Spurs to bid 30mil for Carroll

Kevin

I would be interested if PP would link to these so called statements saying we were going to buy young future stars and then sell them when they come good.

I can't recall it.

Not sure about what they said....because whatever they come out with is bollocks 90% of the time anyway. But a young lad like Bassong bought for nothing and on one of the lowest wages at the club being sold for profit suggests they have no qualms about selling our best young players. It could hardly be included in clearing out the dead wood.

He wanted to leave because we got relegated man, not because we wanted to sell our best young players. Unbelievable that people include the selling of players after a relegation as part of the criteria that we're a selling club.

He didnt though, he wanted an increase in wages and asked for £25k, his argument was that people such as Butt, Smith etc were warming the bench on 5 times as much as he was while he was busting a gut for us. They werent willing to pay him what he was worth and cashed in.

No this is not true. Bassong asked for 300k p/w plus the condition that the club signs Messi, but on less wages than himself.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you not prepared to bet 100?

You should be giving odds tbh.

It's not an expectation, it's a concern.

I think any side with Carroll in who had just come up from the economic wilderness of the championship would be (and should be) concerned about keeping him.

My point is that the best predictor of events in this window is the last window not the one where Given got sold or the one before that. If your opinion hasnt changed after signing Ben Arfa yesterday, you'll have to explain why to me.

We sell him, i donate a 100 to a charity of your choice. We keep him and you do the same. Nae odds.

Totally confident the Carroll thing is purely media talk which might have been propogated by Redknapp and his drinking budies as a feeler.

I'm a bit more confident than that. Its the saggy faced cunt's MO.

I would be interested if PP would link to these so called statements saying we were going to buy young future stars and then sell them when they come good.

I can't recall it.

Not sure about what they said....because whatever they come out with is bollocks 90% of the time anyway. But a young lad like Bassong bought for nothing and on one of the lowest wages at the club being sold for profit suggests they have no qualms about selling our best young players. It could hardly be included in clearing out the dead wood.

He wanted to leave because we got relegated man, not because we wanted to sell our best young players. Unbelievable that people include the selling of players after a relegation as part of the criteria that we're a selling club.

Chez says we can't use any other windows where we've sold players either, like the Given one or the milner one. Restrictive conditions these.

Fact is, Ashley remains well in profit from transfers....concern about his love of a profit are entirely legitimate.

You can use what you like to make your assessment of the odds for the bet. As ASM says, we arent a selling club because we sold players after relegation.

No, but like I say, Ashley remains in profit in the transfer market....despite selling no-one for 2 windows (when no approaches were made for any of our players iirc)....that makes us a selling club.

We touted Talor everywhere we could....listing him....and no-one was interested.

So you'll be confident enough to take the bet then? Surely if Carroll is touted there'll be takers?

Not really. I think anyone with an ounce of sense would hold onto Carroll. I'm not going to gamble against the logical thing to do.

I think anyone with an ounce of sense would have held onto Hughton too though, rather than replacing him to save a couple of million ponunds.

I'm not saying Carroll will be sold...but that confidence fatty ballatty will keep him for any logical reason or because they've said so is misplaced.

Part of the problem is the hierarchy are still absolutely absymal when it comes to communicating with the fans.

And that they have lied in the past which means even if Pardew says he's staying, no-one believes it. I dont blame anyone for that either.

Fantastic bit of hypocrisy from Chez ITT. I remember him having a pop on multiple occasions after I offered the Tree a bet on whether Hughton would still be our manager at Christmas - which, of course, I was right about - and now here he is doing the exact same. :huff:

HF's position is exactly right anyway. Nothing is certain at this clown college of a club. We all thought Hughton was Ashley's appointment, a yes man through and through and that once he actually was doing well, there'd be no way he was sacked - oops, there he goes. It makes perfect sense to keep Carroll. If there's one thing you can say about Ashley and Diamond Dekka, though, it's that they don't realise what makes perfect sense.

Part of the problem is the hierarchy are still absolutely absymal when it comes to communicating with the fans.

And that they have lied in the past which means even if Pardew says he's staying, no-one believes it. I dont blame anyone for that either.

Thnking back, part of the KK saga was 'them' trying to communicate by proxy (before it went to shit).

Thnking back, part of the KK saga was 'them' trying to communicate by proxy (before it went to shit).

... by lying.

Still find it hard to have any faith in them after a lot of the things they've done. Stuff like backing Wise over KK then subsequently getting rid of Wise anyway. Hughton's treatment was pretty shoddy to say the least as well. Especially given he was replaced by a manager with a very average track record and a catalogue of off the field baggage.

