Who is your favourite non-newcastle player

Holden McGroin

delpiero_166332s.jpg

Overrated as fuck after his injury.

It took him the best part of 7 years to gain some consistent form anywhere near the level he was at before he did his cruciate in at Udinese.

On a similar note to Del Piero, the most overated player I've seen and heard good things about must surely be Totti of Roma and Italy. I think he's their Beckham but not quite as good as the half decent Beckham once was.

On a similar note to Del Piero, the most overated player I've seen and heard good things about must surely be Totti of Roma and Italy. I think he's their Beckham but not quite as good as the half decent Beckham once was.

He's a totally different player to Beckham.

Beckham was never as technically gifted as Totti. Yet Totti would never work as hard as Beckham did.

The formation Roma peaked with a few years ago with Totti as the main striker was a work of genius.

Beckham was never as technically gifted as Totti. Yet Totti would never work as hard as Beckham did.

The formation Roma peaked with a few years ago with Totti as the main striker was a work of genius.

Every time I've ever saw him for either Roma or Italy he's looked pretty average to put it mildly, then again, I don't get to see Roma that much.

I compared him to Beckham as they were both the 'Goldenball's' of their countries.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Every time I've ever saw him for either Roma or Italy he's looked pretty average to put it mildly, then again, I don't get to see Roma that much.

He's never really done it on the big stage (barring Euro 2000), but over the years he's been brilliant for Roma.

probably Eusebio and Johan Cruyff [can't be bothered to think of any British ones, because they played too well against the toon so I hated them but admired them at the same time]

Ok. The first ever player that I was infatuated with - for want of a better word - was a player called Willie Carlin. He played against Newcastle for Carlisle, and I thought he was great. Later he signed for Brian Clough at Derby, and was eventually replaced in the Derby team by Archie Gemmill.

Speaking of Derby, another player in that team was Alan Hinton, one of the best wingers and crossers of a ball from either flank with either foot you ever saw.

I suppose you could also now mention Brian Clough, but he played for the mackems and it was before my time. I'm only glad he and his mate never managed them.

Retired: Robbie Fowler

(ok, so Robbie isnt technically retired but he plays in Oz so might as well be)

Saw him play on Wednesday night. Perth Glory (my local team) are having shit season, but seeing Fowler score a scorcher only a few metres away is something very thrilling.

current: xavi or Iniesta

retired: savicevic or prosinecki

I've chosen players i've wanted to emulate from the past and the players that do what i do on a football field nowadays in the present.

if i'd have chosen a forward stevies choices would have been my players. van basten was a great great player and fat ronaldo's still good enough. class being permanent and all that.

It's got to be Messi currently. The ability he's got and the way he plays the game is just a joy to watch.

Retired... probably Zola, for the reasons above. Such ability, but without the arrogance some players have.

Ok. The first ever player that I was infatuated with - for want of a better word - was a player called Willie Carlin. He played against Newcastle for Carlisle, and I thought he was great. Later he signed for Brian Clough at Derby, and was eventually replaced in the Derby team by Archie Gemmill.

Speaking of Derby, another player in that team was Alan Hinton, one of the best wingers and crossers of a ball from either flank with either foot you ever saw.

I suppose you could also now mention Brian Clough, but he played for the mackems and it was before my time. I'm only glad he and his mate never managed them.

I think some people just want to be different.

People know who he played for, no need to write that, i know what your trying to do.