Darren Bent Signs for Villa

Tooj

Fuller's ok, but buying a player who can't pass a medical is a bit desperate. That sort of money for N'Zogbia is crazy too, and I've got a bit of time for him (as a player anyway).

Why ?

He's well worth that fee

I disagree. He's inconsistent, mainly due to his poor attitude.

Edit: Just realised, I think we've got our wires crossed. £12m was mentioned re: N'Zogbia.

Edited by alex

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worth paying 12m for a player who dribbles with his head down. Will go on mazy runs and will score the odd speculators but ultimately is inconsistent and makes poor decisions and passes on account of his limited vision.

Just my opinion. Worth around 5-6m I'd say, but then you have to deal with his attitude. He's not good enough for a champions league side, but thinks he is.

Not worth paying 12m for a player who dribbles with his head down. Will go on mazy runs and will score the odd speculators but ultimately is inconsistent and makes poor decisions and passes on account of his limited vision.

Just my opinion. Worth around 5-6m I'd say, but then you have to deal with his attitude. He's not good enough for a champions league side, but thinks he is.

I think that's part of his problem. As suggested by his thinking that CM is his best position. He's a good left-winger when he sticks to what he's good at and when his head's in the right place, especially as he grafts when that's the case. He doesn't have the vision to play in the middle imo.

Unlike the majority of Mackems I have grown to think that this is a good deal for the football club. There's still a lot of bitterness there but whats the point in having an unhappy footballer on your hands? In fact he hasn't looked his usual self since as early as November. I remember against Bolton at the SoL the week before Xmas, we won 1-0 and usually when we score he's the first on the scene celebrating, Welbeck scored but Bent instead of congratulating his teammates just shrugged his shoulders and walked back to the half-way line.

What knarks me is that Sunday was our biggest game of the season so far and he was already thinking about handing in a transfer request the selfish bastard.

£24M is the same as Man City paid for Tevez however so at least that has healed the pain somewhat.

I can never agree with this. You should never sell your best players, and if they want to go from you when you should be big enough to keep them and attract others, you have to ask yourself the reason why.

If its geographical, or there are personal problems, OK. But if he considers Villa to be a superior club, the mackems have every right to ask themselves why ?

Sorry mate, but every time I see posts like this on any NUFC message board it makes me cringe, it is nothing other than 3rd rate defeatist mentality, and the mackems are certainly a bigger club with bigger support than the likes of Villa too.

I don't think we are, certainly historically they have been more successful, winning a European Cup and 7 league titles, they've also consistently played their football in England's top flight since the Premier League came into being, something we haven't been able to do.

I do think we have a bigger fanbase however, Villa couldn't even sell their allocation of 1500 for the Birmingham derby on Sunday.

Well, talk down your club if you like. I'm being honest with you here, you are one of the biggest clubs in the country, behind us mind, but bigger than Villa.

Bob Murray ran your club disgracefully for 20 years man, just like the wankers we had pre-1992 and the current tosspot is running it down too, despite our decent enough first season back which is all it is.

en contre, you silly tit, he's actually run it up - as we finished 13 just before he bought it.

Unlike the majority of Mackems I have grown to think that this is a good deal for the football club. There's still a lot of bitterness there but whats the point in having an unhappy footballer on your hands? In fact he hasn't looked his usual self since as early as November. I remember against Bolton at the SoL the week before Xmas, we won 1-0 and usually when we score he's the first on the scene celebrating, Welbeck scored but Bent instead of congratulating his teammates just shrugged his shoulders and walked back to the half-way line.

What knarks me is that Sunday was our biggest game of the season so far and he was already thinking about handing in a transfer request the selfish bastard.

£24M is the same as Man City paid for Tevez however so at least that has healed the pain somewhat.

I can never agree with this. You should never sell your best players, and if they want to go from you when you should be big enough to keep them and attract others, you have to ask yourself the reason why.

If its geographical, or there are personal problems, OK. But if he considers Villa to be a superior club, the mackems have every right to ask themselves why ?

Sorry mate, but every time I see posts like this on any NUFC message board it makes me cringe, it is nothing other than 3rd rate defeatist mentality, and the mackems are certainly a bigger club with bigger support than the likes of Villa too.

I don't think we are, certainly historically they have been more successful, winning a European Cup and 7 league titles, they've also consistently played their football in England's top flight since the Premier League came into being, something we haven't been able to do.

I do think we have a bigger fanbase however, Villa couldn't even sell their allocation of 1500 for the Birmingham derby on Sunday.

Well, talk down your club if you like. I'm being honest with you here, you are one of the biggest clubs in the country, behind us mind, but bigger than Villa.

Bob Murray ran your club disgracefully for 20 years man, just like the wankers we had pre-1992 and the current tosspot is running it down too, despite our decent enough first season back which is all it is.

en contre, you silly tit, he's actually run it up - as we finished 13 just before he bought it.

whatever you say dumbo