Fantastic bit of hypocrisy from Chez ITT. I remember him having a pop on multiple occasions after I offered the Tree a bet on whether Hughton would still be our manager at Christmas - which, of course, I was right about - and now here he is doing the exact same. :huff:

HF's position is exactly right anyway. Nothing is certain at this clown college of a club. We all thought Hughton was Ashley's appointment, a yes man through and through and that once he actually was doing well, there'd be no way he was sacked - oops, there he goes. It makes perfect sense to keep Carroll. If there's one thing you can say about Ashley and Diamond Dekka, though, it's that they don't realise what makes perfect sense.

Think Hughton was only a holding positon and always meant to be.

Think Hughton was only a holding positon and always meant to be.

That doesn't make the way it was done any better. They should've had the balls to appoint their man in the summer, not wait for Hughton to go through a bad spell in order to sack him. Pure cowardice man.

... by lying.

Think the lying was a chemical reaction of them realising that Keegler couldn't be bought in from the cold. They underestimated his genuine love of the club.

All clubs lie and all managers lie and all boards lie, it is the way football is. Often the supporters are way too dangerous and unpredicatable to handle the truth.

In other threads over the year I've resonated often that the current regime just don;t get it, that that our supporter base is an assest when onside.

... by lying.

Think the lying was a chemical reaction of them realising that Keegler couldn't be bought in from the cold. They underestimated his genuine love of the club.

All clubs lie and all managers lie and all boards lie, it is the way football is. Often the supporters are way too dangerous and unpredicatable to handle the truth.

In other threads over the year I've resonated often that the current regime just don;t get it, that that our supporter base is an assest when onside.

They lied to Keegan more or less from day one so let's not pretend they suddenly changed their tune.

... by lying.

They lied to Keegan more or less from day one so let's not pretend they suddenly changed their tune.

Think they saw him as a manageble figurhead who woudl gloss over their behind the scene shennanigans. The raising of expectations and KK's own idea of how quickly the club could move forward was also something they didn't forsee ( at the time the club was being run by a lawyer and a shirt salesman).

Some aspect of the KK appointment was genuine all the same, but they didn't know the man.

... by lying.

Think they saw him as a manageble figurhead who woudl gloss over their behind the scene shennanigans. The raising of expectations and KK's own idea of how quickly the club could move forward was also something they didn't forsee ( at the time the club was being run by a lawyer and a shirt salesman).

Some aspect of the KK appointment was genuine all the same, but they didn't know the man.

If that was the case, you'd have to be absolutely fucking stupid and know nothing about the bloke to consider Keegan to be a 'yes' man.

... by lying.

If that was the case, you'd have to be absolutely fucking stupid and know nothing about the bloke to consider Keegan to be a 'yes' man.

That's Mashley in a nutshell.

Yet I again I have to point out that the common misconception of the policy of picking up players while young and then developing them and selling at a profit, only applies to those young players that don't quite develop as hoped and therefore don't make the grade at NUFC, but perhaps will in the Championship or at lower EPL teams where they can be sold at a profit.

I have no doubt this misconception is being deliberatly perpetuated by some fans who simply want a stick with which to beat Ashley over the head.

The whole concept is so we can unearth stars of the future like Carroll and not have to pay £20m to £30m to buy them, so why on earth would we sell him?

Common sense at last.

I can't recall it.

Your selective memory is unlikely to tbf.

I'll hunt them out but they refer to the purchasing criteria that Llambias drew up which clearly referred to future resale value.

I look forward to seeing said club statements.

Milner, N'Zogbia, Bassong....who needs statements when you have proven actions ?

It says something about the competence of the previous lot when you can take over a club that finished 14th in the table, turn it into an unambitious selling club and be 8th in the table. :huff:

via relegation.

Inevitable, when Shepherd has littered the club with overpaid SHITE that we couldn't move on because they were too happy here on their astronomical wages, TBH

you mean Beye, Bassong, Milner, Given, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen and Duff...all of whom are still at the club and haven't moved on to clubs who have performed better than us since they left ?

Can I ask you again, ref your "14th in the table", do you also think Brian Clough was a shite manager because he left Notts Forest relegated ? An answer would be appreciated this time.

I dont think you were right, iirc you thought he'd be sacked as we'd be doing shit not because he was never Ashley's man and not part of some hitherto unspecified plan to install his own manager and back him with cash in the next window, as per yesterday. Hughton may have been sacked but all your reasons were wrong. Also CT was expressing confidence about our prospects this season, which is what you had the problem with.

It may be hypocritical but i dont stand to gain from it personally so am not arsed if you think that. I also have offered it in a perfectly reasonable manner rather than to prove someone else is a cunt.

Comparing poor players signings is silly . Shepherd was involved with everything. Ashley put what he thought (agreed mistakenly), was a system in place to deal with all of that and run the club.

It is only after KK and the club fell apart that I think he has been "hands on" on transfers.

exactly.

Compare the whole picture ie league positions over the entire periods.