Blackburn v Newcastle

Christmas Tree

This is what happens when your strikers just aren't good enough.

A point gained away from home I am happy with but in reality it's also 2 points dropped because we couldn't finish moves off.

Very worrying. But as always as long as we don't get relegated I don't mind how many no score draws we play in.

In my opinion, a better striker would have gained us 6 points (2 at Sunderland, 2 against Spurs, 2 today).

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the nose Tecato .

Very frustrating to say the least .

6 shots on , 6 shots off and so so many chances made .

Midfield bookings hopefully not going to add up to haunt us with bans towards the (now looking twitchy) end of season . Bit of a background worry that but no way should they reign in the great commitment .

As Paddy Kenny said on radio today about WBA players "solid citizens"

Edited by LoveTheBobby

So Skidders, when I told you Lovenkrands was a winger, I was wrong eh? Did you see the amount of times he was on the wing and not in the box? Take notes son.

Sweet fucking Allah a striker drifting into a wide position, have you never watched football?

Barton, oh my. Save the party pieces for training please.

easily his best option in that spot, you'd have no doubt creamed yourself if it came off

We've got no chance of keeping hold of Enrique this summer, have we? :icon_lol:

very worried about him and tioté going :scratchchin:

good performance overall, ironically think kuqi could have been exactly what was needed on the end of enrique's balls and should have got at least 20 mins

B'burn didn't have a single shot on target. Glad we got shot of that Carroll lad, we've got loads of goal-scorers.

Aye cos that's what the club came out and said isn't it. We sold him because we've got loads of goal scorers. You're an ultimate daft cunt you.

Would of took a point before K/O but to dominate them like that and come away with only a point is a right shitter.

Can't help thinking it would of been a game we would of dominated and lost in the relegation season though. Enrique was immense, Tiote his usual busy and composed self.

So Skidders, when I told you Lovenkrands was a winger, I was wrong eh? Did you see the amount of times he was on the wing and not in the box? Take notes son.

Sweet fucking Allah a striker drifting into a wide position, have you never watched football?

He's a fucking retard this lad man, Lovenkrands is a liability in midfield and at best makes some (some, not many) decent runs. He's shit and even worse in midfield basically.

We desperately need a striker. I can still see us surviving quite easily because we have a good team. Summer transfer market is gonna be just as painful as the january one though I think. I cannot believe how poor a finisher lovenkrands has become, Ranger did fuck all either though. I would have wanted him on in the 60th instead. Oh and Nice topic by Clueless Tree this week, Enrique on the "vain", what a load of pish. Jonas was quite decent aswell tbf against the should-be-retired Salgado.

Terrible forward display. We played well otherwise, but the bookings we received were needless. Tiote lost the plot and we were under pressure after his needless histrionics. Jonas' shirt tug was stupid, Enrique had the man covered, he was going nowhere. Barton shouldn't have been booked imo. As much as I admire Tiote's play, he seems to have his eyes on Perch's 5 cards in 5 games record.

Bearing in mind that was against a very weak Blackburn side that offered little resistance, that was 2 points dropped. Put Ben Arfa in that team and we win though imo.

Barton, oh my. Save the party pieces for training please.

easily his best option in that spot, you'd have no doubt creamed yourself if it came off

Attempting a back heel (and kicking the ball into his own leg and to a Blackburn player) was his best option? Sorry, but NO.

Barton got frustrated in the second half and got progressively worse with his crossing, and set pieces. You can understand his frustration.

A draw away from home against a team that beat us at home when Carroll played tbh lads :icon_lol:

They were there for the taking though today, we completely bossed their midfield. Should have won.

Definitely, but a point and a pleasing performance is a positive. I'd rather play well and get a point than hang on for one, but get the impression that most on here would be less negative in those circumstances!

A draw away from home against a team that beat us at home when Carroll played tbh lads :icon_lol:

I'd prefer not to gauge our results off our possibly worst performance of the season.

...and Carroll scored in that match.

Edited by OzToonFan

Ranger did fuck all either though.

Getting a bit sick of people criticising him instead of other more deserving players.

He hardly had a chance, wasn't on for very long and was on for perhaps the only period where Blackburn put a bit of pressure on us.

Read my entire post, I said I wanted him on around the 60th min, but he did have a few touches and they were horrible except for when he won us a corner.

I'd prefer not to gauge our results off our possibly worst performance of the season.

...and Carroll scored in that match.

He's injured anyway, so selling him hasn't cost us 2 points TBH :scratchchin:

Edited by AshleysSkidMark