Winter 2022

snakehips

I see Sepp Blatter expects the Qatar world cup to be moved to the winter time. Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is good or bad, apart from it being slap bang in the middle of everyone's seasons. I suppose it will give a few folk the chance of some winter sunshine.

Thoughts?

It's mental.

If they have a break in the league, are the players at the WC then expected to go straight back into playing?

With a months break, the league will finish a month later than usual, do we then start the next season on time, or delay that to give time for transfers and pre-season?

It's mental.

It's mental.

If they have a break in the league, are the players at the WC then expected to go straight back into playing?

With a months break, the league will finish a month later than usual, do we then start the next season on time, or delay that to give time for transfers and pre-season?

It's mental.

Imagine the mongs and retards at every game if one player did something wrong in a game that curtailed Engurland's hopes!! Remember what the trolls were like when Beckham got sent off by that muppet Nielsen in France '98? It would be far worse if the winter wc happened as the 'evil trator' returned to playing for his club side so soon after the offence. Booooooooooo.

It'll suit other nations far greater than ours. Those who have winter breaks and those who are used to sunnier climes.

What's the average temperature in Nov/Dec in Qatar. I bet it's still far hotter than it ever is here. The whole process and the decision to hold it in a country so strict and undeveloped is a joke.

FIFA are a disgrace but then, aren't all large sporting organisations? Ye can barely have a sup if you went to Qatar and the place will be soo packed it'll be a farce.

We'll have Brooklyn Beckham and Kai Rooney bossin' midfield and Almunias offspring in nets.

I see Sepp Blatter expects the Qatar world cup to be moved to the winter time. Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is good or bad, apart from it being slap bang in the middle of everyone's seasons. I suppose it will give a few folk the chance of some winter sunshine.

Thoughts?

I can genuinely see some of the Worlds leading nations giving this a miss. Maybe organise their own tournement in the summer. The fact it puts players at risk in the heat would probably see some European countries at least dissuading their players from going.

But... but... but... the air conditioned stadiums were going to take care of all that heat, right?

What a complete and total load of shit this is.

Tell me about it.

FIFA are a joke, Blatter is a fucking corrupt cunt.

This makes me feel a little better though.

Oh, and the obviously critically important Qatar were just beaten 2-0 in the AFC Asian Cup..... by Football powerhouses Uzbekistan.

The most annoying part? Relative to Qatar they actually are powerhouses.

You might've thought that this would be the sort of thing they might take into consideration during the bid process. :wank:

I'd love the PL turn round and tell them that they'll refuse to release their players.

You might've thought that this would be the sort of thing they might take into consideration during the bid process. :wank:

I'd love the PL turn round and tell them that they'll refuse to release their players.

Ah come on. When does FIFA let something unimportant like rational thought get in their way? ;)

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Oh, and the obviously critically important Qatar were just beaten 2-0 in the AFC Asian Cup..... by Football powerhouses Uzbekistan.

They've got plans for that though and the money to pull it off - they've got a team of coaches going around scouting out the 3rd world and offering promising kids and their families the chance to move to Qatar so by the time the world cup comes around they'll be able to play for them.

They've got plans for that though and the money to pull it off - they've got a team of coaches going around scouting out the 3rd world and offering promising kids and their families the chance to move to Qatar so by the time the world cup comes around they'll be able to play for them.

Lols. Sorted.

It'll suit other nations far greater than ours. Those who have winter breaks and those who are used to sunnier climes.

What's the average temperature in Nov/Dec in Qatar. I bet it's still far hotter than it ever is here. The whole process and the decision to hold it in a country so strict and undeveloped is a joke.

FIFA are a disgrace but then, aren't all large sporting organisations? Ye can barely have a sup if you went to Qatar and the place will be soo packed it'll be a farce.

We'll have Brooklyn Beckham and Kai Rooney bossin' midfield and Almunias offspring in nets.

13-22C in January - same as UK in early summer so quite pleasant actually

Platini says they can play the games in different countries throughout the Arabian Gulf.

Looks like the bungs were traceable as they are royally bending over. I'm waiting for the news there are considering using wider goals.