The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

Only father and son to play for their country in the same game?

Gudjonsen and his fatha.

College of knowledge yee are mind, YFCBGOOC. Might have to draft you into my quiz team at the powder monkey every tuesday night.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were the first £1million and £2million pound players?

Trevor Francis first million pound player. Gloibally Maradona went to Napoli in 85 for £3.5m, but in England Cottee, Gazza and Paul Stewart all went for £2m at about the same time, but think Cottee was first by a few weeks.

Intersting about Trevor Francis. The actual fee was £999,999.99 as Cloughie didn't want the "first mill player" talk to go to his head.

The latter isn't the answer I have. The one I have is a current premier league manager. :jesuswept:

Justin Fashanu wasn't the first million pound player. Fact.

Mark Hughes was only £1.8m

Everywhere has Hughes to Barca listed as a £2 million transfer.

Whats this about Justin Fashanu?

Aye but that's an international transfer. It's still not a player coming in to the league. Maradona was more than £2m, see above for first 2m players in England.

Never realised I'd asked for domestic transfers. :D

A lad asked me at graft last week to 'name 3 ex premier league players who's names are connected to barbecues'. I havn't got a clue apart from Patrick Berger. Any others?

Andy Cole

Paulo Wanchope.

Immense work.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Gudjonsen and his fatha.

College of knowledge yee are mind, YFCBGOOC. Might have to draft you into my quiz team at the powder monkey every tuesday night.

Two of me mates drink in there aal the time and live nearby. Full of rarfies by all accounts, I've been in once or twice was areet, it's beside that church isn't it? Am sure when you signed up you said you were from the west end yee like.

Gudjonsen and his fatha.

Two of me mates drink in there aal the time and live nearby. Full of rarfies by all accounts, I've been in once or twice was areet, it's beside that church isn't it? Am sure when you signed up you said you were from the west end yee like.

Nah not a West Ender. Born in Gateshead, grew up in The Half Moon pub on the Tyne Bridge and shifted to Wallsend in 94.

It's the best bar in Wallsend man. Not that that's anything to shout about, tbf. It's the one right next to the church up station road just of the coast road.

Gudjonsen and his fatha.

Nah not a West Ender. Born in Gateshead, grew up in The Half Moon pub on the Tyne Bridge and shifted to Wallsend in 94.

It's the best bar in Wallsend man. Not that that's anything to shout about, tbf. It's the one right next to the church up station road just of the coast road.

Aye a naa where it is. Best bar in Wallsend :jesuswept: The Anson is its only competition and 90% of the people in there are on benefits.

Gudjonsen and his fatha.

Aye a naa where it is. Best bar in Wallsend :jesuswept: The Anson is its only competition and 90% of the people in there are on benefits.

You're forgetting "The Klub" on the High Street. Hive of activity if you're into sniffing N'Zogbia and hoying pint glasses around. It's recently changed it's name to "The Steam Elephant". Fucking hell. :D

Who were the first £1million and £2million pound players?

Trevor Francis first million pound player. Gloibally Maradona went to Napoli in 85 for £3.5m, but in England Cottee, Gazza and Paul Stewart all went for £2m at about the same time, but think Cottee was first by a few weeks.

Intersting about Trevor Francis. The actual fee was £999,999.99 as Cloughie didn't want the "first mill player" talk to go to his head.

The latter isn't the answer I have. The one I have is a current premier league manager. :jesuswept:

Justin Fashanu wasn't the first million pound player. Fact.

Mark Hughes was only £1.8m

Everywhere has Hughes to Barca listed as a £2 million transfer.

Whats this about Justin Fashanu?

Aye but that's an international transfer. It's still not a player coming in to the league. Maradona was more than £2m, see above for first 2m players in England.

Never realised I'd asked for domestic transfers. :D

A lad asked me at graft last week to 'name 3 ex premier league players who's names are connected to barbecues'. I havn't got a clue apart from Patrick Berger. Any others?

Andy Cole

Paulo Wanchope.

Immense work.

Wanchope or two?

Tbf it's as old as the hills :o

Which players career went like this at one point...

Lazio > Dortmund > WP's > Fulham

Karl-Heinz Reidler (sp?).

Aye.

Bayern > Twente > WBA > Coventry

Which team mate of his won the European Cup two years running, but with different clubs?

Paulo Sousa?

Correctomundo. Played for Juve then played alongside KHR for Dortmund the following year when they beat Juve.

Aye.

No idea on this one btw.

Which team mate of his won the European Cup two years running, but with different clubs?

Paulo Sousa?

Correctomundo. Played for Juve then played alongside KHR for Dortmund the following year when they beat Juve.

He wasn't a success in Italy neither. Him and that slow bloke the playmaker signed for Italian clubs about the same time, Sousa was supposed to be better but he didn't perform as well as they hoped. You know who I mean man, that bloke slow as fuck but class played for Fiorentina, scored in off the bar against England in the 2004 QF. Rui Costa that's it.

Aye.

No idea on this one btw.

Think of a poster on NO that I used to row with every day.

Paulo Sousa?

He wasn't a success in Italy neither. Him and that slow bloke the playmaker signed for Italian clubs about the same time, Sousa was supposed to be better but he didn't perform as well as they hoped. You know who I mean man, that bloke slow as fuck but class played for Fiorentina, scored in off the bar against England in the 2004 QF. Rui Costa that's it.

Sousa was good at Juve but they took a conscious decision to break up an ageing team to rebuild after winning the CL that year. Ravenelli and Vialli went as well. They brought in Zidane and had the likes of Del Piero, Vieri and Inzaghi coming through. Sousa went to Italy (Inter) after (I think) only one season in Germany but his career gradually faded from then on. I think he had a few injuries. And aye, Rui Costa was class at Fiorentina. He had a great understanding there with Batistuta. Back when Italian football was really good.

Aye.

No idea on this one btw.

Martin Jol?

Aye. "Just off on a £180,000 eight week cruise down to Brissy to see the boys bring The Ashes home, we decided to go economy this time" "I wouldn't say Tottenham are double the size of Newcastle but you can see how some might", then he got his son to post rumours on the site in his name because of his absence down under. What a :jesuswept:

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Aye.

No idea on this one btw.

Martin Jol?

Good shout, I think thats it. I think it was Pat Nevin who reckoned Jol used to nip you when you played against him.

Paulo Sousa?

Sousa was good at Juve but they took a conscious decision to break up an ageing team to rebuild after winning the CL that year. Ravenelli and Vialli went as well. They brought in Zidane and had the likes of Del Piero, Vieri and Inzaghi coming through. Sousa went to Italy (Inter) after (I think) only one season in Germany but his career gradually faded from then on. I think he had a few injuries. And aye, Rui Costa was class at Fiorentina. He had a great understanding there with Batistuta. Back when Italian football was really good.

He never hit the heights he was supposed to though and Rui Costa outshone him that Portsmouth baldy annoying bloke used to go on about it all the time.

Paulo Sousa?

He never hit the heights he was supposed to though and Rui Costa outshone him that Portsmouth baldy annoying bloke used to go on about it all the time.

Aye. I always got the feeling he couldn't really give a fuck and only turned it on when he wanted to (Sousa, that is).

Paulo Sousa?

Aye. I always got the feeling he couldn't really give a fuck and only turned it on when he wanted to (Sousa, that is).

You get that impression about him as a manager too. I used to hate all the big Italian teams (still do), when I used to watch Gazzetta I always wanted Sampdoria to win. One of the best game I saw was when Platt and Gullit were there, they were 0-2 down to Milan who hadn't lost in about 2 year, and they scored three in the last 10 mins to win 3-2.