Liverpool

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some great underground drinking places
To steer this back on track, any ones in particular you recommend?

I dont know any underground pubs/clubs in Liverpool and I'm from Liverpool ffs. I know a few clubs in Liverpool you walk downstairs to get in but thats the basement not underground. Not unless this dude is drinking tins of larger at Liverpools underground train stations.

are you banned from the liverpool forums or something? you seem to spend an awful lot of time here, and we don't want you either

How could I get banned from me own forum you prick. Anyway have a go at Liverpool by all means. At least your sticking to the subject. People dont like tossers like you on here who fuck up threads. Dont speak for 10% of player haters as well you tit. I come on this thread to give advice and end up with a hail of abuse. Says a lot about geordies hey mate?

Last time I had a big night out there was when Souness manager we drew nowts each with Everton on a Sunday...our mates cousin showed us around town after the game and took us into a pub in an old church...I think it was called "casa de cuba" at the time but it may have had a name change so am told....its the only building I've ever been in where there was almost no electric lighting...it was almost entirely lit by candles and was a stunning place for a few beers. Got to be one of the most unique boozers in the country iyam. There was dozens of wag-ish birds queued up outside waiting to get in but the cousin used to work the doors himself and we waltzted pass the lot of them. Wish I could tell you where it was but all I can say is it was in the town centre about a 10 minute walk through a shoppping area from Mulligans Irish bar and Yates.

Apart from that...what a fuckin shithole, half the suburbs on the way into town were/are boarded up awaiting demolition.The Kensington area sticks in the mind from the season we were relegated; row upon row of housing just boarded up, this around the time they were "city of culture"...fuck knows what the 20 gazillion yanks and japs made of it. We fuckied off to Chester afterwards, which is another option for you.

Last time I had a big night out there was when Souness manager we drew nowts each with Everton on a Sunday...our mates cousin showed us around town after the game and took us into a pub in an old church...I think it was called "casa de cuba" at the time but it may have had a name change so am told....its the only building I've ever been in where there was almost no electric lighting...it was almost entirely lit by candles and was a stunning place for a few beers. Got to be one of the most unique boozers in the country iyam. There was dozens of wag-ish birds queued up outside waiting to get in but the cousin used to work the doors himself and we waltzted pass the lot of them. Wish I could tell you where it was but all I can say is it was in the town centre about a 10 minute walk through a shoppping area from Mulligans Irish bar and Yates.

Apart from that...what a fuckin shithole, half the suburbs on the way into town were/are boarded up awaiting demolition.The Kensington area sticks in the mind from the season we were relegated; row upon row of housing just boarded up, this around the time they were "city of culture"...fuck knows what the 20 gazillion yanks and japs made of it. We fuckied off to Chester afterwards, which is another option for you.

So you never visted Allerton, Childwall, Mossley hill, Penny lane, Knotty Ash, Aintree or Crosby

You fucking prick every city got a brixton, moss side except Newcastle the whole place a fucking dump I hear

Probably not to a group of 21 year olds on the piss to be honest. The Albert dock has already been mentioned and might suit you, if it's purely to be on the piss then the Mathew street area will be best.

I used to like the pubs around the Hope street area though - The Pilgrim, The Crack, Casablancas and the like. You really should try the Philharmonic as well, it's canny spectacular. Not sure how many places I used to go to will still be there but see what you can find. I remember Liverpool had a lot of odd clubs which you had to know about even to find - you'd need to ring a doorbell to get in - the Blue Angel club was a case in point.

Probably not to a group of 21 year olds on the piss to be honest. The Albert dock has already been mentioned and might suit you, if it's purely to be on the piss then the Mathew street area will be best.

I used to like the pubs around the Hope street area though - The Pilgrim, The Crack, Casablancas and the like. You really should try the Philharmonic as well, it's canny spectacular. Not sure how many places I used to go to will still be there but see what you can find. I remember Liverpool had a lot of odd clubs which you had to know about even to find - you'd need to ring a doorbell to get in - the Blue Angel club was a case in point.

We're not really a group that's going to want clubs and all that, we like a quiet one in a good pub as well so I'll remember Hope Street, cheers.

