Blackburn v Newcastle

Christmas Tree

From what little I gathered from the unbelieveable SSN, it sounded like a pretty poor game that you controlled. Nolan, Barton and Tchoite (however you spell it) are probably a far better midfield than whoever we had. At least Kuqi didn't score.

And did Rochina or Formica play?

I don't know about a poor game, from our point of view we just controlled it. We were talking to a few Blackburn fans before the game [Fox and Hounds] and they said you were playing a bit more football under the new manager but you didn't, youstill hoofed the ball up the pitch. Maybe you resorted to because Barton and Tiotte were winning everything in midfield, but it just came back again and we played through those 2 and you had nothing there.

I like going to Blackburn though, thats the 3rd time, decent day, friendly supporters etc.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen the West Brom on TV game since Karl took over, and we played nicer football then. We didn't leave one striker isolated and fighting the entire defence a la Sam, but tried to pass and move a bit. It would probably take a while to reprogramme our players, and sort out the squad, but I think there will be less hoofball.

Having seen the line-ups, I can see how you dominated the midfield. Dunn has lost his legs, Nzonzi has been poor this season and Jones is probably in an unfamiliar holding role.

A bit worrying we could dominate a game that much and not win (even when we kept a clean sheet). At least Santa Cruz missed that header I suppose.

Same could be said for the Mackem game and a few other games where chance creation/taking has let us down.

Not just the shit strikers's fault - need better service as well.

A bit worrying we could dominate a game that much and not win (even when we kept a clean sheet). At least Santa Cruz missed that header I suppose.

Same could be said for the Mackem game and a few other games where chance creation/taking has let us down.

Not just the shit strikers's fault - need better service as well.

I think there were some excellent balls into the box vs Blackburn that came to nothing as a result of poor movement and anticipation by the strikers. A glaring one was Barton's pullback to Best, who just fell over. Having said all that, I think we'll still score at home (enough to stay up), we just have a poor goal average away this season.

I think the movement's so poor from Best at times the midfielders have nothing to hit. Lovenkrands movement is better but his finishing isn't great and he's so lightweight it's untrue.

Edit: what he said.

Edited by alex