Liverpool Protest

JawD

I know its been mentioned but thought it should have its own thread.

Details

Peaceful protest outside St James Park commencing 4PM on Saturday.

The plan is to meet outside the stadium (at the box office) pre-match .

That's the plan! All ideas have been appreciated, but that's what we've settled with.

---

We are protesting to show our appreciation for the work that Chris Hughton did for our club. He got us promoted and created a settled atmosphere within the squad, we've had some great results this season, beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton away as well as the 6-0 thrashing of Villa and of course beating Sunderland 5-1. We also want to show our anger of the disgraceful treatment of Chris Hughton and the direction Ashley is taking the club by appointing Alan Pardew.

---

It's official. Alan Pardew on a 5.5 year contract. What a joke.

Pardew doesn't have our support. Ashley has even less than that.

It's a shame we have to neglect the players, but they're as hurt as we are and will actually respect (maybe even feel heartened by) the fact that we're making a stand.

Personally, after this protest, We're not attending another home game until Ashley leaves.

---

Date: Saturday 11th December

Time: 4.00PM

Venue: Box Office St. James Park

Additional Info: Bring as many people as you can. Lets get ourselves noticed.

I'm supporting this. I know people have said its against the players etc but its not. to me you have two options

1. Do something

2. Do nothing

Every time we do nothing apart from bitch and moan and each time we get shafted a little bit more. This isn't againt Pardew for me. The players we understand are just as pissed off. Those that got relegated were at a very low point and it was CH thath picked them up and created a solid team spirit that had us promoted and currently see's us in 12th. That spirit has just beenh shattered by Ashley who clearly it out to look after mates and have a laugh no matter the consequence. He cares fucking nothing about this club or any single supporter so long as he gets to slap his fucking ugly sports direct logo around and brag to his mates about owning a football club.

Enough is enough.

The whole idea for this is to stay out of the ground until half time. We hope the players see we are supporting them by making a visual protest against the club for the treatment of CH and the club in general. The idea is that the difference is noticible between the two halfs but it will only work in numbers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with JawD. Ashley can only get away with this because of apathy, people are far too willing to shrug their shoulders after a week or two and accept the shite we're presented with out of some misplaced notion of support. There needs to be a concerted effort to make a stand now not just for one game but until Ashley either runs this club professionally or fucks off entirely. It may not work, but neither will sitting on our hands whinging at the results every other Saturday.

Hopefully this'll be the start of something coordinated that we can really get behind, something that the NUST should be doing but for whatever reason aren't.

I agree you have a choice, do something and do nothing and that people should do something.

However, neither makes fuck all difference apart from affecting the sort of statements coming out of SJP.

Its difficult accepting injustice, its even more difficult accepting an injustice and feeling impotent against it. The reality is we are impotent but people should protest as a healthy way of expressing their anger and to deal with these feelings. Its not going to 'stop him getting away with it'. He already has.

:razz:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I don't see what gathering out the box office will do to be honest apart from blocking peoples way up the hill and wasting drinking time. I'd like something like what happened against Millwall in 89, a lad ran from the Gallowgate, dived out of the way of 3 rugby tackles off police and stewards and put a huge banner on the pitch right in front of the dugouts reading SACK THE BOARD. The only thing that will really have an impact is hitting them in the pocket anyway.

I don't see what gathering out the box office will do to be honest apart from blocking peoples way up the hill and wasting drinking time. I'd like something like what happened against Millwall in 89, a lad ran from the Gallowgate, dived out of the way of 3 rugby tackles off police and stewards and put a huge banner on the pitch right in front of the dugouts reading SACK THE BOARD. The only thing that will really have an impact is hitting them in the pocket anyway.

Like I said hopefully this is just the start of something more sustained. You've got a lot of people who have either already bought their tickets for Liverpool or, as in my case, are season ticket holders. There's no point staying away when he's already got your cash. I don't intend to renew next season and I'm avoiding buying anything NUFC or SD related like the plague because as you've said you've got to hit them in the pocket.