Hope street is like Slater street its full of students but its cheaper on the drinks

Matthew street has a range of people from 18 -60 ands its packed best place to go tbh

Albert dock is full of people with money often gangsters celebs or people from the Crosby area (Ann Robinson and Tony Blairs wife from there posh scousers you may say)

Concert square full of kids and scallys I'll stay away because its derby weekend

If I was you I'll have a few in Slater street/hope street and walk down to Matthew street and stay away from concert square

If you've got the cash visit the albert dock by all means

Visit this link scousers have put their best and worst pubs/clubs to visit in Liverpool. Most people on here dont know what their talking about TBH except one or two. But visit this link and its scousers talking about the best places to go.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250742.0

Predictable this granted, but my recommendation is divvint gann. Shithole full of the most arrogant mouth charva cunts the world has ever or will ever know. You might get a shag though, because there's little competition, average height of the blokes is about 5ft7 and weight about 16st.

:)

Just to completely piss on ToughGuyTit's parade, Newcastle has been regularly voted inside the 10 ten of nights out around the world - considerably higher than any other city in the UK.

The cities themselves are very comparable on many different levels. We have Grey Street and they have the Three Graces, both are a Mecca for Stag/Hen nights, both have their slummy areas and a decent city centre. Main difference is that they've got a wider river and we've got some bridges.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

To be fair I don't think anyone would slag Liverpool off if they were as humble as what Idioteque has been so far. TOUGH Guy Mick is completely typical of the majority of their mouthy twats and gets people on the offensive straight away.

The cities themselves are very comparable on many different levels. We have Grey Street and they have the Three Graces, both are a Mecca for Stag/Hen nights, both have their slummy areas and a decent city centre. Main difference is that they've got a wider river and we've got some bridges.

We got a bridge to cross the mersey its called the Runcorn bridge. We also got a tunnel, you drive under the mersey and get to birkenhead/north wales. Yous got a tunnel under the Tyne?

Runcorn bridge crosses the river Mersey

20090317235244_runcorn%20bridge1.jpg

Tunnel under the mersey

471497_19e81b50.jpg

We got a bridge to cross the mersey its called the Runcorn bridge. We also got a tunnel, you drive under the mersey and get to birkenhead/north wales. Yous got a tunnel under the Tyne?

:) Fuck off man, even you're not that thick.

Runcorn bridge crosses the river Mersey

20090317235244_runcorn%20bridge1.jpg

Aye, one bridge that's a rusty as fuck, 10 miles south of your city centre (equivalent of fucking Hexham for us!) and is a pale 60s immitation of the Tyne Bridge.

Nice work finding that photo too. Amazing what a bit of photoshopping can do!

A more accurate pic:

3848094489_8b82c83b26_o.jpg

Aye, one bridge that's a rusty as fuck, 10 miles south of your city centre (equivalent of fucking Hexham for us!) and is a pale 60s immitation of the Tyne Bridge.

Nice work finding that photo too. Amazing what a bit of photoshopping can do!

TBH no one uses that in Liverpool we use the kingsway tunnel. A tunnel built below the mersey cost well more than all your bridges put together!!!!!!

471497_19e81b50.jpg

Typical that you'd mention the modern, lifeless Kingsway tunnel rather than the historic, elegant (if a tunnel can be elegant) Queensway tunnel.

Sums you up perfectly though - cost above appearance.

To be fair I don't think anyone would slag Liverpool off if they were as humble as what Idioteque has been so far. TOUGH Guy Mick is completely typical of the majority of their mouthy twats and gets people on the offensive straight away.

You'll get offensive if wankers took the piss out your city? Don't get me wrong every city in the UK has got its problems so dont have a go at Liverpool have a go at the MPs for fuck sake. Sterotyping happens to much on this site. If you cant beat them join them on this site thats the way it goes. By the way Liverpool has history a thing that seems to piss a hard hit jobless north east.

I think the second Tyne tunnel is opening next year, isn't it? Ridiculous to use tunnels as some kind of landmark though. :)

What tends to strike people who first visit Newcastle in my experience is the seven bridges at the city centre, and furthermore the railway viaduct over Dean street etc. Living here you kind of forget how spectacular they are. Topographically Newcastle is arguably the finest large city in England.

lifeless Kingsway tunnel rather than the historic, elegant (if a tunnel can be elegant) Queensway tunnel.

Both do the same job

The architecture at the Pier Head is fucking wasted on the likes of you. The differences between the two are no more visible than when you compare the ventilation shafts:

Kingsway:

Mersey_Tunnel_Ventilation_Shaft_-_geograph.org.uk_-_76945.jpg

Queensway:

450px-Liverpool_Queensway_Tunnel_ventilation_tower_and_offices_Pierhead.jpg