One for Gemmill

Tooj

"There's a few in there that need to understand what this game's about. The Premier League is all well and good but a few young boys got caught out tonight by the passion and the physical side of Stevenage. They bossed patches of the game through their sheer endeavour and enthusiasm. We've got to match that and we didn't do that."

<_< Is he a meth head or what?

There's no need to come out with such comments, especially as he fielded quite an experienced team.

I'm sure that will do the likes of Krul and Ranger's confidence the world of good.

Edited by Jonny2J

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving Pardew a bit of slack, what he's seen of Ranger and (in particular) Krul has not been great.

Agree with the sentiment that he shouldn't be making that stuff public though.

It wasn't even their fault man.

If he's going to criticise anybody, he needs to look at the likes of Smith.

Or perhaps, he should look closer to home and admit he couldn't motivate the players for this game and his tactics were piss poor.

What?

Are you a man? Are they men? Aye...grow a set and man up ffs.

Criticism is just and it doesnt matter if its dished in public or in private...its what the fans are thinking.

These are well paid young men...on those wages they can fuckin handle it.

What?

Criticism is just and it doesnt matter if its dished in public or in private...its what the fans are thinking.

My point was simply the fact that it's ridiculous to single out the so-called younger lads for criticism.

What?

My point was simply the fact that it's ridiculous to single out the so-called younger lads for criticism.

Learning curve...character building....if they cant handle it then they can fuck off.

Seriously....from some puff on here commenting about tiotes tackle and now this...football seriously is turning into a game for queens who might develop an inferiority complex.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

What?

Aye they all deserved a rocket, not just the younger ones.

What?

Learning curve...character building....if they cant handle it then they can fuck off.

Seriously....from some puff on here commenting about tiotes tackle and now this...football seriously is turning into a game for queens who might develop an inferiority complex.

Do you feel the younger lads deserved to be singled out for criticism? Especially with the manager's dreadful tactics and clear inability to motivate a bunch of experienced (and in Smith's case ridiculously overpaid) players.

He needs to look closer to home than to criticise a couple of young lads who weren't any worse than the experienced players.

What?

Do you feel the younger lads deserved to be singled out for criticism? Especially with the manager's dreadful tactics and clear inability to motivate a bunch of experienced (and in Smith's case ridiculously overpaid) players.

He needs to look closer to home than to criticise a couple of young lads who weren't any worse than the experienced players.

Ok so...

He criticised a few younger ones who would of been Ranger and Krul and also stated that the likes of Nolan, Barton Colo and Routledge (All senior players) were well below standard.

Imo pretty must stated the whole team were poor and stopped short of sayin HE got it wrong and lets be honest although he did, how many managers actually come out with that?

Giving Pardew a bit of slack, what he's seen of Ranger and (in particular) Krul has not been great.

Agree with the sentiment that he shouldn't be making that stuff public though.

It wasn't even their fault man.

If he's going to criticise anybody, he needs to look at the likes of Smith.

Or perhaps, he should look closer to home and admit he couldn't motivate the players for this game and his tactics were piss poor.

Spot on. Could not agree more. No excuses for that drivel and the only positives I can take out of that match is that we've not got the Cup to distract us from avoiding relegation, and that we can't do much worse than that. Hopefully a few of them will look back at themselves after today and realise that they're not putting the consistency in that we need.

Perch and Smith should not be playing for us, period. Ranger and Krul are getting worse and worse, which is a shame because they've both shown potential in the past.

Didnt agree with the last criticism about twitter, nor this one.

Decision to bring on Tiote was stupid but don't see how people can get upset about the performance and criticism of the players at the same time.

Well, it's the question if the manager should criticise players in public. Imho it's man managment at its worst tbh.

Decision to bring on Tiote was stupid but don't see how people can get upset about the performance and criticism of the players at the same time.

Well, it's the question if the manager should criticise players in public. Imho it's man managment at its worst tbh.

Ferguson does it.

http://www.gloryunited.info/4810/2010/08/2...g-silly-points/

You've just heard that a manager shouldnt criticise his players in public and as it sounds like a reasonable thing, now hold it as a form of truth. The reality is that you arent qualified to understand the motivational dynamics at play. Speaking as a manager of people i'd say 'bollocks' to that claim 'it depends on the individual'.

Anyway, lets look again at what he said rather than examining the notion of player criticism. 'A few young boys got caught out'. If you deem that language as potentially damaging to player morale, i'd have to question your motives for saying that.

Ferguson does it.

You've just heard that a manager shouldnt criticise his players in public and as it sounds like a reasonable thing, now hold it as a form of truth. The reality is that you arent qualified to understand the motivational dynamics at play. Speaking as a manager of people i'd say 'bollocks' to that claim 'it depends on the individual'.

Anyway, lets look again at what he said rather than examining the notion of player criticism. 'A few young boys got caught out'. If you deem that language as potentially damaging to player morale, i'd have to question your motives for saying that.

This sort of patronising arrogance is wasted on me tbh.

Can someone rename Tiote's Nutz in Ashley's rose tinted specs?

Fuck Off.

I dont need to justify myself to anyone but once more for the record...I hate FMA as much as the next man...I just dont see why you and many others jump on Pardews back so soon. Sad really. Get a grip.

Ferguson does it.

This sort of patronising arrogance is wasted on me tbh.

Wasted on you as your the narrow minded fool who cant see BOTH sides.

Chez is correct and you know it.

TN it says everything of the logic being applied here when one of our best players reveals he isnt playing on twitter and the manager is criticised for complaining about it.

Pardew fucked up yesterday by bring Tiote on and he deserves criticism for that.

The reality is that you arent qualified to understand the motivational dynamics at play. Speaking as a manager of people i'd say 'bollocks' to that claim 'it depends on the individual'.

davidbrent111.jpg

<_<

It's true though, Ranger clearly needs a bullet up his ass and Pardew is holding the gun.