Liverpool Protest

JawD

An hour and a half drinking and watching a few rippers, or freezing my cobs off so the SSN cameras can amuse the rest of the country?

I'm going with option A.

Good luck to all the 14 year olds that can't get served in pubs though.

Aye, quite a few 14 year olds turned up with their white lightning for the KK March :razz:

The very notion that Ashley gives a fuck what the fans think, that it's a democracy whereby people power will make a difference, is evidently cloud cuckoo land. Do protesters believe he's unaware that we despise him and want him out? We've been singing about it for years.

Nothing to be achieved by making tits of ourselves with more bedsheets on national TV.

If anything, it just makes it look like we've come round when there's no organised protests at the games after this one. As has been the case when any of the past furore's have died down.

Rather than what Llambias can call the "unreasonable minority" having a one off protest, why don't the entire stadium let them know what we think...at EVERY game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think that despite everything, we should do nothing?

I agree that 9/10 the so called "rent-a-mongs" stand there for Sky with their boouyocoutt banners. But this is those that have tickets that would go into the game later. This is also arranged by a lad who when I heard him on the radio, sounded reasonable.

Do I think it will achieve anything? Unlikely.

But I'm sick of sitting there and taking it, doing fuck all just like Ashley expects.

There is likely to be what, 500 people? Will it be noticed at half time if the extra people arrived? Possibly not. but what if it was 5000? If we got 5000 fans who felt as strongly about doing something? if 5000 empty seats at half time were filled by fans singing their disgust at the way the club has once again been handled?

This isnt just about the shoddy way CH was ejected, or the fact it's been done when we were finally getting some stability. It's also about the fact that once again we're getting fucked over by that fat useless cockney barrow boy.

Edit : I also thought the idea of waving JJB Sports bags at the game was a great idea!

Edited by JawD

I agree that 9/10 the so called "rent-a-mongs" stand there for Sky with their boouyocoutt banners. But this is those that have tickets that would go into the game later. This is also arranged by a lad who when I hear him on the radio, sounded reasonable.

But I'm sick of sitting there and taking it, doing fuck all just like Ashley expects.

Is the plan to ring the ground with the protestors or all gather at the main entrance?

I agree that 9/10 the so called "rent-a-mongs" stand there for Sky with their boouyocoutt banners. But this is those that have tickets that would go into the game later. This is also arranged by a lad who when I heard him on the radio, sounded reasonable.

There is likely to be what, 500 people? Will it be noticed at half time if the extra people arrived? Possibly not. but what if it was 5000? If we got 5000 fans who felt as strongly about doing something? if 5000 empty seats at half time were filled by fans singing their disgust at the way the club has once again been handled?

This isnt just about the shoddy way CH was ejected, or the fact it's been done when we were finally getting some stability. It's also about the fact that once again we're getting fucked over by that fat useless cockney barrow boy.

Edit : I also thought the idea of waving JJB Sports bags at the game was a great idea!

I guess theyd lock you out after 5 minutes.

An hour and a half drinking and watching a few rippers, or freezing my cobs off so the SSN cameras can amuse the rest of the country?

I'm going with option A.

Good luck to all the 14 year olds that can't get served in pubs though.

Aye, quite a few 14 year olds turned up with their white lightning for the KK March :razz:

The very notion that Ashley gives a fuck what the fans think, that it's a democracy whereby people power will make a difference, is evidently cloud cuckoo land. Do protesters believe he's unaware that we despise him and want him out? We've been singing about it for years.

Nothing to be achieved by making tits of ourselves with more bedsheets on national TV.

If anything, it just makes it look like we've come round when there's no organised protests at the games after this one. As has been the case when any of the past furore's have died down.

Rather than what Llambias can call the "unreasonable minority" having a one off protest, why don't the entire stadium let them know what we think...at EVERY game.

You'll get the accusations of unerving the players etc when this season is all about grinding out results.

I would have said the best time to protest is half time with lots of chanting, but then people would miss their pies :razz:

Im guessing its a lot longer since you've been to a game than you say because every game you cant fail to see idiots who've wandered in 20 minutes late and are looking for their seat.

I dont believe that they could legally lock out anyone with a valid ticket.

Im guessing its a lot longer since you've been to a game than you say because every game you cant fail to see idiots who've wandered in 20 minutes late and are looking for their seat.

I dont believe that they could legally lock out anyone with a valid ticket.

I was talking about locking out as a vindictive action.

I agree that 9/10 the so called "rent-a-mongs" stand there for Sky with their boouyocoutt banners. But this is those that have tickets that would go into the game later. This is also arranged by a lad who when I hear him on the radio, sounded reasonable.

Is the plan to ring the ground with the protestors or all gather at the main entrance?

Gathering at the Box Office

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
No they wouldn't.

:razz:

To be fair I'd miss at least 5 games a season if they did, I'd have missed Cardiff last year for one.

The bottom line is that as with KK,too many wont take part.

The ground is full of lots of Grandads, lots of families, lots of kids etc who just wouldnt get involved.

I agree. Like I say, I expect to see 500, but if only 10% of people were up for it this could be nearer 4500.

I'm sick of our fans coming across as dancing monkeys.

I'm not saying do nothing...but do something effective. Not something that will later be referred back to as a sign the fans were unhappy, but not anymore. I can see it now, Craig David outside St James on the last day of the season "Alan Pardew has kept Newcastle up and those December protests are a distant memory....how fickle they are".

Most of us expected this to happen as it was. In my opinion, if there's to be a protest, it would have been just as valid at any previous home game. I'll be doing what I've always done personally, because I've hated Ashley for a long time and I'll hate him forever more whether it works with Pardew or not. So I'll be singing about what a twat he is in the stadiumm and I'll not be buying any of his tat from any of his shops.

I'd encourage others who stop going, or don't buy a pint at half time, but I'm too selfish and enjoy the match too much for that...it's the one thing I won't let Ashley take from me no matter what. Ashley is but a fleeting moment in NUFC history, the fans are forever.

Alan Pardew has kept Newcastle up and those December protests are a distant memory.

Thats just it though, they even said that is his target. We're sitting in 12th yet survival would be seen as success :razz:

The beer thing is the same though. Try getting half of the ground not to have a pint before or during the game. Not going to happen.

I dont dance like a monkey... Oh hang on.. wor lass might disagree with that actually :razz:

Doing that will simply get the "rent a mong" crowd and give an image for Sky what it wont do is encourage others to join, theres no way that the area there is big enough to hold anything like the 500 you expect and impossible for the 10% we'd like to see. On top of that it will merely cause a blockage to fans who want to go into the game and end up causing arguments/ frustration and bad feeling between fans. It also has the prospect of being viewed as an angry mob by the police and broken up turning therefore into a public order issue.

if they were to have a single file cordon around the ground it would alleviate those problems and have a better chance of being successful. three quarters of the ground dont even go past the box office and would therefore miss it and not join in. If you can organise enough through the internet to ring the place then nobody can get past without being aware of it and more guaranteed will join in.

Doing that will simply get the "rent a mong" crowd and give an image for Sky what it wont do is encourage others to join, theres no way that the area there is big enough to hold anything like the 500 you expect and impossible for the 10% we'd like to see. On top of that it will merely cause a blockage to fans who want to go into the game and end up causing arguments/ frustration and bad feeling between fans. It also has the prospect of being viewed as an angry mob by the police and broken up turning therefore into a public order issue.

if they were to have a single file cordon around the ground it would alleviate those problems and have a better chance of being successful. three quarters of the ground dont even go past the box office and would therefore miss it and not join in. If you can organise enough through the internet to ring the place then nobody can get past without being aware of it and more guaranteed will join in.

Good points PP. If I can also add that I'm not organising it, I'm just jumping on the back of it as am sick of doing fuck all bar sing abuse him.

The biggest circle pit i ever saw was at a Less than Jake (or was it NOFX?) show at the Leeds festival. All the way round the mixing desk it went.

This could beat that.

Edited by Happy Face

Not renewing / buying tickets is the only viable protest really.

If the current feeling is maintained I think this is a certainty. As you know, this is the last of the 3 year season ticket. I can see a fair few not renewing next year like.

Good points PP. If I can also add that I'm not organising it, I'm just jumping on the back of it as am sick of doing fuck all bar sing abuse him.

I think the organisers would do well to take another look at their plans and not necessarily look to do what Ive talked about but think of the possible problems with what they have planned and how they can be overcome. The problem at the moment is that the more successful this is the bigger the potentail for problems/ criticism is.

Top marks to those doing it though, I know from experience that its a thankless task and always has the potential to fall flat on its arse. Id also say that if they're lucky they'll get 50% at the very best of those who say theyre going to attend. For instance I saw a post that said 300 facebook members were attending, a good chunk of those will probably not even be in Newcastle tomorrow.

Just mentioned this on another thread - not sure if someones already come up with this, but hows about bringing along a (disposable) flag and hanging it over the last two letters of one of the many Sports Direct hoardings. Back of the East Stand in particular. Right in MA's eyeline :razz:

Respect due to the lads trying to organise a protest but chances are it will end up being a farce. Simply not enough clarity, hence the lack of support from the NUFC agenda setters. And what odds the usual gates shut at half time policy being changed today so anyone who does boycott the first half can’t get in?

It has to be said and I hate to say it, but we really are fucking useless at getting ourselves organised. Both Liverpool and ManU managed to put together protests that got their message across. We look forever doomed to make ourselves look like morons. Ashley must be pissing himself.

Edited by Problem Child