Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a woos ??

This years transfer buget (the fund) is not yet known or evidenced, the frugality of the recent past is rooted in the slightly more distant past as shown by my earlier post.

YES he'd done himself no favours, indeed he's deepened the hole, but it was a big hole already. It's cost no-one money but himself.

Your "pocketing a large wedge" comment just highlights your stupidity. Around £150,000,000.01 to go before he pockets even that one penny. BTW £52 Million is the wedge previously pocketed by others.

Glad he didn't do due dilligence mind, he'd have run off (like the other potential buyers did) and then where'd we be ??

As for the over inflated wages, isn't that what you're all shouting for now ??

Your stance on this would indicate that you would chalk off Ashley selling 100M of players (losses that have been made by the club since he bought it) to simply balancing the books. As though the fans who keep the club going should have to suffer his ongoing incompetence without so much as a question of where the money is being spent. Sacking managers and having to pay them out, undermining managers and having to pay them out, undermining the team and failing to strengthen when required resulting in relegation and subsequent massive loss of TV money, corporate revenue, sponsorship money etc, signing Alan Smith all direct actions undertaken by Mike Ashley and his elect and all resulting in a the loss of a metric fuckton of cash. But that's ok because he owns the club and can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. :lol:

You can point your self-indulgent condescending wanker of a finger at whomever you like, but in the end it just highlights what a completely compliant cunt you are on this issue. Might as well pop some glasses on and call yourself Dekka.

oooh name calling, what shall I do :lol:

There's no way this toonpack lad is a fan like. Making out Ashley saved the club. I've yet to meet one fan that would agree with him.

I wouldn't go that far but it is interesting to speculate what would have happened if "a mug" hadn't been found in 2007. Pisser is it might have meant the Arabs would have bought us a year later instead of City.

There's no way this toonpack lad is a fan like. Making out Ashley saved the club. I've yet to meet one fan that would agree with him.

He's an arsehole, some type of long term WUM.

I think he makes some good points but he takes his point of view to what I consider to be a bit of a ridiculous extreme at times. Used to well fancy Vicky off AWP btw.

I'm 53 years old :lol:

In my opinion, he did. He could have done it significantly better, I accept. (within the boundaries of what it means "going bust" to a football club, not the commercial world)

The one stick you cannot beat Ashley with is the "trousering cash" related one.

My earlier post is purely factual, it is/was not a healthy position, what's hard to understand about that ???

Fortunately we have a dimwit Billionaire who can afford to cover his screw ups, but a goodly amount of the "hole" was not of his making.

I mean come on, you'd think paying off managers was an Ashley invention the way some are going on.

It's not a bed of roses now but it hasn't been for a long, long time.

Edited by Toonpack

He's an arsehole, some type of long term WUM.

Speaking of arseholes, you still banned on Skunkers :lol:

Waiting for that screenshot, Oh and the proof that one of my posts some time ago was "pish", you never followed that up either.

Shouldn't you be having a little pre-pubescent lass-like tantrum on twitter about someone calling Man U "united" or something.

Toonpack is obsessed with this book by Denis Cassidy, because it apparently knocks everything done by "Fred" and suits his agenda.

Does Mr Cassidy explain why "Fred" bought Laurent Robert and Craig Bellamy, who shot us into the Champions League, the Nou Camp, San Siro etc, and the top spots of the premiership again rather than do it the Mike Ashley way and sell a couple of players like Alan Shearer and Rob Lee to balance the books ?

In Toonpacks eyes, the Denis Cassidy/Mike Ashley way is the way to do it. What a shame we didn't spend all those years fighting relegation instead, and admiring the bank balance.

didn't you insist anybody would be better than Fred ? Is so, stop moaning.

So how much of the 35m quid received for carroll has been spent on transfers ? And the 4m for Nolan ?

PP has gave us the figure inclusive of wages, but if you take into account those have now been allocated to other player, what about the actual fee ?

We aren't a club that needs to sell to survive are we ? Surely not, especially with the 14th highest turnover in football ?

Toonpack is obsessed with this book by Denis Cassidy, because it apparently knocks everything done by "Fred" and suits his agenda.

Does Mr Cassidy explain why "Fred" bought Laurent Robert and Craig Bellamy, who shot us into the Champions League, the Nou Camp, San Siro etc, and the top spots of the premiership again rather than do it the Mike Ashley way and sell a couple of players like Alan Shearer and Rob Lee to balance the books ?

In Toonpacks eyes, the Denis Cassidy/Mike Ashley way is the way to do it. What a shame we didn't spend all those years fighting relegation instead, and admiring the bank balance.

How am I obsessed with a book ?? I've never actually read it, it's a single quote I found.

I have never read a football related book in my life, apart from a couple of annuals when I was a nipper, couldn't think of anything worse tbh.

Is there a book that explains why the best owners we ever had ran for the hills as soon as the gravy train dried up ??? I might read that one.

You're off ignore btw, can't let your Goebel's-esque revisionist history pass, sadly.

Will just spend my days poo poo-ing the pathetic child-like hysteria on here now I think.

Edited by Toonpack

So how much of the 35m quid received for carroll has been spent on transfers ? And the 4m for Nolan ?

PP has gave us the figure inclusive of wages, but if you take into account those have now been allocated to other player, what about the actual fee ?

We aren't a club that needs to sell to survive are we ? Surely not, especially with the 14th highest turnover in football ?

