Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up replying to L.M.s posts as he just asks the same question over and over, even when its been answered. Ask him something and get a question in response or maybe an answer that has nothing to do with the question.

I'm going to wait until the window closes before making any more judgements

:lol:

are you always so slow

It is a business, its registered at Companies House, pays business taxes, employs people and contributes to the economy. As such 'money' the thing you find in you wallet, is fundamental to its operations and by operations i mean things like employees. Ignoring this will get you nowhere.

I;m not going to argue but just think about this:

We are currently breaking even (we hope, at best we break even this season).

We currently have a wage bill of £65m which is at the limit since we are breaking even (important to grasp this bit)

We have £35m to spend.

We spend £35m on 4 players earning £10m a year.

We are now losing £10m a year in the first year of their contracts. We have to borrow that money to pay them.

Does that make sense?

Sorry maybe I'm as thick as leaze, sorry steve I know you're not think.

But fuck me is that not a load of shite.

Where in all that are you accounting for wages off the current wage bill?

Just accounting for Carroll and Nolan, there is 80k a week. Plus the rumoured 20k big Sol was on.

You guys take every opportunity to beat Leaze with your stick but be fair and account for what is there or not as the case maybe.

I wasnt actually trying to do the NUFC accounts, i was posting on a messageboard trying to illustrate a point. I dont take every opportunity to beat anyone, i'm just trying to keep the discussions grounded in reality. However, just for you, try to ignore the ins and outs and just focus on the numbers as a thought exercise:

The club is breaking even (wages + costs = revenue). It gains £30m from a transfer. It spends £30m on a new player. Wages increase by £10m. Revenue stays the same (wages + £10m + costs > revenue). Just trying to make sure everyone gets it.

Oh great. btw, you never mentioned anything about "transfer fees."

But it's never that way is it?

Which is what Leaze keeps harping on about.

tbf, none of us have a fucking clue what is going on financially at NUFC and to assume otherwise, "while making a point" is complete marde.

What way is it then ??? Enlighten us, please.

It is a business, its registered at Companies House, pays business taxes, employs people and contributes to the economy. As such 'money' the thing you find in you wallet, is fundamental to its operations and by operations i mean things like employees. Ignoring this will get you nowhere.

We currently have a wage bill of £65m which is at the limit since we are breaking even (important to grasp this bit)

We have £35m to spend.

We are now losing £10m a year in the first year of their contracts. We have to borrow that money to pay them.

Does that make sense?

Just accounting for Carroll and Nolan, there is 80k a week. Plus the rumoured 20k big Sol was on.

You guys take every opportunity to beat Leaze with your stick but be fair and account for what is there or not as the case maybe.

I wasnt actually trying to do the NUFC accounts, i was posting on a messageboard trying to illustrate a point. I dont take every opportunity to beat anyone, i'm just trying to keep the discussions grounded in reality. However, just for you, try to ignore the ins and outs and just focus on the numbers as a thought exercise:

The club is breaking even (wages + costs = revenue). It gains £30m from a transfer. It spends £30m on a new player. Wages increase by £10m. Revenue stays the same (wages + £10m + costs > revenue). Just trying to make sure everyone gets it.

tbf, none of us have a fucking clue what is going on financially at NUFC and to assume otherwise, "while making a point" is complete marde.

wait until September 1st

We have £35m to spend.

Does that make sense?

You do get the concept though, yes? We also do know whats going on to an extent, or at least those of us who have been paying attention do. If we're making a profit, then what i'm saying isnt relevant. If we're making a loss its fundamental and if we're breaking even it needs to be paid attention to. All you need to do is work which one of those 3 options you think best fits our situation.

We have £35m to spend.

Does that make sense?

You do get the concept though, yes? We also do know whats going on to an extent, or at least those of us who have been paying attention do. If we're making a profit, then what i'm saying isnt relevant. If we're making a loss its fundamental and if we're breaking even it needs to be paid attention to. All you need to do is work which one of those 3 options you think best fits our situation.

obsessed with finance.

Its a football club. Its about winning, which generates bigger finance. You don't get trophies and european places for the state of the balance sheet, you get them for winning on the pitch.

I referring to the fact that, well lets look at our transfers so far.

Out:

Carroll - wages off the books (40k?) + 35m

Nolan - wages off the books (40k) + 3m (+1m)

Campbell - wages off the books (20k allegedly)

Kuqi - wages off the book (I have no idea, some say 10k, I think 5k max)

???? to who is next.

