The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Who were the first £1million and £2million pound players?

Trevor Francis first million pound player. Gloibally Maradona went to Napoli in 85 for £3.5m, but in England Cottee, Gazza and Paul Stewart all went for £2m at about the same time, but think Cottee was first by a few weeks.

It's right though.

A relative is Man U, keeps banging on about it

It is Ereec, aye.

He got a hattrick in the charity shield, but not the league to my knowledge.

Trevor Francis first million pound player. Gloibally Maradona went to Napoli in 85 for £3.5m, but in England Cottee, Gazza and Paul Stewart all went for £2m at about the same time, but think Cottee was first by a few weeks.

Intersting about Trevor Francis. The actual fee was £999,999.99 as Cloughie didn't want the "first mill player" talk to go to his head.

The latter isn't the answer I have. The one I have is a current premier league manager. :jesuswept:

It's right though.

A relative is Man U, keeps banging on about it

It is Ereec, aye.

He got a hattrick in the charity shield, but not the league to my knowledge.

5-0 against Spuds Aug 25 1992.

Admittedly, I googled the above stats, but knew he was the first. Said relative reckons he's the only foreigner to net a hat trick, but that's got to be bollocks?

Intersting about Trevor Francis. The actual fee was £999,999.99 as Cloughie didn't want the "first mill player" talk to go to his head.

The latter isn't the answer I have. The one I have is a current premier league manager. :jesuswept:

Mark Hughes went to Barca for £2 million. Didn't he come back for about the same?

Justin Fashanu wasn't the first million pound player. Fact.

Mark Hughes was only £1.8m

Mark Hughes went to Barca for £2 million. Didn't he come back for about the same?

:D

Aye, Hughes went to Barca for £2 million in 85 or 86.

Everywhere has Hughes to Barca listed as a £2 million transfer.

Whats this about Justin Fashanu?

Aye but that's an international transfer. It's still not a player coming in to the league. Maradona was more than £2m, see above for first 2m players in England.

Aye but that's an international transfer. It's still not a player coming in to the league. Maradona was more than £2m, see above for first 2m players in England.

Never realised I'd asked for domestic transfers. :D

A lad asked me at graft last week to 'name 3 ex premier league players who's names are connected to barbecues'. I havn't got a clue apart from Patrick Berger. Any others?

A lad asked me at graft last week to 'name 3 ex premier league players who's names are connected to barbecues'. I havn't got a clue apart from Patrick Berger. Any others?

Well if Park Ji Sung was at one am sure he'd have a hot dog. WES BROWN (sauce)

Michael (B)ricketts.

Well if Park Ji Sung was at one am sure he'd have a hot dog. WES BROWN (sauce)

who is the only player to score for 2 distinctly seperate countries in different world cups?

Someone that played for Yugoslavia and Croatia. Suker or Prosinecki one of them.

Andy Cole

Paulo Wanchope.