14th in 2006 and our revenue was still less than Liverpool by 80m, just to put things into a bit of perspective. Revenue is the money that comes into the club which a percentage can be spent on players and wages thus clubs with a higher revenue can spend more on players and wages hence the reason we can't compete with certain clubs with much higher revenues because if you do then you end up spending more than is coming in. Kapeesh???

HF you get Milner as your crowning piece of evidence, of the 3 I agree back up your point of view, Milner is your strongest piece of evidence. As I was glad we sold him at the time, I put a question mark over the sale categorically proving your point. Milner supports your argument, that was my point. You're deliberate mis-reading of an argument might work with CT but its less likely to work with someone who has thought things through already. Stick that conceitedness up yer arse.

:lol:

Shabba!!

How am I obsessed with a book ?? I've never actually read it, it's a single quote I found.

I have never read a football related book in my life, apart from a couple of annuals when I was a nipper, couldn't think of anything worse tbh.

Is there a book that explains why the best owners we ever had ran for the hills as soon as the gravy train dried up ??? I might read that one.

You're off ignore btw, can't let your Goebel's-esque revisionist history pass, sadly.

Will just spend my days poo poo-ing the pathetic child-like hysteria on here now I think.

is this why you recommended to me that I read it ?

Is this something else you have made up, like "the most memorable match you have ever been to" - which never existed ?

What else are you making up ?

Are you Billy Liar or just living in a fantasy world ?

is this why you recommended to me that I read it ?

Is this something else you have made up, like "the most memorable match you have ever been to" - which never existed ?

What else are you making up ?

Are you Billy Liar or just living in a fantasy world ?

Based on the quote I suggested you read it as it's patently a contrary view, from someone who would know, just for you to consider, you see?.

Never said "my most memorable match" your words not mine, please provide a link if I'm wrong, big deal, I got a score wrong :lol: You got the opposition wrong for your "favourite player ever"'s testimonial, I don't carp on and on and on about that.

FYI my most memorable football match ever was the FA Amateur Cup final in 1969.

My life doesn't orbit around NUFC or football, far from it, when I watch a game I feel happy or sad for a while, when they lose it does fuck up my night/weekend a bit but soon I consign it to the "typical Newcastle" dustbin in my head. I remember snippets, that's all, amazes me how people can remember every fucking goal from years ago to be honest (or why they'd even want to).

Life as an all consumed football fan is a life doomed to disappointment and misery with all too brief highs, shit even Man Utd fans whinge.

When I was not long married, I came in from a game fucking spitting because we'd been shite and lost (couldn't tell you what the game was, it mustn't have existed). The Mrs after putting up with my sulk for a while, rather bluntly, made the immortal statement "It's only a game for heavens sake", I lost it ranted and raved and chucked the TV remote at the telly, remote smashed to bits fortunately the telly was OK. We hardly had two pennies to rub together, if I'd knacked the telly fuck knows when I'd have been able to replace it because we'd saved and saved to get it in replacement for me Gran's old portable we'd been given, changing channel on the box was a fucking huge pain in the arse even with only 3 channels.

I "grew up" around that time and have been happily married for 30 years this year, it was actually the Mrs who bought me my first season ticket because she was pissed off at the time I was having to leave the house to get in the ground when KK came back as manager.

I do care, to a point, but it doesn't really matter that much anymore, sure it can somewhat cloud my weekend, for an hour or two, but that's all. Maybe that's why I can look at stuff with a certain detachment.

In the grand scheme of things, all those years ago, the Mrs was right, even moreso now, given the vastly overpaid mercenary, badge kissing, tarts who today masquerade as footballers playing a supposedly contact sport.

I must be a heretic.

looks like I'm not blocked anymore !

Oh well.

Back to Mike Ashley's Transfer History.

Nice little amount he's putting in his back pocket there, pity we aren't getting a good football team out of it.

looks like I'm not blocked anymore !

Oh well.

Back to Mike Ashley's Transfer History.

Nice little amount he's putting in his back pocket there, pity we aren't getting a good football team out of it.

Imbecile

Edit, just shows you don't read posts before you spout your bollocks, you even quoted my post where I said you were off ignore :lol:

Edited by Toonpack

Love the way TP is geting proper riled.

If you're gonna be contrary TP you have to follow the CT model of complete indifference to received wisdom. You're supposed to be the enlightened one.

Edited by Happy Face

If you're gonna be contrary TP you have to follow the CT model of complete indifference to received wisdom. You're supposed to be the enlightened one.

Really :lol:

Really :lol:

I think so. Running around in circles blocking and unblocking.

:lol:

Really ;)

<_<

Blocked once, unblocked once. :lol:

As ever a member of the hysteria crew exagerates and twists. You could grow up to be just like Leazes.

Really ;)

:whistle:

Blocked once, unblocked once. :lol:

As ever a member of the hysteria crew exagerates and twists. You could grow up to be just like Leazes.

so says the TP crew headed by Dekka - "we would have gone the way of Leeds if not for Mike Ashley" blah blah blah <_<

Not sure if it's been addressed, and this is aimed at LM mainly following earlier posts with him. Spurs have came out and pretty much said they need to sell before they buy. With that in mind, would it be right to say each club had a limit that they couldnt go past, especially if previous targets had not been met? We spoke about being speculative, or needing to be to progress. Is this the right thing to do for Spurs? Or should they just spend regardless if they want to improve on last season?