In:

Ben Arfa - 40k in wages??? - 5m

Ba - 40k in wages??? - free

Cabeye - 40k in wages??? - 3-4m

Marveaux - 20 - 40k in wages??? - free

???? to who is next.

So what do we get from all that? Yes that's right, no one has a fucking clue what the wages are but if you look at the money in, wages off the books, to the money out and wages in, I'd say the wages are fairly even. As I said it never really is that way - 4 new signings cost more that those that have left, is it?

Oui.

See my post above.

We have £35m to spend.

Does that make sense?

obsessed with finance.

Its a football club. Its about winning, which generates bigger finance. You don't get trophies and european places for the state of the balance sheet, you get them for winning on the pitch.

You'd expect that from an economist really.

Oui.

See my post above.

Irrelevant to the impact of spending the money as we havent spent anything yet. All i'm doing is pointing out the basic maths.

We have £35m to spend.

Does that make sense?

obsessed with finance.

You'd expect that from an economist really.

aye Chez, I know that.

Oui.

See my post above.

Irrelevant to the impact of spending the money as we havent spent anything yet. All i'm doing is pointing out the basic maths.

Really, you better tell deano then so he can include Messi in his next starting line up.

btw chez, are you?

Because really, in the god's honest truth, what has "team negative" concerned is when we get down to brass tacks, so far - as I've pointed out - there is a lot of notes in, wages have been cleared off the books and sweet fuck all spent.

We ALL hope this changes between now and Sept 1 but history isn't on our side.

Edited by sammynb

Oui.

See my post above.

Really, you better tell deano then so he can include Messi in his next starting line up.

btw chez, are you?

Because really, in the god's honest truth, what has "team negative" concerned is when we get down to brass tacks, so far - as I've pointed out - there is a lot of notes in, wages have been cleared off the books and sweet fuck all spent.We ALL hope this changes between now and Sept 1 but history isn't on our side.

Here I’ll give you a clue (from the accounts):

2005 we made £600K profit, helped by a £13.4 profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £12.8Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2006 we made a £12 Mill loss, helped by a £5.2Mill profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £17.2Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2007 we made a £34.2 Mill loss, including a £2.1Mill deficit on player sales.

2008 we made a £20.3 Mill loss, helped by a £10.8Mill profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £31.1Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2009 we made a £15.2 Mill loss, helped by a £23.4Mill profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £38.6Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2010 we made a loss of £30Mill-ish not sure what the player trading figure is but it's a surplus.

Add up the losses, that’ll show where the money’s gone.

This year we should break even, even have a surplus (thanks to the Carroll cash). It is money we can spend without “you know who” putting his hand in his pocket any further than it already is.

Whether he chooses to spend or recoup, we’ll find out.

The transfer surplus in the OP would have had to happen no matter who the owner was (absent a Sheik or Oligarch). I would go further and suggest, it would have had to be significantly more vicious if we didn't have an owner who could cover circa £20Mill a year (on top of the cuts that have happened).

Oui.

See my post above.

btw chez, are you?

Because really, in the god's honest truth, what has "team negative" concerned is when we get down to brass tacks, so far - as I've pointed out - there is a lot of notes in, wages have been cleared off the books and sweet fuck all spent.We ALL hope this changes between now and Sept 1 but history isn't on our side.

2005 we made £600K profit, helped by a £13.4 profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £12.8Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2006 we made a £12 Mill loss, helped by a £5.2Mill profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £17.2Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2008 we made a £20.3 Mill loss, helped by a £10.8Mill profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £31.1Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2009 we made a £15.2 Mill loss, helped by a £23.4Mill profit on player sales, if we hadn’t made a profit on sales we would have made a loss of £38.6Million (plus the cost of whatever the wages were for those sold players).

2010 we made a loss of £30Mill-ish not sure what the player trading figure is but it's a surplus.

This year we should break even, even have a surplus (thanks to the Carroll cash). It is money we can spend without “you know who” putting his hand in his pocket any further than it already is.

The transfer surplus in the OP would have had to happen no matter who the owner was (absent a Sheik or Oligarch). I would go further and suggest, it would have had to be significantly more vicious if we didn't have an owner who could cover circa £20Mill a year (on top of the cuts that have happened).

so we are on our way heading for the Champions League then ?

PS. Good job "Fred" didn't do it your way when "he" bought Robert and Bellamy, rather than selling Rob Lee and Shearer to balance the books.

September 1st is coming.....

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: LeazesMag.

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

Bet that was to me :lol:

Did he explain how we could spend money, did he disect and destroy my post, or did he just drivel hmmmmmmmmmm

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

Did he explain how we could spend money, did he disect and destroy my post, or did he just drivel hmmmmmmmmmm

thing is, if you "quote" someone, you can see what has been said !!

