Family fear for missing reveller

peasepud

_50530508_duncangibbon2.jpgThe family of a North Yorkshire man who went missing after a night out in Newcastle say they are becoming increasingly concerned for his safety.

Duncan Gibbon, 21, from Northallerton, was in the city celebrating a friend's 21st birthday on Saturday.

The last known sighting of Mr Gibbon was in Fever Bar at about midnight.

Mr Gibbon's mother Kate said she feared for the safety of her son if he was exposed to sub-zero temperatures for any length of time.

Police have described the disappearance as out of character and have appealed for anyone with information about his whereabouts to come forward.

'Very, very cold'

Mr Gibbon is described as white, of slim to medium build and 5ft 10in tall.

He has short straight brown hair, is clean-shaven, with a fresh complexion and blue eyes.

He was wearing blue denim jeans, a turquoise coloured T-shirt with black on the top and shoulders and a grey jacket.

Mrs Gibbon, who travelled to Tyneside to assist police, said: "It has been a very, very cold day and night and it's really frightening because you just can't survive outside in this kind of weather."

"So naturally we are very worried about his wellbeing and his safety.

It would be the best Christmas present ever to just know that he is safe."

Temporary Supt Geoff Logan, of Northumbria Police, said: "We are concerned for his welfare due to the length of time he has been missing and the cold weather conditions.

"It is imperative that anyone who saw him on Saturday night or has seen him since contacts us as soon as possible."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-12054446

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad. Young uns and booze. Parents nightmare.

I remember once unofficially being in charge of an office party around the quayside. One of the young office girls, about 21 at the time went missing and we all presumed she'd jumped in a taxi. (pre mobile phone everyday usage).

Turned out she was found wandering about three mile away minus her knickers.

It was a nightmare for everyone for about 24 hours while they "discovered" if she'd been raped. (police involved).

Luckily it turned out that she probably never put them back on after a drunken visit to the cubicle and then possibly got chucked out of a taxi for being sick.

Hope the lad turns up but doesnt look good.

I remember once unofficially being in charge of an office party around the quayside. One of the young office girls, about 21 at the time went missing and we all presumed she'd jumped in a taxi. (pre mobile phone everyday usage).

It was a nightmare for everyone for about 24 hours while they "discovered" if she'd been raped. (police involved).

Luckily it turned out that she probably never put them back on after a drunken visit to the cubicle and then possibly got chucked out of a taxi for being sick.

:nah:

Btw, I'm never one of those who subsribes to the view lasses are 'asking for it' but they leave themselves so vulnerable to attacks at times, it's scary. Similar applies to lads and the states they get into on the booze I suppose. Especially teenagers.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Btw, I'm never one of those who subsribes to the view lasses are 'asking for it' but they leave themselves so vulnerable to attacks at times, it's scary. Similar applies to lads and the states they get into on the booze I suppose. Especially teenagers.

Too true. I put myself in a situation in London 11 or 12 years ago, where if I had've been murdered or stabbed I would've only had myself to blame.

Who was the prime suspect?

:lol:

As a father of three girls and a taxi driver it never ceases to amaze / scare me the state young girls get into.

I regularly take out and pick up girls as young as 15 who are away with the fairies, legs akimbo, breasts out, the works. Luckily the taxi trade is pretty well regulated up here but down south with the private hire drivers ...... fucking hell.

Then there are the same girls in the same states that some 30 / 40 year old pro has picked up to take home.

I once had this girl whimpering in a drunken phase to "help get her home" while her newly met "one night stand" was at the cash point. Usually its the safest bet not to get involved but on this occasion I did and when we got to his I told him she was going home.

Not a pleasant scene for a few minutes, but it was the right decision and she always thanks me whenever I pick her up. :nah:

For me genoa was the scariest place when while drunk me and me mate went into a ladies emporium only to find outselves to be trapped by what I can only describe as the local mafia. Of course I was very, very drunk. :nah:

Who was the prime suspect?

Not guilty, I was too busy trying to get her mate pissed but it didnt work. Come to think of it, maybe they swapped drinks? would explain it all now. :angry2:

As a father of three girls and a taxi driver it never ceases to amaze / scare me the state young girls get into.

I regularly take out and pick up girls as young as 15 who are away with the fairies, legs akimbo, breasts out, the works. Luckily the taxi trade is pretty well regulated up here but down south with the private hire drivers ...... fucking hell.

Then there are the same girls in the same states that some 30 / 40 year old pro has picked up to take home.

I once had this girl whimpering in a drunken phase to "help get her home" while her newly met "one night stand" was at the cash point. Usually its the safest bet not to get involved but on this occasion I did and when we got to his I told him she was going home.

Not a pleasant scene for a few minutes, but it was the right decision and she always me a quick blow job whenever I pick her up. :nah:

FYP

Not a pleasant scene for a few minutes, but it was the right decision and she always thanks me whenever I pick her up. :nah:

Been in the exact same situation a couple of times.

I just drove off, leaving blokey at the cash point. Radioed in to the office telling them the score and drop the lass off.

I'd recommend this way.

I just drove off, leaving blokey at the cash point. Radioed in to the office telling them the score and drop the lass off.

I'd recommend this way.

More fare his way though :angry2:

:nah: Hope he's safe. If he's fallen in the river he's fucked.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

First thing that crossed my mind too. Very sad.

My brother went out of his house after midnight on sunday to have a smoke and spotted a lad who'd fallen in the snow. He was so drunk he couldn't get back up and didn't know where he was. It's a fairly quiet road, so I'm guessing that if my bro hadn't spotted him hypothermia would have got him. Also, a friend of mine was on their work night out on saturday. As they were all getting on the mini-bus to come back, one of the lasses who was absolutely wrecked projectile-vomited over the hair and coats of the two women sat in the front seats, proper Little Britain style. She turned up for work on monday as if nothing had happened!

A few years ago a young lad died of hypothermia walking home on New Year's Eve. I think it was Cramlington way. The lad couldn't get a taxi and phoned his Dad, but his Dad had had a canny drink so he said he couldn't pick him up. There was a canny bit of snow on the ground at the time. Anyway, they found the lad's body in a field a couple of days later. Apparently one of the symptoms is you feel tired so presumably he'd had a lie down to rest and never woke up again. Always sticks in my mind as a particularly tragic set of circumstances. Probably because it's the sort of stupid thing I would've done..

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
:lol: Hope he's safe. If he's fallen in the river he's fucked.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

First thing that crossed my mind too. Very sad.

My brother went out of his house after midnight on sunday to have a smoke and spotted a lad who'd fallen in the snow. He was so drunk he couldn't get back up and didn't know where he was. It's a fairly quiet road, so I'm guessing that if my bro hadn't spotted him hypothermia would have got him. Also, a friend of mine was on their work night out on saturday. As they were all getting on the mini-bus to come back, one of the lasses who was absolutely wrecked projectile-vomited over the hair and coats of the two women sat in the front seats, proper Little Britain style. She turned up for work on monday as if nothing had happened!

What do you want her to dee like? Hand herself in to the police? Office christmas parties are like that a lot, you get up to all sorts then hardly talk to people for the next 12 month.

I'd recommend this way.

Steady on, depends who's paying :angry2: Cah first.