Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

What's the agenda, Brenda?

a shocking thing like wanting to win on the pitch and buy good footballers for what is, or was, the 3rd best supported club in the country with the 3rd biggest stadium ?

Terrible that, why should we demand such a thing like that, instead of being happy to simply survive and make a profit on transfers for the owner.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of the Carroll money have we seen so far ? This is the topic of the thread.

Not much point in debating it this early on, basically.

The club have been in for big money transfers, you know this (Gameiro for instance).

ah, you mean "in for" as in "linked"

And ?

If you don't want to debate the topic of the thread [which is what I am doing], what exactly are you posting, other than daft comments aimed towards me ?

Why did you clip and ignore 90% of that post ? Can't you see the transfer policy after 4 years ? How much longer do you want ?

Edited by LeazesMag

How much of the Carroll money have we seen so far ? This is the topic of the thread.

The club have been in for big money transfers, you know this (Gameiro for instance).

Being "in for" big money players means absolutely nothing tbf.

what's the story Tobermory ?

QFT. It's all too easy for the club to be "in" for a player. It's landing them that counts.

QFT. It's all too easy for the club to be "in" for a player. It's landing them that counts.

And my post didn't dispute that.

It did, however, dispute the fact that some people are complaining about the lack of Carroll money being spent so early in the window.

If we were genuinely in for the likes of Gameiro, as we supposedly were, then at least this shows that there is some (however little) intent to spend big like we need to.

It did, however, dispute the fact that some people are complaining about the lack of Carroll money being spent so early in the window.

If we were genuinely in for the likes of Gameiro, as we supposedly were, then at least this shows that there is some (however little) intent to spend big like we need to.

your post insinuated that you think mancmag is right, and I am wrong.

I am right.

Open your eyes.

We were not "in" for Gameiro. We are not "in" to spend anywhere near the Carroll money on the team.

I am right.

Open your eyes.

We were not "in" for Gameiro. We are not "in" to spend anywhere near the Carroll money on the team.

No, it insinuated that he's wasting his time by getting into a discussion with you. As, for some reason, am I.

For the last time, you might be right, you might well be wrong. How about we see what the squad looks like in a couple of months?

I am right.

Open your eyes.

No, it insinuated that he's wasting his time by getting into a discussion with you. As, for some reason, am I.

For the last time, you might be right, you might well be wrong. How about we see what the squad looks like in a couple of months?

Well, believe it or not chum, I was posting in accordance with the thread title. Pleased you didn't get involved in discussing it yourself though.

Think about it.

I'm happy to call judgement on his transfer policy, and I saw this within 4 months, never mind 4 years.

Our bid for Gameiro was confirmed by their chairman.

when he had stopped laughing ?

Met their asking price of 11.3m euros. L'Orient accepted the bid but he went to PSG for 11m rising to 15m on add-ons.

Tbh mate, you could be right about this window but the evidence for that Gameiro deal does mean they are looking to acquire players. The judgement on the transfer window wont just be made on who comes in, its who goes out which will be the issue imo.

How was it?

Not bad. Gave an interesting talk mostly concentrating on before he arrived at Liverpool, and the life of older generations of his family. Took a few questions but wouldn't get into ashley.

How was it?

Not bad. Gave an interesting talk mostly concentrating on before he arrived at Liverpool, and the life of older generations of his family. Took a few questions but wouldn't get into ashley.

where was this ? If this happens again, can you let me know mate ?

How was it?

Heard a good interview with him recently talking about how he used to run 50miles(!!!) as a kid. Mental-really interesting guy outside of the Newcastle stuff too.

How was it?

where was this ? If this happens again, can you let me know mate ?

Ramside Hall up in Durham. Was a Durham FC charity bash.

I only saw it as I was up there playing golf. Not very well advertised. Not sure it needed to be like, there was about 1500 there and a waiting list of 300. You wouldn't get that with Malcolm Crosby.

If one hasn't been started already, I'll start a "Talk-ins" thread the next time i go to one and PM you if it's one of the old timers.

On the £35M, in Pardews interview on BBC Newcastle tonight he seemed keen to point out that free transfers had a lot of fee's attached to agents and such as well as normal transfers. Also mentioned the cost of the training ground work. Basically saying if fans tried to add up what we had spent, we'd be way off.

Expect him to say anything else? Not saying he is wrong, but kinda what we expected.

On the £35M, in Pardews interview on BBC Newcastle tonight he seemed keen to point out that free transfers had a lot of fee's attached to agents and such as well as normal transfers. Also mentioned the cost of the training ground work. Basically saying if fans tried to add up what we had spent, we'd be way off.

Expect him to say anything else? Not saying he is wrong, but kinda what we expected.

Yep. Shame no other clubs have those irksome problems. It's almost unfair if it gets us relegated. We should complain to the fa.

Wow, we must have the best motherflippin' training ground in Europe now :(

Wow, we must have the best motherflippin' training ground in Europe now :(

Someone has to pay for the new table tennis table and dart boards.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Routledge.html

Summer 2011

Out

Kevin Nolan £4,000,000

Wayne Routledge £1,800,000

Xisco £2,000,000

In

Yohan Cabaye £4,300,000

Total = £3.5 Million net inflow

Potentially another £3.5m to stay in the club from this window :lol:

Edited by Happy Face