless of the situation it's not the players fault we should get behind them, just read there the dippers have won 1 of 8 away, there's nee Gerrard I reckon we can win today. Like seriously we can win. Remember hands in pockets walking to the ground today of all days though ;)

I think a lot of people were being a bit hasty in their 1-5 predictions like, Liverpool won't come top 6 this year guaranteed. Was Joe Cole playing by the way, I can't remember him doing anything if he was.

Unused sub.

Unused sub.

I was a bit ambivalent early on yesterday, trying to decide whether my pessimistic/take the long view in getting the FCB out meant I did or didn't want them to win. However my hatred of the utter vermin in red (big shout out to Torres and Rodriguez for epitomising the cheating cunts) won out after about 30 seconds.

One of the great sights in football for me is a fucking shit divine righters team - knowing how much pain it causes the Irish/Norwegian/Asian glory hunting cunts makes me very happy.

Unused sub.

Easy to see why Chelsea were keen to get rid now, has he had a decent game since he signed for the dippers?

We wouldn't have scored the second goal had Shola been on that's a fact, look at it Ranger putting it in really hassling the defender, Shola would not have done that and the defender wouldn't have made the mistake.