Family fear for missing reveller

peasepud

The problems are that there are adverts on the tv and radio telling people to drink responsibly and not have too much then soon as you go in a bar in town it's 'Push the button' 'Free shots' etc.

I remember when at college I got man of the match (dynamic, forward thinking rightback!!!!) and had to have a MOTM drink in the college bar. A top shelf mixture topped with caffreys, stella, milk and guinness. I was 16 and absolutely fucked. Disgraceful behaviour making me have it, tbf.

I've passed the stage where I go out to get smashed, I prefer a few sociables, indians then tucked up in my scratcher no later than 1. Sad, but neccessary imo.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry2: Hope he's safe. If he's fallen in the river he's fucked.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

First thing that crossed my mind too. Very sad.

My brother went out of his house after midnight on sunday to have a smoke and spotted a lad who'd fallen in the snow. He was so drunk he couldn't get back up and didn't know where he was. It's a fairly quiet road, so I'm guessing that if my bro hadn't spotted him hypothermia would have got him. Also, a friend of mine was on their work night out on saturday. As they were all getting on the mini-bus to come back, one of the lasses who was absolutely wrecked projectile-vomited over the hair and coats of the two women sat in the front seats, proper Little Britain style. She turned up for work on monday as if nothing had happened!

:nah:

What do you want her to dee like? Hand herself in to the police? Office christmas parties are like that a lot, you get up to all sorts then hardly talk to people for the next 12 month.

She could at least offer to get their clobber dry-cleaned. Or buy them a bottle of shampoo each :lol:

Very sad. Young uns and booze. Parents nightmare.

I remember once unofficially being in charge of an office party around the quayside. One of the young office girls, about 21 at the time went missing and we all presumed she'd jumped in a taxi. (pre mobile phone everyday usage).

Turned out she was found wandering about three mile away minus her knickers.

It was a nightmare for everyone for about 24 hours while they "discovered" if she'd been raped. (police involved).

Luckily it turned out that she probably never put them back on after a drunken visit to the cubicle and then possibly got chucked out of a taxi for being sick.

Hope the lad turns up but doesnt look good.

:lol:

Btw, I'm never one of those who subsribes to the view lasses are 'asking for it' but they leave themselves so vulnerable to attacks at times, it's scary. Similar applies to lads and the states they get into on the booze I suppose. Especially teenagers.

As a father of three girls and a taxi driver it never ceases to amaze / scare me the state young girls get into.

I regularly take out and pick up girls as young as 15 who are away with the fairies, legs akimbo, breasts out, the works. Luckily the taxi trade is pretty well regulated up here but down south with the private hire drivers ...... fucking hell.

Then there are the same girls in the same states that some 30 / 40 year old pro has picked up to take home.

I once had this girl whimpering in a drunken phase to "help get her home" while her newly met "one night stand" was at the cash point. Usually its the safest bet not to get involved but on this occasion I did and when we got to his I told him she was going home.

Not a pleasant scene for a few minutes, but it was the right decision and she always thanks me whenever I pick her up. :nah:

Been in the exact same situation a couple of times.

I just drove off, leaving blokey at the cash point. Radioed in to the office telling them the score and drop the lass off.

I'd recommend this way.

Steady on, depends who's paying :angry2: Cah first.

Did I say I didn't rape the shit out of her?

Rifle the handbag before discarding obv.

Very sad. Young uns and booze. Parents nightmare.

I remember once unofficially being in charge of an office party around the quayside. One of the young office girls, about 21 at the time went missing and we all presumed she'd jumped in a taxi. (pre mobile phone everyday usage).

Turned out she was found wandering about three mile away minus her knickers.

It was a nightmare for everyone for about 24 hours while they "discovered" if she'd been raped. (police involved).

Luckily it turned out that she probably never put them back on after a drunken visit to the cubicle and then possibly got chucked out of a taxi for being sick.

Hope the lad turns up but doesnt look good.

:lol:

Btw, I'm never one of those who subsribes to the view lasses are 'asking for it' but they leave themselves so vulnerable to attacks at times, it's scary. Similar applies to lads and the states they get into on the booze I suppose. Especially teenagers.

As a father of three girls and a taxi driver it never ceases to amaze / scare me the state young girls get into.

I regularly take out and pick up girls as young as 15 who are away with the fairies, legs akimbo, breasts out, the works. Luckily the taxi trade is pretty well regulated up here but down south with the private hire drivers ...... fucking hell.

Then there are the same girls in the same states that some 30 / 40 year old pro has picked up to take home.

I once had this girl whimpering in a drunken phase to "help get her home" while her newly met "one night stand" was at the cash point. Usually its the safest bet not to get involved but on this occasion I did and when we got to his I told him she was going home.

Not a pleasant scene for a few minutes, but it was the right decision and she always thanks me whenever I pick her up. :nah:

Been in the exact same situation a couple of times.

I just drove off, leaving blokey at the cash point. Radioed in to the office telling them the score and drop the lass off.

I'd recommend this way.

Steady on, depends who's paying :angry2: Cah first.

Did I say I didn't rape the shit out of her?

Rifle the handbag before discarding obv.

Good lad, image to keep up and all that :)

Your sons a taxi driver? bloody hell start em young mate.

I regularly take out and pick up girls as young as 15 who are away with the fairies, legs akimbo, breasts out, the works.

You have no shame, bragging about it on a message board. :nah:

At my mother-in-laws Christmas do just gone one of the lads got a taxi pissed but capable and realised he'd lost his wallet. Told the Taxi Driver pretty much as soon as he realised and asked if he could get dropped off at his mates who would give him the cash. Taxi driver said fine, then drove him to an industrial estate, stopped the car, and told him he'd have to pay 'in kind.' He managed to leg it and has reported it to the coppers like. I don't know how much of it was a serious and potentially dangerous scenario and how much was it some taxi driver on the wind up - as he knew he'd run and decided it was a wasted journey and a good way to get rid of him.

