The Reserves

Christmas Tree

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a reminder that the reserves play Arsenal at St James on Wednesday night, Kick Off 7pm

The East Stand is open and admission is FREE to all.

Apparently this is the first public home reserve game since September.

Might be a nice cheap Wednesday night out, particularly for anyone with young'uns in tow.

• 2 weeks later...
Perch just got sent off just before HT vs Man United, what a bellend.

He wont have done much to improve his situation by doing that! What an idiot especially when he might have even got in the team due to injuries and suspensions. Does the red card mean he can't play in Premiership matches - if so thats 3 matches he will miss. Though then again he may be no loss and don't think he even made the bench against Stoke! Though the reserves lost 2-1, Michael Richardson scored, think he might be a good prospect for the future.

He wont have done much to improve his situation by doing that! What an idiot especially when he might have even got in the team due to injuries and suspensions. Does the red card mean he can't play in Premiership matches - if so thats 3 matches he will miss. Though then again he may be no loss and don't think he even made the bench against Stoke! Though the reserves lost 2-1, Michael Richardson scored, think he might be a good prospect for the future.

Just out of curiosity....how many proper gingers have made it to be good or class players?

I can only think of Paul Scholes.

Just out of curiosity....how many proper gingers have made it to be good or class players?

Alan Ball?

Know something we don't, Alex? Are we signing Alexi Lalas?

No ITK or anything but I could see the rumours of Enrique off to Milan / Liverpool and Riise being his replacement being true.

Strachan, Colin Hendry, Gordon McQueen, our very own Killa Kilcline

• 1 month later...
NEWCASTLE UNITED reserves strolled to a 4-0 win over Blyth Spartans in the Sage Northumberland Senior Cup final at St James' Park with several Toon young guns catching the eye during a resounding win.

Goals from Phil Airey (2), Michael Richardson and a wonder strike from James Tavernier set up the victory and it could easily have been an even heavier scoreline for the Magpies.

Toon assistant manager John Carver watched on from the stands with a couple of places in the squad for Chelsea this weekend up for grabs.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1M7RqKRqA

Dont know anything about the lad and not suggesting he's first team material, but this lad Airey seems to be knocking the goals in and getting talked about quite a bit.

Anyone seen him play?

Guest alex

Kuqi only gets about 30 seconds of running in treacle per match so I don't see how it's more beneficial having him in instead of some young kid.

Kuqi only gets about 30 seconds of running in treacle per match so I don't see how it's more beneficial having him in instead of some young kid.

Maybes i'm looking at this wrongly, but I would of thought that the young players you want to keep in the reserves, get them games and see how they develop before thrusting them into the limelight of a full squad which could very well hamper their development....

Saying that, I'm no authority on it so

Guest alex

Maybes i'm looking at this wrongly, but I would of thought that the young players you want to keep in the reserves, get them games and see how they develop before thrusting them into the limelight of a full squad which could very well hamper their development....

Saying that, I'm no authority on it so

Why not do both? I can see why Kuqi was signed (i.e. if we're really desperate) but what's the point in having him on the bench? As he isn't going to make an impact. Especially when you've already got Ranger on the bench, as has frequently been the case. It's not like there are loads of reserve games or they clash with 1st team games either.

Edited by alex