Magpies set Barton fee

shackbleep

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe it when he signs it tbh.

My fear is that the club will want him to sign for less wage to fit into their new structure. He will want to sign for at least the same if not more given his form. I do think he would be snapped up by a few clubs given the opportunity.

Maybe am a bit daft but i dont see Barton making decisions about his next contract on the basis of money. It will come into it but i think he has a real affection for us and is grateful that we've stuck by him (the fans anyway have been fairly good to him considering). I think he wants to stay and may even take a small pay cut to do it. I doubt he will ask for any more anyway.

I am mainly talking through my arse today so maybe not.

I agree like, he's enjoying himself here and getting back to his best. We've stuck with him and he'll understand that his current wage is a bit more than everyone else is getting, suppose it will prove whether he's after the money or not when he's asked to take a cut.

Don't underestimate Barton's clamour for cash. Remember, we had to pay an extra 250k fee that was in dispute from Citeehhhh for him to come here in the first place. I'd be very surprised if he took a pay cut, especially given he is at a crucial age and potentially nearing his last years as a player.

I actually thought it was more like half a million but you make a good point either way. The only thing I would say is he might on the basis he won't get 60k a week elsewhere imo, even if he goes on a free in 18 months. Whether he's offered enough to stay is another matter though.

Don't underestimate Barton's clamour for cash. Remember, we had to pay an extra 250k fee that was in dispute from Citeehhhh for him to come here in the first place. I'd be very surprised if he took a pay cut, especially given he is at a crucial age and potentially nearing his last years as a player.

I agree he was the kind of guy to mug people off for as much as he could. I don't think he's the same guy and I think he holds us in far higher regard now, than he did then. We proved through our patience and support we're better than your avergae fan.

I agree he was the kind of guy to mug people off for as much as he could. I don't think he's the same guy and I think he holds us in far higher regard now, than he did then. We proved through our patience and support we're better than your avergae fan.

Why give him the benefit of the doubt? This is like getting with a lass whose vagina has been an open reservoir, home to every carbon-based life-form on the planet, and she says to you, batting her eyelids, 'Ooh I've changed, you can trust me.' Then you go out to get some groceries, come home and she's getting spit-roasted by the plumber and the milkman. A leopard doesn't change its spots. The same is true of Barton. Does he have the same agent? That is the real question. If you look at his agent and see his track record in negotiations you will get a truer picture of how Barton will handle his contract talks.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Why give him the benefit of the doubt? This is like getting with a lass who's vagina has been an open reservoir, home to every carbon-based life-form on the planet, and she says to you, batting her eyelids, 'Ooh I've changed, you can trust me.' Then you go out to get some groceries, come home and she's getting spit-roasted by the plumber and the milkman. A leopard doesn't change its spots. The same is true of Barton. Does he have the same agent? That is the real question. If you look at his agent and see his track record in negotiations you will get a truer picture of how Barton will handle his contract talks.

I believe Willie McKay is his agent...

Why give him the benefit of the doubt? This is like getting with a lass whose vagina has been an open reservoir, home to every carbon-based life-form on the planet, and she says to you, batting her eyelids, 'Ooh I've changed, you can trust me.' Then you go out to get some groceries, come home and she's getting spit-roasted by the plumber and the milkman. A leopard doesn't change its spots. The same is true of Barton. Does he have the same agent? That is the real question. If you look at his agent and see his track record in negotiations you will get a truer picture of how Barton will handle his contract talks.

I'd agree if we hadn't seen improvement (I mean improvements, he's by no means a different animal) on and off the pitch. In addition I think he does have an affection for the Newcastle fans. Greater even, I'd say, than Nolan.

I agree with a canny few of Fish's points he's come through a lot during his time here and maybe it has changed his views as to what's more important to him out of enjoying where he plays or simply cash. We'll soon find out I guess hopefully we can get him tied on a decent length deal.

RE improvements on and off the pitch: it's not like he could have got any worse is it? I think he's been perhaps our best player this season don't get me wrong, I'm just not naive about the decisions he is likely to make regarding his career and his future. Frankly I don't blame him either. I'll be flummoxed if he accepts a pay-cut, I hope you lot are right though.

As long as we get rid of fucking Smith I'll be satisfied.