At my mother-in-laws Christmas do just gone one of the lads got a taxi pissed but capable and realised he'd lost his wallet. Told the Taxi Driver pretty much as soon as he realised and asked if he could get dropped off at his mates who would give him the cash. Taxi driver said fine, then drove him to an industrial estate, stopped the car, and told him he'd have to pay 'in kind.' He managed to leg it and has reported it to the coppers like. I don't know how much of it was a serious and potentially dangerous scenario and how much was it some taxi driver on the wind up - as he knew he'd run and decided it was a wasted journey and a good way to get rid of him.

I was deadly serious :nah:

Your sons a taxi driver? bloody hell start em young mate.

I regularly take out and pick up girls as young as 15 who are away with the fairies, legs akimbo, breasts out, the works.

You have no shame, bragging about it on a message board. :lol:

:nah:

Agree with some of the stuff in the thread about the state people get themselves in. When you drive along the bottom of the Bigg Market, and people are walking along like zombies, right along the edge of the kerb, inches from cars bombing past and they can barely stand up, how there aren't loads of people knocked down and killed is beyond me.

I was stopped in a queue at the traffic lights leading down to the bottom of grey st recently, where Sound Control used to be, and there was a bloke stood in the doorway across the street. He was leant against the wall facing down the hill towards the traffic light, pissed as owt, eyes shut, legs together, and he kept pitching forward and just leaning right on the edge of falling over, and slowly pulling himself back upright. He had his hands in his pockets, and if he'd gone down he would have smashed his head open. I kept watching, thinking this time he's gonna fucking go and actually getting a knot in my stomach thinking about the damage he was gonna do, but he was like a pissed version of Michael Jackson in the Smooth Operator video, he just kept pulling himself back from the brink.

I just dont see the point in getting in that state. I've drank as most probably have and hoyed up numerous times as a young'un. But even then I always knew when I'd had enough. Always lept fairly composed. Just used to hit me when I went to bed (spinning room till I puked). These days I much prefer a few pints, bite to eat and a laugh. Ideally in a real pub.

The problems are that there are adverts on the tv and radio telling people to drink responsibly and not have too much then soon as you go in a bar in town it's 'Push the button' 'Free shots' etc.

I remember when at college I got man of the match (dynamic, forward thinking rightback!!!!) and had to have a MOTM drink in the college bar. A top shelf mixture topped with caffreys, stella, milk and guinness. I was 16 and absolutely fucked. Disgraceful behaviour making me have it, tbf.

I've passed the stage where I go out to get smashed, I prefer a few sociables, indians then tucked up in my scratcher no later than 1. Sad, but neccessary imo.

They tried that with me while I was at uni. I simply told them to fuck off :nah:

I wonder how much of kids drinking is down to peer pressure? For all the joking that goes on on here there is still the underlying feeling that 'theres something wrong with that laddy' cos I don't drink.

I used to get teased to fuck about it as a teenager, as if I was a wrong un cos I would go clubbing and not drink at the same time. Must have some effect on kids who just want to fit in.

I hope to God my kids only drink socially and not to get smashed.

Theres rumblings that it might be more than a pissed reveller falling in the river.

According to reports earlier the group he was with got into an argument with another group of lads in Fever, the other lot were kicked out and a couple of minutes later his mates left but in two groups. Both lots thought he was with the others.

Theres rumblings that it might be more than a pissed reveller falling in the river.

According to reports earlier the group he was with got into an argument with another group of lads in Fever, the other lot were kicked out and a couple of minutes later his mates left but in two groups. Both lots thought he was with the others.

Dont know whats worse, knowing that he froze to death cos he was pissed, or knowing he died as a result of a fight.

Horrible for his folks either way

RIP.

I think I must have been close to drinking myself to death once. I was so ill and I know it's normal to not remember much but I didn't remember anything at all. I drunk stupid amounts, it was only a Sunday too and I was just downing massive drinks (something like triple TVRs) one after the other. I apparently left the pub around 4pm but the only thing I remember was waking up the next day around 9am, don't remember the journey home, getting in, going to bed anything.

As said, people will read that and think "yeah I never remember that stuff" but this was different to any other memory loss from drink.

For me genoa was the scariest place when while drunk me and me mate went into a ladies emporium only to find outselves to be trapped by what I can only describe as the local mafia. Of course I was very, very drunk. :nah:

Having been to Genoa, I'm calling bs on this one. :lol:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

They tried that with me while I was at uni. I simply told them to fuck off :nah:

I wonder how much of kids drinking is down to peer pressure? For all the joking that goes on on here there is still the underlying feeling that 'theres something wrong with that laddy' cos I don't drink.

I used to get teased to fuck about it as a teenager, as if I was a wrong un cos I would go clubbing and not drink at the same time. Must have some effect on kids who just want to fit in.

I hope to God my kids only drink socially and not to get smashed.

Having a drink is nice though. When I was about 14, honestly, I used to love the taste of lager, a lot used to admit they didn't and just drunk for the sake of it. I got a real fetish for McEwan's Lager, they don't sell it now, but part of the pleasure of getting pissed was the taste of the beer, but I agree a lot fall in to the peer pressure trap. Some of my mates wouldn't go clubbing without any drugs in the past let alone beer on board but each to their own.

Oh and stop using my sayings.

By the way I know we've touched on this before, but where the fuck is the river under High Bridge??? How do you get to it? Is it like under Turks and that area?

The river, The Lort Burn, runs down Grey Street Stevie.

High Bridge St. Is named after the bridge which crossed it , before the river was culverted to build Grey Street.

The original bridge is still there, incorporated into the culvert.