anyone ever been on the pitch at a game?

Howmanheyman

Three times that I remember off hand;

1: At SJP when there was a giant screen v Boro. (If that counts).

2. Again at SJP v the Mackems when the ugliest strike force in the world did us 2-0. Got a bollocking off me Dad for that when he found out. I think the average age of the pitch invaders was 17 or something.

3: After the game v Grimsby when we won the 2nd div title. (One of the lads got to pat Keegan on the back as someone put the crown on his heed). :D

Huddersfield in 84 when we got promoted - asked Kenny Wharton for his shirt but he just shook my hand instead.

Cambridge 93 - we were in the seats down the side and the car was parked behind the terrace which meant walking around the ground so we walked across the pitch (there had been a mini-invasion). One of my mates did something to the top his hamstring climbing over the fence so it became "the day Paul lost his arse at Cambridge".

Edited by NJS

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

1. Big Screen against Boro was a magical feeling being on the pitch for the first time, looking round

2. Mackem play off, I was right at the front of the Paddock got pushed up the stairs and on to the pitch, fell down and my new yellow coat was covered in mud. Walked around for a bit my mates joined me, looked round, saw the dogs and we ran in to the Gallowgate

3. Last game of a season was either against Hull or Stoke went on to the pitch after it with everyone else and got a huge divot of grass which I took home on the bus and planted it in the garden

4. When I was ball boy against Oxford some nobhead threw another ball on to the pitch and play was stopped so I ran 5 yards on to the pitch East Stand side to pick the ball up, and ran back with me heed doon

I'll be surprised if nobody says Roker Park as there was always a steady stream of Mags coming out of the home sections every time I went. I was always in the Roker end so it didn't apply to me.

Actually I was on against Charlton on the last home game of the season. I think we got beat 3-0. Supporters climbed over the fences to get on, somebody snapped the crossbar and I and my mates managed to sneak over to the benches from the corner and get on the pitch that way. As a kid you imagined being a player and scoring in front of the Gallowgate, it was the first time I got a players perspective of the view. :D

Actually I was on against Charlton on the last home game of the season. I think we got beat 3-0. Supporters climbed over the fences to get on, somebody snapped the crossbar and I and my mates managed to sneak over to the benches from the corner and get on the pitch that way. As a kid you imagined being a player and scoring in front of the Gallowgate, it was the first time I got a players perspective of the view. :D

I remember that, Garth Crooks scored a volley in off the bar and got hit with a banana.

I, along with thousands more fans ran onto the pitch after Reading beat QPR to finish top of the Championship witha record points total and goals scored.

A magical day, the players all appeared in the stands and celebrated with the fans as well. :D

I remember that, Garth Crooks scored a volley in off the bar and got hit with a banana.

I wouldn't have a clue who scored or did what, which is strange as pre-drinking my memory of stuff like that was a bit like Statto!

2. Again at SJP v the Mackems when the ugliest strike force in the world did us 2-0. Got a bollocking off me Dad for that when he found out. I think the average age of the pitch invaders was 17 or something.

3: After the game v Grimsby when we won the 2nd div title. (One of the lads got to pat Keegan on the back as someone put the crown on his heed). :D

ha 'kinell remember that - was like a rear screen projector and expected folk t see it from the Ggate haha ?!

remember kids getting souvenir bits of turf - some were making ponchos near enough .

i took my bit of turf home and kept it in me bedroom , watered it and everything !

went all peaky so performed a relaying ceremony in the back garden . . so to this day i can say theres a bit of SJP pitch at me folks' house ;)

Coventry, 98 when we stayed up, thousands ran on

Bury pre season away x2, fuck knows why

Before the game a few times on tours etc

Been on the telly countless times

Mainly Cbeebies, isn't it? :D

Once, that I can recall. It was at the final whistle on the last [home?] game of the season against wistam - sometime in the 80's (I think!). A pitch invasion took place in protest at the board. The ronniegill published pictures of the protest (which was happening on the pitch and around the ground) with some sort of headline like 'How Bad Things Have Got' or somesuch. They (the ronnie) then went on to explain that the pictures they were publishing had been taken the year before, when, by a quirk of fate, we were also playing wistam and exactly the same sort of demo had taken place! Nothing had changed. SACK THE BOARD!

Snakehips in his oxblood astronauts looking for trouble :D

ha 'kinell remember that - was like a rear screen projector and expected folk t see it from the Ggate haha ?!

remember kids getting souvenir bits of turf - some were making ponchos near enough .

i took my bit of turf home and kept it in me bedroom , watered it and everything !

went all peaky so performed a relaying ceremony in the back garden . . so to this day i can say theres a bit of SJP pitch at me folks' house ;)

You couldn't see it even when everyone went on the pitch to get a better look, sun was shining on it and it was shit.

