The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

I hope you got Q9 right, Tom.

Shame the question maker didn't.

We didn't lose in that game against Millwall, we drew 1-1. Anderson scored a belter for us but most missed it as Mirandinha had just appeared in the Milburn.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the stupid twat reckons Dave Mitchell scored for us against Swindon. It was Blackburn!! (That's the magic of Mitchell).

He scored for Swindon against us IIRC.

And the stupid twat reckons Dave Mitchell scored for us against Swindon. It was Blackburn!! (That's the magic of Mitchell).

He scored for Swindon against us IIRC.

Aye header at the Gallowgate that bounced about 5 times before it went in. I've mentioned That The Magic of Mitchell before on here I think, hilarious looking back.

That third kit was awful.

Had it been yellow stripes instead of blue it'd have been spot on IMO.

I liked it anyway me. The worst one was that blue and orange one we wore when we lost 4-1 at Leeds.

That third kit was awful.

Had it been yellow stripes instead of blue it'd have been spot on IMO.

I liked it anyway me. The worst one was that blue and orange one we wore when we lost 4-1 at Leeds.

A friend of my parents bought me the scarf version of that for Christmas that year. Still got it somewhere. Absolutely dreadful. :lol:

I was never a fan of that top in your avatar, Jill.

Reminds me of a happy 3-1 win at Bolton to be fair. I know where you're coming from, but no where near our 10 worst shirts ever.

Reminds me of an away game at Hillsborough. Could've been the first away of the season? Ginola scored at the Kop end?

My memory could be playing tricks on me though.

Got that shirt at home and the shorts (love them; great quality and great colour) I've actually got them here with me.

Reminds me of a happy 3-1 win at Bolton to be fair. I know where you're coming from, but no where near our 10 worst shirts ever.

Reminds me of an away game at Hillsborough. Could've been the first away of the season? Ginola scored at the Kop end?

Got that shirt at home and the shorts (love them; great quality and great colour) I've actually got them here with me.

Not in the least bit surprised you liked the shorts colour Snakey. Hide the stains well? :lol:

Not in the least bit surprised you liked the shorts colour Snakey. Hide the stains well? :lol:

;) I say! What about my recollections? Am I a McFaul or a Deano ?

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a quiz book on NUFC at the market last week. It was printed in the 80's but has hundreds of questions.

Is anyone interested if I put some up ? Or maybe this could be a thread on its own ?

All questions about season 1987/88.

I am starting from the beginning of the book.

Must be honest, these first questions are quite difficult, being - at the time - based on what were recent events. But I'll take one set of questions at a time here. Pot luck etc .....

1. Who scored 2 goals against Coventry at SJP during March, his first double for the club

2. It took United 4 games to record a home victory. They won 2-1, who was it against

3. Which side did Mirandhina score his first goal for Newcastle against

4. Who did the Magpies meet in the Littlewoods Cup

5. Which youngster made his debut as a susbstitue in the 2-0 win over Spurs in January 1988

6. Which personality returned to Gallowgate for the first time since 1984

7. 2 of Newcastles Junior players appeared for England during the season. Who were they ?

8. Ian Bogie scored his first goal in November for NUFC, who was it against

9. Against which club did United clinch their trip to Wembley in the Centenary Classic after a dramatic 90 minutes at SJP

10. United played this Scottish club in a challenge match during March. The won 1-0. Which stadium was the game played at.

Edited by LeazesMag

Must be honest, these first questions are quite difficult, being - at the time - based on what were recent events. But I'll take one set of questions at a time here. Pot luck etc .....

1. Who scored 2 goals against Coventry at SJP during March, his first double for the club

2. It took United 4 games to record a home victory. They won 2-1, who was it against

3. Which side did Mirandhina score his first goal for Newcastle against

4. Who did the Magpies meet in the Littlewoods Cup

5. Which youngster made his debut as a susbstitue in the 2-0 win over Spurs in January 1988

6. Which personality returned to Gallowgate for the first time since 1984

7. 2 of Newcastles Junior players appeared for England during the season. Who were they ?

8. Ian Bogie scored his first goal in November for NUFC, who was it against

9. Against which club did United clinch their trip to Wembley in the Centenary Classic after a dramatic 90 minutes at SJP

10. United played this Scottish club in a challenge match during March. The won 1-0. Which stadium was the game played at.

off the top of my head....

1. Michael O'Neil

3. Man Utd, he got 2 that day.

5. Anth Lormor....or David Roche?...

7. Lee Clark and.....errr.....one of question 5?...

9. Luton Town

pretty cluless about the rest tbh..

1. Who scored 2 goals against Coventry at SJP during March, his first double for the club Michael O'Neill

2. It took United 4 games to record a home victory. They won 2-1, who was it against Southampton

3. Which side did Mirandhina score his first goal for Newcastle against Manchester United

4. Who did the Magpies meet in the Littlewoods Cup Blackpool & Wimbledon

5. Which youngster made his debut as a susbstitue in the 2-0 win over Spurs in January 1988 Anth Lomor

6. Which personality returned to Gallowgate for the first time since 1984 Arthur Cox

7. 2 of Newcastles Junior players appeared for England during the season. Who were they ? Bit ambigious but I know Lee Clark did against Brazil at Joker Park

8. Ian Bogie scored his first goal in November for NUFC, who was it against Wimbledon

9. Against which club did United clinch their trip to Wembley in the Centenary Classic after a dramatic 90 minutes at SJP Chelsea

10. United played this Scottish club in a challenge match during March. The won 1-0. Which stadium was the game played at. Tynecastle

1. Who scored 2 goals against Coventry at SJP during March, his first double for the club Michael O'Neill

2. It took United 4 games to record a home victory. They won 2-1, who was it against Southampton

3. Which side did Mirandhina score his first goal for Newcastle against Manchester United

5. Which youngster made his debut as a susbstitue in the 2-0 win over Spurs in January 1988 Anth Lomor

6. Which personality returned to Gallowgate for the first time since 1984 Arthur Cox

7. 2 of Newcastles Junior players appeared for England during the season. Who were they ? Bit ambigious but I know Lee Clark did against Brazil at Joker Park

8. Ian Bogie scored his first goal in November for NUFC, who was it against Wimbledon

9. Against which club did United clinch their trip to Wembley in the Centenary Classic after a dramatic 90 minutes at SJP Chelsea

10. United played this Scottish club in a challenge match during March. The won 1-0. Which stadium was the game played at. Tynecastle

All Craig's answers are right apart from number 8. Bogie's first goal was against Shrewsbury in the Simod Cup, Dina got a last minute winner, and I remember it cos it was the lowest crowd I've ever been part of at SJP, was in the Paddock with me dad they were building the Milburn behind and it fuckin pissed it doon.

All Craig's answers are right apart from number 8. Bogie's first goal was against Shrewsbury in the Simod Cup, Dina got a last minute winner, and I remember it cos it was the lowest crowd I've ever been part of at SJP, was in the Paddock with me dad they were building the Milburn behind and it fuckin pissed it doon.

what was the attendance?

what was the attendance?

7000 or so.