Best Xmas Present / Worst Present

Christmas Tree

Started playing on the young'uns xbox game 'Legends of the Guardian' today. It's canny good tbf. Basically just a racing owl who fights. Lego Harry Potters been getting an airing aswell. Decent.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best - Fisheye lens for me camcorder

Worst - 3 pair of kegs from george. £3.50 pricetag still on.

I since got this...

AccessoriesMultimediaWestern%20DigitalTV%20Live.jpg

which is canny.....doesn't seem to play m4a's though :rolleyes:

got my parents one of those to save me the endless explanations of how to share dvds/burn avis to disc etc.

got it flashed with custom firmware and linked to my fileserver so when they browse the folders on the wdtv it comes up like this instead of the normal list.

The%20Good%20The%20Bad%20and%20The%20Ugly_sheet.jpg

:lol:

*Googles "custom firmware wd live tv"*

Ta.

so let me get this right, they stream movies which you have on your computer, saved in a specific folder through your tv in hd, you can download anything you want and place it in this folder. am i right or wrong?

Edited by Kevin

so let me get this right, they stream movies which you have on your computer, saved in a specific folder through your tv in hd, you can download anything you want and place it in this folder. am i right or wrong?

Correct. You little shit.

Someone answer my questions. :lol:

Just download TVersity for free. Does the same without the fancy front end

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/storage/2...player-review/1

(review of the older one but six of one really)

TVersity doesn't work anywhere near as well tbh plus it means running a pc/htpc nonstop i'd say most people would hook up a passive/powered external drive to the wdtv rather than my setup, but being a geek i've a watercooled fileserver and the house running on two networks that can access it.

That hacked firmware lets you download torrents and such on it as well if ya wanted, not played with it much but got it all setup and going fairly quickly.

Its got a usb port and supports a fair amount of wireless dongles and you can hook up external drives etc if you want.

You can use network shares on it, or map drives to it.

Handles mkv's etc no problem seen the kid bro watching 300 on it, has a youtube channel and couple other ones i've not looked at.

and it's tiny...it's like 10cm wide/long and 4cm in depth, which tends to be the dealbreaker for most people when it comes to htpc's in their living room or whatever.

If i didn't have a dnla server built into my new TV i'd pick up another for my room tbh

Torrents went out with Bearshare dude!

www.4megaupload.com

Search for a movie, preview in Megavideo and then download in 20mins.

Good index here

http://oneclickmoviez.com/

TVersity doesn't work anywhere near as well tbh plus it means running a pc/htpc nonstop i'd say most people would hook up a passive/powered external drive to the wdtv rather than my setup, but being a geek i've a watercooled fileserver and the house running on two networks that can access it.

That hacked firmware lets you download torrents and such on it as well if ya wanted, not played with it much but got it all setup and going fairly quickly.

Its got a usb port and supports a fair amount of wireless dongles and you can hook up external drives etc if you want.

Handles mkv's etc no problem seen the kid bro watching 300 on it, has a youtube channel and couple other ones i've not looked at.

and it's tiny...it's like 10cm wide/long and 4cm in depth, which tends to be the dealbreaker for most people when it comes to htpc's in their living room or whatever.

If i didn't have a dnla server built into my new TV i'd pick up another for my room tbh

www.4megaupload.com

Good index here

Mainly use torrents for the american tv shows, I've mine setup to an RSS feed for the shows I watch, means I don't even have to search/queue them up.

Whenever House/Boardwalk etc appears in the states the fileserver automatically downloads them and moves/renames them to the proper directories.

Fuck! I wish I wasn't such a mong with computers.

I'll check out that link KD.

www.4megaupload.com

Good index here

all about the streaming divx these days, mr bleeding edge ;)

I streamed movies/shows for a bit but sometimes it'd slow down to buffer and piss me off.

At the minute I just d/l from btjunkie and drop onto my media drive.

Lash that up, if you don't mind Ant.