3: After the game v Grimsby when we won the 2nd div title. (One of the lads got to pat Keegan on the back as someone put the crown on his heed). ;)

went all peaky so performed a relaying ceremony in the back garden . . so to this day i can say theres a bit of SJP pitch at me folks' house :icon_lol:

You couldn't see it even when everyone went on the pitch to get a better look, sun was shining on it and it was shit.

There was a bloke called Norman who seemed to be the leader of the corner, probably about 35, looked like a thinner version of Hulk Hogan. He used to stand on the barrier singin "Oeeearreee-eh Ban white aheh" mortal when Ossie was he. I was stood near him, and he went "fuck this" so we followed him down he ran on and next thing ye naa 10 thoosand are following like a scene from Braveheart, the view was nee better 20 yards from the Leazes, was too sunny.

Idiotech I mind when Segers let that goal in to keep yous up, and there were two kids on the pitch jumping round with shellsuits about 6 sizes too big for them :D remember them two 10 year olds dancing about?

Have a shot at this, you might get the chance to Zorb across the pitch :D

ZORB ON THE PITCH? For your chance to race in a zorb ball during HT at the Newcastle United vs Arsenal match, tell us who wears the No24 shirt for the Magpies? Please send the correct answer to editor@nufc.co.uk along with your contact details - 2 Winners will be chosen at random and will both win a pair of tickets! GOOD LUCK

3: After the game v Grimsby when we won the 2nd div title. (One of the lads got to pat Keegan on the back as someone put the crown on his heed). :icon_lol:

went all peaky so performed a relaying ceremony in the back garden . . so to this day i can say theres a bit of SJP pitch at me folks' house :icon_lol:

There was a bloke called Norman who seemed to be the leader of the corner, probably about 35, looked like a thinner version of Hulk Hogan. He used to stand on the barrier singin "Oeeearreee-eh Ban white aheh" mortal when Ossie was he. I was stood near him, and he went "fuck this" so we followed him down he ran on and next thing ye naa 10 thoosand are following like a scene from Braveheart, the view was nee better 20 yards from the Leazes, was too sunny.

Idiotech I mind when Segers let that goal in to keep yous up, and there were two kids on the pitch jumping round with shellsuits about 6 sizes too big for them ;) remember them two 10 year olds dancing about?

Used t stand half way down against the wall whistfullly :D staring at the "burger wife" Remember her man - about 15 clem, torrid tight leggins stuffed wi Wagon Wheels, glasses like eddie edwards and assumedly skin thicker than the lenses having t 'serve' how many lads at half time from her bit shed . . stunk of boiled onions .

3: After the game v Grimsby when we won the 2nd div title. (One of the lads got to pat Keegan on the back as someone put the crown on his heed). :icon_lol:

Idiotech I mind when Segers let that goal in to keep yous up, and there were two kids on the pitch jumping round with shellsuits about 6 sizes too big for them ;) remember them two 10 year olds dancing about?

Used t stand half way down against the wall whistfullly :D staring at the "burger wife" Remember her man - about 15 clem, torrid tight leggins stuffed wi Wagon Wheels, glasses like eddie edwards and assumedly skin thicker than the lenses having t 'serve' how many lads at half time from her bit shed . . stunk of boiled onions .

I can't mind the burger wife, but they did Geordie Burgers in the underground hatch like round past the OB and the East Stand, and to this day I've never had better burgers, missed them when I moved to the scoreboard in 93. Keegan's hot dogs were mint outside the ground too.

I can't mind the burger wife, but they did Geordie Burgers in the underground hatch like round past the OB and the East Stand, and to this day I've never had better burgers, missed them when I moved to the scoreboard in 93. Keegan's hot dogs were mint outside the ground too.

..Eush never went near mate . He not the kid who's 'chariot' has been taken off the streets about 8 times or so by H&S ? Used t knock about Nland St too ? Remember a Chron article a while ago

1. West Ham at home. Won 2-1. Last home game of the play-off season.

2. Boro on the screenback

3. Hull at home. Lost 2-1. Last home game of the season. Scum got relegated down at Man City

4. Derby County away. Won 2-1. Promtotion season. After the final whistle we got kept behind for a while, some of us got on the pitch while waiting to be let out.

5. Grimsby Town away. Won 2-0. When we got promoted.

6. Plymouth away. When we got promoted

Edited by SCOREBOARD1

3. Hull at home. Lost 2-1. Last home game of the season. Scum got relegated down at Man City

4. Derby County away. Won 2-1. Promtotion season. After the final whistle we got kept behind for a while, some of us got on the pitch while waiting to be let out.

For thems who were there for the 4-1 that was a mint mint mint day for us, just a few month later as well. OOH AAH FRANZIE CARR SAY OOH AAH FRANZIE CARR - still one of my favourite goal celebrations after the first goal.

What year was that? I'm sure I was in the corner and sort of jumped over for a few seconds and then back into the stand.

What year was that? I'm sure I was in the corner and sort of jumped over for a few seconds and then back into the stand.