Liverpool Protest

JawD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not renewing / buying tickets is the only viable protest really.

Those who already have tickets go to the game and support the lads plus give the cunt dogs abuse, I'm telling you now, man, they fucking hated it when we were on the telly and all you could hear was the Mags giving him shit, his pet monkey even pleaded with fans to stop it. When your ticket runs out, DO NOT RENEW!!! Even if you intend to still go to the odd game next year, DO NOT RENEW. Honestly, it's the only way. I certainly will not be outside the ground for SKY's benefit as I can go in the ground and get my message across loud and clear perfectly well before giving him the ultimate message come renewal time.

I wasnt going today but had originally planned a number of games that I was heading to, wor lass was telling me to get to the game today but theres no way I'll be putting any more cash into his pocket. The ultimate irony that I could pay him £35 for the priviledge of abusing him, he'd be laughing his rather large tits off.

I will go to games to help the abuse but only by purchasing tickets off others who have them but cant go. On that logic anyone got one spare for today? Preferably in L7 or platinum club as near as possible to the directors box.

Respect due to the lads trying to organise a protest but chances are it will end up being a farce. Simply not enough clarity, hence the lack of support from the NUFC agenda setters. And what odds the usual gates shut at half time policy being changed today so anyone who does boycott the first half can’t get in?

It has to be said and I hate to say it, but we really are fucking useless at getting ourselves organised. Both Liverpool and ManU managed to put together protests that got their message across. We look forever doomed to make ourselves look like morons. Ashley must be pissing himself.

Everytime someone tries to organise something, 95% say whats the point and we should be getting behind the team etc.

Respect due to the lads trying to organise a protest but chances are it will end up being a farce. Simply not enough clarity, hence the lack of support from the NUFC agenda setters. And what odds the usual gates shut at half time policy being changed today so anyone who does boycott the first half can’t get in?

It has to be said and I hate to say it, but we really are fucking useless at getting ourselves organised. Both Liverpool and ManU managed to put together protests that got their message across. We look forever doomed to make ourselves look like morons. Ashley must be pissing himself.

Everytime someone tries to organise something, 95% say whats the point and we should be getting behind the team etc.

Not that I think anything will remove him, but the only way for protests to be organised is through a supporters club.

We've debated this at great length after KK and ended up with NUSC. (Good intentions wrong format / plan).

A free supporters club should be set up with members simply registering through various avenues. Initially it should have no high and mighty plans, simply be there as a beacon for supporters allowing communication to be exchanged and cencus gathered.

Need a few genuine fans (like PeasePud) who are there for the right reasons to give up small amounts of time to get the thing up and running.

A simple website allowing information to be exchanged.

A monthly newsletter.

Last time the argument was "lots of mackems would register and fuck it up". They wont. Just like we arnt inundated on here with them. Even if some did sign up, Im sure they would soon get bored with a monthly news letter and unsubscribe.

This would be a supporters club first and foremost, not political, not protest.

Let it build grow and develop naturally so that in a few years time when we are faced with similar circumstances, it would be in a much more powerful position to speak on behalf of the fans and if needed, coordinate protests.

This could be up and running in days and would soon dwarf NUST.

A website up, a registration page and a brief statement page basically explaining whats said above.

Once up and running I am sure there are many out there who would happily assist with financial needs from time to time such as leaflets / printing etc.

It should be a proper social club as well allowing events (whatever they may be ) to be organised and attended.

This really could be done very quickly, very simply and lead to a great supporters club.

While hopeless at web design and probably unsuitable as PR, I would however be only too happy to serve the course in whatever way I could. ;)

Come on Peter, Make it so!

draft_lens2209648module19537082photo_1236458539captain_picard.jpg

One of you ought to get a few other actual hardcores together and pull an FCUM.