I don't think they'll have any massive impact but I get the feeling Ashley and Llambias aren't keen on protests. They want a boys club where they can go, watch a game of football, have a laugh and Dekka can run around the pitch with his cock and balls on show when Mike demands. If we make life so uncomfortable for Ashley he decides he can't come to the games claiming he's fearful of his safety he'll not be a happy lad. It may be petty, but in the short term that would cheer me up.

Like I said hopefully this is just the start of something more sustained. You've got a lot of people who have either already bought their tickets for Liverpool or, as in my case, are season ticket holders. There's no point staying away when he's already got your cash. I don't intend to renew next season and I'm avoiding buying anything NUFC or SD related like the plague because as you've said you've got to hit them in the pocket.

I don't think they'll have any massive impact but I get the feeling Ashley and Llambias aren't keen on protests. They want a boys club where they can go, watch a game of football, have a laugh and Dekka can run around the pitch with his cock and balls on show when Mike demands. If we make life so uncomfortable for Ashley he decides he can't come to the games claiming he's fearful of his safety he'll not be a happy lad. It may be petty, but in the short term that would cheer me up.

You're right. It's hilarious really when you think that we're in the same place we were 20 years ago. Everyone going to the game chanting Sack The Board, none of the other big clubs have had it, Everton and Villa have had the odd moan at Kenwright and Ellis, Leeds had Ridsdale, Man City had an issue with Peter Swales, but not one team that I know of has had this problem as much as Newcastle United, it's cyclical, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind there is a curse on the club, we've discussed it before but we really can't have that amount of bad luck over such a long time the odds would be astonishing.

Possibly the biggest problem is he has no natural affinity for the club

Was WGM geordie? I know he had a solicitors office in Gossy. I don't know if he was geordie, he didn't sound it.

We could just save ourselves a whole lot of bother by getting in the car, driving down to Derbyshire and doing him and his house over.

Just a thought :razz:

Possibly the biggest problem is he has no natural affinity for the club

Was WGM geordie? I know he had a solicitors office in Gossy. I don't know if he was geordie, he didn't sound it.

I always assumed he was a posh Geordie. Not sure though.

We could just save ourselves a whole lot of bother by getting in the car, driving down to Derbyshire and doing him and his house over.

I don't think you'll find a car, minibus or coach large enough to accomodate everyone who wants to dish out a kick of two to his kidneys to be fair :razz:

I don't think you'll find a car, minibus or coach large enough to accomodate everyone who wants to dish out a kick of two to his kidneys to be fair :razz:

10:4 good buddy We got ourselves a convoy

EDIT: actually all joking aside, a large scale peaceful protest outside their houses would be more likely to succeed than anything at the match.

As mancy would say: 10-4 Rubberdick. :D

As mancy would say: 10-4 Rubberdick. :D

Smokey and the Bandit style, with the Fat Man taking on the role as Sherrif Buford T Justice and Llambias as his half wit son :D

pict0027.jpg

I assume that NUST, as the voice of the fans, are taking the lead in this protest. :razz:

Are they fuck. They'll be there trying to flog tickets to their comedy night.

I assume that NUST, as the voice of the fans, are taking the lead in this protest. :razz:

Are they fuck. They'll be there trying to flog tickets to their comedy night.

The AGM is going to be a ticket event? :razz:

:D

An hour and a half drinking and watching a few rippers, or freezing my cobs off so the SSN cameras can amuse the rest of the country?

I'm going with option A.

Good luck to all the 14 year olds that can't get served in pubs though.

Edited by Happy Face

EDIT: actually all joking aside, a large scale peaceful protest outside their houses would be more likely to succeed than anything at the match.

Another one of my suggestions in the post Keegan days.... :D

An hour and a half drinking and watching a few rippers, or freezing my cobs off so the SSN cameras can amuse the rest of the country?

I'm going with option A.

Good luck to all the 14 year olds that can't get served in pubs though.

Aye, quite a few 14 year olds turned up with their white lightning for the KK March :razz: