The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

Say Ooh-Aah?

Aye OAFC. Sammy's probably putting that in google now. "What are these gallah's on about Oldham for?"

Fucking hell Stevie, everyone knows Glen McGrath didn't play for the toon :icon_lol:

btw fuck off with the google, do I drive a cab?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Ooh-Aah?

Aye OAFC. Sammy's probably putting that in google now. "What are these gallah's on about Oldham for?"

Was hardly a difficult one that like Stevie. He's barely changed one bit.

Say Ooh-Aah?

Was hardly a difficult one that like Stevie. He's barely changed one bit.

Was one to sort your MCFBJ's from your KBJ's imo.

Did they have to be playing for NUFC at the time btw?

If not add Tommy Cassidy. And Keegan.

Peter Withe qualifys too.

I thought about Mick Shannon and Peter Withe. I don't think either were in the squad though.

Not Channon but all the rest mentioned (bar Varadi :o ) were there....but sadly (and I have to say I thought Cassidy was still with us :icon_lol: ) none were playing for us at the time...Davey Mac was at Tulsa Roughnecks but must have joined after the WC :icon_lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_FIFA_Wor..._squads#England

Looking at that link I noticed the line that stated:

Note that this squad is numbered alphabetically by surname, unlike traditional numbering systems. Despite this the goalkeepers are given the usual England goalkeepers' shirts 1, 13 & 22 (again alphabetically) and Kevin Keegan is given his favoured 7.

Never realised they did that in '82. Don't remember Brooking wearing #3 I always thought he was in the #10 shirt. I remember Robson wearing #16

Not Channon but all the rest mentioned (bar Varadi :o ) were there....but sadly (and I have to say I thought Cassidy was still with us :( ) none were playing for us at the time...Davey Mac was at Tulsa Roughnecks but must have joined after the WC :icon_lol:

Note that this squad is numbered alphabetically by surname, unlike traditional numbering systems. Despite this the goalkeepers are given the usual England goalkeepers' shirts 1, 13 & 22 (again alphabetically) and Kevin Keegan is given his favoured 7.

Never realised they did that in '82. Don't remember Brooking wearing #3 I always thought he was in the #10 shirt. I remember Robson wearing #16

Scored after about 30 seconds against France. Class French side that like and don't get me started on those Brazilians :icon_lol:

Must be NUFC players at any time since McCreery wasn't a Toon player then either iirc (he was in '86 though). Kenny Sansom is another one.

Ian Stewart

Didn't go to the WC in '82 :D

Edited by alex

Not Channon but all the rest mentioned (bar Varadi :D ) were there....but sadly (and I have to say I thought Cassidy was still with us :) ) none were playing for us at the time...Davey Mac was at Tulsa Roughnecks but must have joined after the WC :D

Ossie Ardiles had number 1 at the World Cup in 1978.

That was '82, as I can actually remember it from the time, not sure if he had that number in '78 as well though (I saw the '78 final, apparently, on holiday in Spain but I have no recollection of it).