Think about it- there's so much support for NUFC you'd have to at least be able to grab a few thousand supporters right off the bat, it'd be more constructive than supporting the bedsheet sign industry, it'd damn sure make it onto the news (resulting in more support), and who knows, maybe in a few years everybody on this board (at least) gets their wish of supporting a Newcastle club that isn't run by a fat asshole seemingly hellbent on destroying his own investment.

Fuck another NUST, make that shit so, number 1!

Think about it- there's so much support for NUFC you'd have to at least be able to grab a few thousand supporters right off the bat, it'd be more constructive than supporting the bedsheet sign industry, it'd damn sure make it onto the news (resulting in more support), and who knows, maybe in a few years everybody on this board (at least) gets their wish of supporting a Newcastle club that isn't run by a fat asshole seemingly hellbent on destroying his own investment.

Bagsy the No.9 shirt!

Until it gets succesful and a fat asshole comes and buys it. ;)

Set it up as an industrial and provident society as FCUM have done and that won't happen.

Set it up as an industrial and provident society as FCUM have done and that won't happen.

I actually think this is the way forward - The trouble with the boycott is people like going to the match, and want to support their team. Protests will never work, too many people wont are cant stop going.

Setting up FCUN gives people a positive outlet not a negative one, and avoids the charge of only hurting the team that always accompanies protests.

The real clincher though is the ability to use FCUN as a verb - that would be FCUN great

I actually think this is the way forward - The trouble with the boycott is people like going to the match, and want to support their team. Protests will never work, too many people wont are cant stop going.

Setting up FCUN gives people a positive outlet not a negative one, and avoids the charge of only hurting the team that always accompanies protests.

The real clincher though is the ability to use FCUN as a verb - that would be FCUN great

It'd be FCUN awesome!

(This is fun!)

I'll try to summarise what went on today. I in no way condone some of what went on, especially by the fucking stewards outside the Milburn Enterance.

I arrived at about 4.15 to have a look at what was going on. It seemed initially that one guy was running the show, short, bald, toon top on, scarf with about 200 people behind him, mostly about 16 years old.

The usual chants were going on; YFCBGOOOC, Ashley is a wanker, sit doon if you love the toon etc.

I stood well back with the other 'oldies' and took it in for a while. Then 2 stewards came over and told a husband/wife that they must take their banner away as it was 'offensive' to the owner of the property. It said 'Get this slug out of OUR club'.

I had to interject. I said 'Are you not fucking offended by what you're boss has done to your city?' 'Are you even a toon fan?' so on and so on. He said 'I agree with the reasoning but not the methods and I'll have you nicked if you carry on'. People watched, people heard and people went mental. The flags were then getting thrown around to keep out of reach of the stewards. A chant was directed at the fat little cunt by a now 600+ protesters of 'Faaat Harry Potter, you're just a fat Harry Potter' and 'Get a proper job, get a proper job'.

They turned the atmosphere a trifle aggressive through their iron fisted stewarding. I hung around and watched as the growing crowd raised their voices.

Then I got in the ground and heard very, very little. The odd 'FCBGOOOC' and 'one chrissy hughton' etc.

The FCB must be rubbing his hands in delight.

I assume I'm not alone in seeing numerous fights breaking out in the crowd. One man was knock out cold about 10 along from me by a massive guy. I have no idea what went on.

The protest was loud, proud but unfortunately unorganised and not structured.

If only we had a supporters trust who could've assisted.

Anyway, we won 3-1, I've never felt so depressed after a Newcastle game ( including both 2-1's against the unwashed put together) and I'm definitely not going back.

My seat will sit empty for the remainder of his tenure.

Could cry.

I was there for around 4.30pm. Few songs that was it, crowd dispersed and went into the game. Got inside, again a few songs but mostly nowt. Half time people swigging pints and stuffing their faces.

Was like fucking nothing has happened.

Apathy wins the day.

I was there for around 4.30pm. Few songs that was it, crowd dispersed and went into the game. Got inside, again a few songs but mostly nowt. Half time people swigging pints and stuffing their faces.

Was like fucking nothing has happened.

Apathy wins the day.

You sound surprised... ;)