First 11 --- What do you think we'll be putting out in March

Christmas Tree

A few on the mend, some good uns already and some gossip of new arrivals.

Where will they play and who will miss out.

I dont think too much will happen with the back five and allowing for williamson or Taylor, it will possibly be.

Harper

Simpson Taylor Colochini Enrique

This is where it could get very interesting and exciting. The team I would like to see run out is.

Bentley Barton Tiote LuaLua

Carroll Ben Arfa

(Prefer Barton the right but assuming Bentley arrives.)

No room for Nolan? Gosling?

Is there any other way to get Gosling in?

And LuaLua is out for a long time with a broken leg. Given you're probably his biggest (by virtue of probably being the only one) fan, shouldn't you know this?

a. learn to have some fun, go on :(

b. Read the thread title properly :icon_lol:

a.) I'm trying to let you down gently. He's not that good and he's yet to prove himself at this level.

b.) I did, do you think he'll be back by March? Even if he made it back by then he'd probably get shipped off back to Brighton to get the games in.

And LuaLua is out for a long time with a broken leg. Given you're probably his biggest (by virtue of probably being the only one) fan, shouldn't you know this?

a. learn to have some fun, go on :(

b. Read the thread title properly :icon_lol:

a.) I'm trying to let you down gently. He's not that good and he's yet to prove himself at this level.

I was on about having a go at picking your 11

b.) I did, do you think he'll be back by March? Even if he made it back by then he'd probably get shipped off back to Brighton to get the games in.

He may well be shipped off again but on toontastic, he stays put.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Tbf, you said "What do you THINK we'll be putting out in March?" Do you actually think we'll be putting Lua Lua out?

It'll be the same as now but with Ben Arfa floating about.

Sitting here babysitting with nowt better to do.....

I was weighing up the inclusion of Ben Arfa and Gosling for starters and thinking how the team will line up with them two added. I think its fair to say that some a recruit(s) will probably join, so I was leaving a bit of poetic licence.

If Lua Lua is match fit and Jonas is no better, then I would have no hesitation about giving him a go.

Some have talked about Ben Arfa on the left but I think he might be best playing just behind Carrol.

Just trying to get an idea oh how we might fit them all in.

Nee Ferguson in your starting 11? Why the ejaculation over LuaLua?

I'd have Harper, Jose, Collo, Willo, Simpson, Barton, Tiote, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Carroll and Shola.

Or as we're the entertainers now, Ben Arfa in goal playing rush, Barton as a lone centre back with Messi, Kaka et al in a 9 man attack.

If we get a decent striker in, I'd play him and Carroll up front with Ben Arfa on the left and Barton on the right. Tiote and Nolan in the centre. Williamson should replace S. Taylor, who should be beaten savagely trained until he learns that defenders should defend first and appeal/point/playact later.

If we keep the same crop of strikers (some in the very loosest sense of the word) that we have now, I'd want Ben Arfa behind Carroll and Jonas in for him on the left, rest of the lineup to remain the same.

But what I say doesn't matter, since the actual purpose of this topic is not to discuss potential first XIs but to give CT another opportunity to big up a player (LuaLua) whose play he's probably never seen more than 30 minutes of and to have another whinge about how shit Jonas is.

I'd have Harper, Jose, Collo, Willo, Simpson, Barton, Tiote, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Carroll and Shola.

Or as we're the entertainers now, Ben Arfa in goal playing rush, Barton as a lone centre back with Messi, Kaka et al in a 9 man attack.

So no room for Gosling and Ben Arfa stuck out on the wing?

If we get a decent striker in, I'd play him and Carroll up front with Ben Arfa on the left and Barton on the right. Tiote and Nolan in the centre. Williamson should replace S. Taylor, who should be beaten savagely trained until he learns that defenders should defend first and appeal/point/playact later.

If we keep the same crop of strikers (some in the very loosest sense of the word) that we have now, I'd want Ben Arfa behind Carroll and Jonas in for him on the left, rest of the lineup to remain the same.

But what I say doesn't matter, since the actual purpose of this topic is not to discuss potential first XIs but to give CT another opportunity to big up a player (LuaLua) whose play he's probably never seen more than 30 minutes of and to have another whinge about how shit Jonas is.

I admit defeat in this thread, whose purpose was simply to juggle around a few players as set out EXTREMELY CLEARLY in the OP and see how people thought we would fit Ben Arfa and Dan Gosling and possibly 1 or 2 signings into our team in a few months time. How it may look compared to now and whether people would be looking to play Ben Arfa purely for Jonas or in more of a free role behind Carroll.

Too many on here in need of a good shag. :icon_lol:

So no room for Gosling and Ben Arfa stuck out on the wing?

Not seen nowt of Gosling yet so aint got a clue on him 'cos he's been injured so, no, I'd keep Nolan and Tiote in. Aye Ben Arfa on the left linking up with the attackers. If he can be 'stuck out on the left' like Bale does I'd be more than happy.