This season is Nutso

spongebob toonpants

I will admit am cracking on a bit -not RobW territory, but pretty much staring into the abyss. I saw my first match in the 60's which(and Ive only just realised this to my horror) means this is the 6th decade I've watched Newcastle, but this season....

Supporting the lads has always been part comedy, part tragedy and 100% soap opera, but this season is a ridiculous roller coaster ride that is quite frankly beyond belief.

The season starts with me worrying the squad simply isn't up to it and we suffer a standard thumping at ManU that bodes ill for the year ahead. We follow it up with a 6-0 hammering of Villa, which at the time I considered the most surprising result I'd ever known, seems pretty small potatoes now mind.

The season progresses by losing at home to Blackpool and Stoke but winning away at Everton and Chelsea.

We have signed Tiote and Ben Arfa- both turning out to be magnificent buys, but the joy of Ben Arfa's wonder goal is quickly followed by the horror injury

We get humiliated at home by Arsenal then put 5 past the Mackems and win away at Arsenal.

Ok things are on the up, lets get beat at home by Blackburn and West Brom and have Bolton put five past us - obviously relieving the tedium by a thouroughly entertaing draw against the Champions

So we all seem to be feeling the love for the team, for Chris, maybe the man in charge has changed his ways, Oh no he hasn't Hughton sacked, Alan Pardew put in charge - Alan Pardew!!

Stiill lets hammer Liverpool 3-1. But hold on theres a quick humiliation away at Stevenage.

Throw in a couple of injury time goals to deny us victory against two of three teams I hate more than any other, and Oh yes follow it up by selling our best player to the team I DO hate more than any other... For 35MILLION quid....and it looks like he might not even play again this season... What the fucking fuckity fuck is going on

Arsenal...4-4, a game that pretty much defies rational explanation, but a microcosm of our whole season in 90 minutes

And now to replace Britains most expensive player we are bringing in Shefki Kuqi, thats right Shefki Kuqi

If I had been asked to predict the most bizarre season I could have imagined I wouldn't have come close to what has actually happened. I'm not a religious man but part of me is starting to wonder if this is some sort of cosmic joke at my expense. God only knows what the rest of the season might bring -it could be anything

I will admit am cracking on a bit -not RobW territory, but pretty much staring into the abyss. I saw my first match in the 60's which(and Ive only just realised this to my horror) means this is the 6th decade I've watched Newcastle, but this season....

Supporting the lads has always been part comedy, part tragedy and 100% soap opera, but this season is a ridiculous roller coaster ride that is quite frankly beyond belief.

The season starts with me worrying the squad simply isn't up to it and we suffer a standard thumping at ManU that bodes ill for the year ahead. We follow it up with a 6-0 hammering of Villa, which at the time I considered the most surprising result I'd ever known, seems pretty small potatoes now mind.

The season progresses by losing at home to Blackpool and Stoke but winning away at Everton and Chelsea.

We have signed Tiote and Ben Arfa- both turning out to be magnificent buys, but the joy of Ben Arfa's wonder goal is quickly followed by the horror injury

We get humiliated at home by Arsenal then put 5 past the Mackems and win away at Arsenal.

Ok things are on the up, lets get beat at home by Blackburn and West Brom and have Bolton put five past us - obviously relieving the tedium by a thouroughly entertaing draw against the Champions

So we all seem to be feeling the love for the team, for Chris, maybe the man in charge has changed his ways, Oh no he hasn't Hughton sacked, Alan Pardew put in charge - Alan Pardew!!

Stiill lets hammer Liverpool 3-1. But hold on theres a quick humiliation away at Stevenage.

Throw in a couple of injury time goals to deny us victory against two of three teams I hate more than any other, and Oh yes follow it up by selling our best player to the team I DO hate more than any other... For 35MILLION quid....and it looks like he might not even play again this season... What the fucking fuckity fuck is going on

Arsenal...4-4, a game that pretty much defies rational explanation, but a microcosm of our whole season in 90 minutes

And now to replace Britains most expensive player we are bringing in Shefki Kuqi, thats right Shefki Kuqi

If I had been asked to predict the most bizarre season I could have imagined I wouldn't have come close to what has actually happened. I'm not a religious man but part of me is starting to wonder if this is some sort of cosmic joke at my expense. God only knows what the rest of the season might bring -it could be anything

;) Excellent post spongy.

One of those daft seasons innit. We could still conceivably be relegated or end up in Europe. I wouldn't rule either out on what we've seen so far it's been that unpredictable. If only the owner had an ounce of common sense and ambition, it could have been an awesome return to the top.

WHY DO YOU HATE SPURS ITS WEIRD!!!