Toonpack the bullshitter ? :lol:

But he's been full of crap for ages, stand by for more on 1st September

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

Yeah I know but a quick ctrl/v sorts it out

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

Yeah I know but a quick ctrl/v sorts it out

ignorance is bliss, and there is the proof :lol:

Will he still have me blocked on 1st September

btw chez, are you?

Sorry but that's a completely different conversation.

btw chez, are you?

Sorry but that's a completely different conversation.

How?? You asked where'd the money go, I showed you. If it's beyond your comprehension, I apologise.

How?? You asked where'd the money go, I showed you. If it's beyond your comprehension, I apologise.

Fuck off you condescending cunt.

You know exactly what the conversation was about and you want to turn it into a justification of Ashley's woos.

Forgetting the fact he deserves everything he gets for not performing due diligence on the club's finances when he bought it, the over inflated wages for players like Smith, the relegation, the payouts to dismissed managers are all his own doing.

And you want to justify him not spending the fund because of his own ineptness.

The conversation before you "showed me" was about this season/transfer window.

About him balancing his current incomings to his current outgoings.

Not him pocketing a large wedge because he's a fuck up.

You know exactly what the conversation was about and you want to turn it into a justification of Ashley's woos.

Forgetting the fact he deserves everything he gets for not performing due diligence on the club's finances when he bought it, the over inflated wages for players like Smith, the relegation, the payouts to dismissed managers are all his own doing.

What's a woos ??

This years transfer buget (the fund) is not yet known or evidenced, the frugality of the recent past is rooted in the slightly more distant past as shown by my earlier post.

YES he'd done himself no favours, indeed he's deepened the hole, but it was a big hole already. It's cost no-one money but himself.

Your "pocketing a large wedge" comment just highlights your stupidity. Around £150,000,000.01 to go before he pockets even that one penny. BTW £52 Million is the wedge previously pocketed by others.

Glad he didn't do due dilligence mind, he'd have run off (like the other potential buyers did) and then where'd we be ??

As for the over inflated wages, isn't that what you're all shouting for now ??

Edited by Toonpack

What's a woos ??

This years transfer buget is not yet known or evidenced, the frugality of the recent past is rooted in the slightly more distant past as shown by my earlier post.

YES he'd done himself no favours, indeed he's deepened the hole, but it was a big hole already. It's cost no-one money but himself.

Your "pocketing a large wedge" comment just highlights your stupidity. Around £150,000,000.01 to go before he pockets even that one penny. BTW £52 Million is the wedge previously pocketed by others.

Glad he didn't do due dilligence mind, he'd have run off (like the other potential buyers did) and then where'd we be ??

Really? So the club as an asset for him doesn't count?

I really wanted shot of fat Freddy but as others, no not LM, have mentioned his PR and people like you are using Ashley's self made shitty stick to beat supporters with.

You can't categorically state that the club was in trouble. It's obvious FF knew the belt needed to be tightened and unlike MA they had things well financed.

I wish he had of preformed due diligence and had fucked off but I bet he would have still bought the club and we would still be in the same boat as we are now.

The man is a chancer, someone who was a lucky gambler but who's luck has turned.

As for the last sentence, are you that out of touch that you think that's what "we" are "all shouting for now?"

Fair wages for decent players that build a team is all any sensible supporter wants; not knock down wages for freebies or cheap players in the hope they can be sold on and thus never building a team that is better than a showroom floor.

What's a woos ??

This years transfer buget (the fund) is not yet known or evidenced, the frugality of the recent past is rooted in the slightly more distant past as shown by my earlier post.

Your stance on this would indicate that you would chalk off Ashley selling 100M of players (losses that have been made by the club since he bought it) to simply balancing the books. As though the fans who keep the club going should have to suffer his ongoing incompetence without so much as a question of where the money is being spent. Sacking managers and having to pay them out, undermining managers and having to pay them out, undermining the team and failing to strengthen when required resulting in relegation and subsequent massive loss of TV money, corporate revenue, sponsorship money etc, signing Alan Smith all direct actions undertaken by Mike Ashley and his elect and all resulting in a the loss of a metric fuckton of cash. But that's ok because he owns the club and can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. :lol:

You can point your self-indulgent condescending wanker of a finger at whomever you like, but in the end it just highlights what a completely compliant cunt you are on this issue. Might as well pop some glasses on and call yourself Dekka.

Edited by OzToonFan