teen banned from wearing a crucifix

Jimbo

Alas, all is not as it seems and I think Bluestar has summed it up nicely. The rule was no bling, and as much as this lass wants to argue she was wearing it for religious purposes, I'm inclined to think she's talking utter shite.  :lol: I'm sure if her mother had gone to the school and proved she was a devout church going Catholic then they would have relented. A typical Daily Mail scaremongering story to try and frighten old people into thinking all non-whites are going to kill them in the name of Allah.

65348[/snapback]

Exactly my take on the story, what a pile of typical Daily Mail bollocks. Just back from holiday and sadly the Daily Mail was just about the best paper available, and it was absolutely full of shite stories like, and including, this one. For instance, apparently I, as a fully paid up member od the liberal elite sandalista brigade, am up in arms about the Christian imagery in the Lion the Witch and the Wardobe film. Am I hell - it was one of my favourite books as a kid even if the allegory was as subtle as a sladgehammer. I'm looking forward to it. Really, the Mail have become so obsessed with hating Labour and the so-called liberals they are just becoming a joke.

For the record LM, do we actually live in a Cristian country, and are State schools Cristian? I don't think so, last time I checked we were largely secular - how many people are actually practising Christians? All religion is damaging imo, and I would completely abolish any religious imagery from schools. If people want to practice their faith, be it jewish, muslim, hindu, sikh or christian, let them do it in their spare time.

While having a meal when I was away, some god botherer said I was going to be tortured for eternity in hell for not sharing his faith in Jesus. Nice person. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[Exactly my take on the story, what a pile of typical Daily Mail bollocks. Just back from holiday and sadly the Daily Mail was just about the best paper available, and it was absolutely full of shite stories like, and including, this one. For instance, apparently I, as a fully paid up member od the liberal elite sandalista brigade, am up in arms about the Christian imagery in the Lion the Witch and the Wardobe film. Am I hell - it was one of my favourite books as a kid even if the allegory was as subtle as a sladgehammer. I'm looking forward to it. Really, the Mail have become so obsessed with hating Labour and the so-called liberals they are just becoming a joke.

For the record LM, do we actually live in a Cristian country, and are State schools Cristian? I don't think so, last time I checked we were largely secular - how many people are actually practising Christians? All religion is damaging imo, and I would completely abolish any religious imagery from schools. If people want to practice their faith, be it jewish, muslim, hindu, sikh or christian, let them do it in their spare time.

While having a meal when I was away, some god botherer said I was going to be tortured for eternity in hell for not sharing his faith in Jesus. Nice person.  :lol:

65407[/snapback]

What, no toilet roll? Where the fuck were you?!

I always thought the UK was secular, too. That's not a bad thing.

Nice lady, killing her relatives to meet someone.

64890[/snapback]

:lol: Wrong thread surely?

64891[/snapback]

Errr yeah sorry, must have had this site open on two windows.

Anyway, I am a Christian, but that is because I choose to, so I do not keep it for my spare time, but I keep it to myself and disagree on thrusting religion upon anyone. People are free to have their own views on religion, but what is pretty laughable is when they say it should be banned because it's useless and full of lies etc. so we must change our beliefs because of it.

Edited by TheInspiration

it was Sikhs not Muslims

I don't think Moslems have "religous symbols"

65323[/snapback]

There's a difference? :lol:

65329[/snapback]

I'll send round some sikh's and they wil explain the difference

PS ever noticed how people like the BNP pick on bangladeshis and W Indians but seem to steer clear of Sikh's? Might it be because they come out fighting????

Edited by Rob W

PS ever noticed how people like the BNP pick on bangladeshis and W Indians but seem to steer clear of Sikh's?  Might it be because they come out fighting????

65762[/snapback]

Maybe it's a "common enemy" thing. Some white supremecists in the US have alligned themselves with radical sikhs groups because they share the vitrolic hatred of muslims. They've also lauded more moderate Sikhs as an example of a people who can live in America without blowing people up/taking their jobs/exploiting their wellfare/raping their women/whatever you want to blame immigrants for. Although I think the latter could be them just picking a smaller, less prominant group to claim they don't have a problem with in order to deny their racism is not based simply on xenophobia, but on genuine concern - a "I'm not racist, I've got a black friend!" defence if you like. "If we were just racists for the sake of it we'd hate Sikhs as well, that proves it's only because the muslims are doing X Y Z."

I don't doubt that if muslims suddenly vanished from the US, the Sikhs would be some of the next in line for the lions share of the bigotry, but hate groups often switch the main object of their 'affection' depending on who they can justify their hatred for best.

Amongst the ground level un-suited BNP knuckle draggers over here, however, they probably don't even think there's a difference.

I've always though that Sikhs go around as if they belong - even if they do wear a turban etc - plus you know (or guess) they won't take any shit from some 17 year old charva

I've always though that Sikhs go around as if they belong - even if they do wear a turban etc - plus you know (or guess) they won't take any shit  from some 17 year old charva

65775[/snapback]

It's a curious fact that Sikhs tend to be quite "hard" like. Try stealing their turban - they will literally kill you.

I've always though that Sikhs go around as if they belong - even if they do wear a turban etc - plus you know (or guess) they won't take any shit  from some 17 year old charva

65775[/snapback]

It's a curious fact that Sikhs tend to be quite "hard" like. Try stealing their turban - they will literally kill you.

65786[/snapback]

All black people are good dancers :lol:

65775[/snapback]

65786[/snapback]

65788[/snapback]

Massive cocks an' arl.

65775[/snapback]

65786[/snapback]

All black people are good dancers ;)

65788[/snapback]

Massive cocks an' arl.

65790[/snapback]

In your experience? :lol::lol:

65775[/snapback]

65786[/snapback]

65788[/snapback]

Massive cocks an' arl.

65790[/snapback]

:lol:

OK, from my experience, people who are Sikhs are nails. I realise I shouldn't generalise like.

I have no idea if black people have big cocks or not though.

A bit like Gurkhas - a few years back some chavs near Aldershot picked on a these little brown guys in the pub......................

ERROR!!!!

65798[/snapback]

Rob was there when it happened buying a commerative t-shirt. FACT!

So, is it racist to say Sikhs are quite hard in a fight? :lol:

65826[/snapback]

No but it's gay to know that they've got big hard cocks you mincer!

65832[/snapback]

Hey, I never said that, get your facts right!

So, is it racist to say Sikhs are quite hard in a fight? :lol:

65826[/snapback]

No but it's gay to know that they've got big hard cocks you mincer!

65832[/snapback]

Hey, I never said that, get your facts right!

65834[/snapback]

I got there by extrapolation.