Harry Rednapp, Paul Gascoigne, Chris Waddle, David Ginola, DannyB, and because I used to live in Harringey. And Ashley supports them.

They do trail in a distant third in my hate list though - they aren't a permanent feature like Sunderland and Liverpool - they could be replaced by a team less irrelevant at any time. When you drop back down to your normal mid table mediocrity I will probably forget about you again.

Quality post mate. You seem to have condensed the shenanigans of this season into one page, and done so very eloquoently. I must add that the bitterness of losing Carroll has somewhat been compensated by the 35 million that ''we will spend'' in the summer.

I believe we should make a move for Samba (quality player who can give us a minimum of 5 goals a season, even as a defender) and possibly throw in a good bid for Benzema (who has only started like 7 or 8 games this season and is mainly used as a sub).

Quality post mate. You seem to have condensed the shenanigans of this season into one page, and done so very eloquoently. I must add that the bitterness of losing Carroll has somewhat been compensated by the 35 million that ''we will spend'' in the summer.

I believe we should make a move for Samba (quality player who can give us a minimum of 5 goals a season, even as a defender) and possibly throw in a good bid for Benzema (who has only started like 7 or 8 games this season and is mainly used as a sub).

If Shefki Kuqi is anything to go by, I am genuinely afraid of the crapola Pardew might spunk the money on. Supposing that Ashley is serious that the whole amount will be reinvested in the squad (with/without wages), this is might be our only chance under Ashley to seriously improve the squad. Let's hope they don't fuck it up with more "bargains".

Harry Rednapp, Paul Gascoigne, Chris Waddle, David Ginola, DannyB, and because I used to live in Harringey. And Ashley supports them.

They do trail in a distant third in my hate list though - they aren't a permanent feature like Sunderland and Liverpool - they could be replaced by a team less irrelevant at any time. When you drop back down to your normal mid table mediocrity I will probably forget about you again.

my thoughts exactly, must be an age thing eh?

;)

Honestly? mostly their fans.

You honestly say we are more offensive than:

Scousers? (Blue and Red)

Mancs? (Blue and Red)

Leeds?

Millwall?

Jermima and Tarquin from the @rse?

We are no where near you geographically, we have never beaten you in a major final. Yeah a few players have gone back and forward but thats football.

NUFC fans hate for us is widespread and odd.

One of those daft seasons innit. We could still conceivably be relegated or end up in Europe. I wouldn't rule either out on what we've seen so far it's been that unpredictable. If only the owner had an ounce of common sense and ambition, it could have been an awesome return to the top.

I think you can rule both out but especially Europe ;)

Edited by alex

On the internet Danny it is, thats what you are using as a barometer of Newcastle fans as you dont know any in real life.

Why? Just loook at yourself and be honest mate, it should be fairly obvious.

So you are telling me not to judge what nufc fans feel off of you internet zoids, yet I need to look at my persona on here to tell why?

Thats some interesting logic Chez.

Scousers? (Blue and Red)

Mancs? (Blue and Red)

Leeds?

Millwall?

We are no where near you geographically, we have never beaten you in a major final. Yeah a few players have gone back and forward but thats football.

I think it's an eighties thing, to be honest. As a teenager I was fucking gutted to lose Gascoigne to you just a couple of years after Waddle went. We were only just getting over Beardsley going as well. There was also a North/South divide and Thatcher was seen as a Devil and anything from London was looked down on. You were the Glory boys of London at the time so you 'represented' London. You were never ever going to win the league but were handy in the cups. So, Irving Scholar, Gazza, Waddle, Mouthy 'loadsamoney' type fans, Holsten pils, chas and dave, Diamond lights, getting to Wembley and winning stuff and beating us in the 5th round with a dodgy penalty. A mixture of teenage sour grapes and a loathing of seeing media darlings from the capital being fawned over and knowing that our club was at least as big as yours but was being run like a corner shop.

I don't hate you now anywhere like I used to, but you do have a significant internet based fan who gets peoples backs up, to be fair.

Scousers? (Blue and Red)

Mancs? (Blue and Red)

Leeds?

Millwall?

Where did I say I hate Spurs fan above those of Everton, or Citeh or Leeds?

to be honest, I put you in the same bracket as Blue mancs and blue scousers. I don't "hate" Man U fans, the majority I've met seem fairly well versed and balanced. Don't hate Leeds fans, as the few I met in Leeds were sufficiently embarrassed by the antics of the rugby fans as to endear themselves. Millwall fans... never really appear on my radar. I just know they're another London club with an air of entitlement.

People who watch Arsenal, wear their shirt and crow about sound financial footing are not fans, they're consumers. They're often unaware of football pre-"Invincibles". As such they barely get my attention, let alone my scorn.